I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant.

Discus and support I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wish GTA IV wasn't so horrible because I wouldn't of held out on GTA V for so long. I bought it during the Christmas Sale. I only played tonight... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, Jan 8, 2016.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I wish GTA IV wasn't so horrible because I wouldn't of held out on GTA V for so long. I bought it during the Christmas Sale.

I only played tonight without knowing anything about any of the characters and they are awesome. Franklin and Lamar are hilarious.

First person mode makes such a huge difference. It's a million times better. All of the voice actors are really good.

Question though about mp. Do people still play it and are the games full of cheaters and modders?

Is it possible to get all online achievements still?

Any tips you can recommend to make the game better?

:)

brandiesel1, Jan 8, 2016
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Fallout 4 to GTA 5?

GTA IV bored me to tears. GTA V is awesome. It's the game I'm currently playing. First person mode is brilliant.

brandiesel1, Jan 8, 2016
  3. TheMartinG
    TheMartinG Guest
    After the Release of Xbox one, will you still continue to play the Xbox 360?

ive been playing the heck out of it lately. Really enjoying GTA V even though im late to the party...

TheMartinG, Jan 8, 2016
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

I use to have GTA V on Xbox 360, but I got rid of it. The music was sometimes kwl, but there is quite a bit of sexual and gang like stuff in it. Some of my friends had it but their parents took it away from them. Even the graphics on the Xbox 360 version
    look very good. I got the game from JB Hi Fi (a NZ/Australian big retailer) and the staff person said yes it looks good on Xbox 360. It will likely look better on Xbox 1. You get a big world to explore, but the youngest your character can be in the game is
    like 21. In NZ, you can be 18 to drink but have heard you have to be 21 in the US to drink. There's also actually a lot of people well under 18 who play the game too.

You'll still find cheaters and modders just like you do in COD and Halo or stuff. I even like some aspects of the game like a big world to explore different vehicles including aircraft and boats. Some of the music was tuny too. But me and most of my friends
    generally play Minecraft COD and Halo. The game typically represents the behaviour which seems to be more dominant in the US rather than in NZ/Australia. But there are several people who live over in my corner of the world like the game too. I prefer 1st person
    mode much more than 3rd person mode. I think a lot of people will still play the game both on Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 and other platforms too. Tips to make the game better is to play with best friends. My best friends just encourage me to play Minecraft and COD
    and sometimes Halo. I only got 1 achievement in the game on the 360 version, Off the Plane, from 8 October 2013, that was before Xbox 1 came out. I'm not saying I think the game is rubbish, some parts of it are interesting, it's just that I'm caught up with
    other games which I prefer more.

smileskybird, Jan 8, 2016
  5. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    Glad you're liking it, I loved this game and I would think it's still popular online. Just wait until you've met Trevor... he's a nutcase but a brilliant character.

DWoodbine, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    Love GTA, played it on 360, X1 and PC. Just asked my lad and he reckons it still quite busy online.

Goatsnatcher, Jan 8, 2016
  7. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    As for the online achievements, I really don't know tbh. Not sure how many achievements I got but I know I got to over lvl 100, then they changed a lot of the online missions and I'd already moved on to something else.

Goatsnatcher, Jan 8, 2016
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Is Trevor one of the people you meet in the very beginning at the robbery?

brandiesel1, Jan 8, 2016
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Trust me,you'll know when you've met Trevor properly.

That first bit doesn't prepare you for meeting him properly later on.

All the online achievements are do-able with 2 or 3 friends.

Daft Badger, Jan 8, 2016
  10. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    There's no one quite like Trevor.......thank god!

John Dowding, Jan 8, 2016
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I can't wait to get to that part of the game. This game was totally meant to be played in first person in my opinion.

brandiesel1, Jan 9, 2016
  12. You are correct sir . Fantastic game. TBH I have probably put even more time into the online with friends than the SP. GTA offers the kind of persistent world fun that Destiny can only dream about. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Dance CaravanDJ Service, Jan 11, 2016
  13. MA71LDA
    MA71LDA Guest

Is GTAV significantly better on the One? I enjoyed it on the 360 and completed the main story but felt I got rid a little too early and yes, Trevor is very special!!! Btw, did anyone see the picture of a real life Trevor on Facebook or Instagram? Eerily
    uncanny!

MA71LDA, Jan 11, 2016
  14. Played both the ps3, Ps4 and Xb1 versions. My favorite experience would be the Xb1 version, I just think it had the better frame rate. BTW, the PS4 now plays the PS2 versions of gta3, gtavc and gtasa with trophies. It may be feasible to see the xb versions
    on xb1? after all, they would be x86 games and easy to emulate.

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 11, 2016
  15. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Is it me or are the controls super sensitive in first person mode? I turned sensitivity down but it's still hard to aim. Maybe I just haven't played an FPS game in a long time...

brandiesel1, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

1. I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant. - Similar Threads - I'm late party

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  4. I'm stuck

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm stuck: I cant get java for free even though I have bedrock and play on windows 11 c0c3cd65-b57a-41e5-bf92-1919e4cf80c0
  5. My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up: I know that my Xbox one is hacked. I need to know how to clear up this issue. I talk to someone at Microsoft tech support but was cut off twice. Can someone help me clear up my problem...
  6. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  7. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  8. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  9. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  10. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...