I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address

Discus and support I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Where do I get an ip address and can someone help me through the set up please 1044b35d-4685-435f-b4ad-0e9458ddbaf8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RadiatedAtol261, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address

Where do I get an ip address and can someone help me through the set up please

:)

RadiatedAtol261, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Halo Of Auva
    Halo Of Auva Guest
    Can't join partys/games of friends while i have a open nat I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address :(

Usually if you are having trouble with your router in this circumstance, the temporary solution would be to set a static IP address to your console.

This can be achieved by doing the following:

Xbox Dashboard > System Settings > Network Settings > Your Active Internet Connection > Configure Network > Click where it says " IP Settings, IP Address etc." > Manual.

Now do the following:

IP Address: Try and access your router to find what IP your xbox is using, you can also do this by checking the previous menu. Then set that as manual IP under manual menu. Also counter measure this by adding this IP as a static in your
    router page that way no other household item that requires internet will share same IP as xbox. Plus you will need to add ports under this IP if possible too.

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: Same IP as you use to access your router login page.

Once all that is done, simply click done then sign into xbox live as usual and try and connect to party chat.

Halo Of Auva, Oct 13, 2017
  3. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Cannot sign into Wifi via additional authentication

KMA iiBEAST,

How are you my friend? What you want to do is MAC spoofing. Its where you take your laptop or desktop computer and go into the internet properties where you have your wifi set up.

What your gonna go is get your MAC address settings, your IP address settings and your DNS settings off your internet properties.

Here is a page to help you with that
    Advanced Settings

XBF Aaron G, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Halo Of Auva Win User

Can't join partys/games of friends while i have a open nat :(

Usually if you are having trouble with your router in this circumstance, the temporary solution would be to set a static IP address to your console.

This can be achieved by doing the following:

Xbox Dashboard > System Settings > Network Settings > Your Active Internet Connection > Configure Network > Click where it says " IP Settings, IP Address etc." > Manual.

Now do the following:

IP Address: Try and access your router to find what IP your xbox is using, you can also do this by checking the previous menu. Then set that as manual IP under manual menu. Also counter measure this by adding this IP as a static in your
    router page that way no other household item that requires internet will share same IP as xbox. Plus you will need to add ports under this IP if possible too.

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: Same IP as you use to access your router login page.

Once all that is done, simply click done then sign into xbox live as usual and try and connect to party chat.
  5. cherylniles Win User

Still having trouble with Alternate MAC address

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with your Mac Address settings. The best way to have the Disney Circle work would be to manually set up a static IP address to do that you'd need to
    go to your "Settings" under "Network" find the "Advanced Settings". In there take note of your Wireless MAC or Wired MAC depending what internet connection you are using. Then select Alternate Mac Address and set it to manual and reenter the MAC address there.
    Doing that will keep your MAC address from changing. Keep in mind that anyone clearing the Alternate MAC address would cause it to change. You may want to try setting up a parental restriction from your child's account to be blocked from accessing the settings.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks for your very clear description of how to manually set the MAC address on the Xbox. Since I've set a static IP address a couple of times through the router I'm more intrigued by your suggestion to set a parental restriction to block my son from accessing
    the settings.

I'll look for that and post again if I have success.
  6. CationicArtist7 Win User

Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem

@Mister Fitzer Yes, except ''Solution 6 (modem connection only): Set your PPPoE settings'' I didn't quite understood what to do here. And at step 4 I didn't understood the ''Make up a unique IP address'', I did set the IP address manually though, but with
    the IP address that I get when I do have a connection. Thanks for the feedback :)
  7. XBF Aaron G Win User

Cannot sign into Wifi via additional authentication

KMA iiBEAST,

How are you my friend? What you want to do is MAC spoofing. Its where you take your laptop or desktop computer and go into the internet properties where you have your wifi set up.

What your gonna go is get your MAC address settings, your IP address settings and your DNS settings off your internet properties.

Here is a page to help you with that
    Advanced Settings
  8. onyxishere Win User

I could not redeem prepaid code, it says something went wrong!

Your tag would need to be set to the US but because you live in a region other than where you want to set you could have trouble downloading items due to your current IP address.
Thema:

I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address

1. I'm having trouble setting up Internet where do I get the ip address - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  3. I'm having trouble with my graphics rendering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my graphics rendering: I'm having trouble with my graphics rendering. While my friends' textures are drawing smoothly, mine are not loading from a distance. 73290fbf-a7e8-409e-adc9-fcc2388ab5c8
  4. I'm having trouble reinstalling WWE 2K19 to my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble reinstalling WWE 2K19 to my Xbox One: I'm trying to reinstall WWE 2K19 to my Xbox One but at about 50% or a little higher it stops installing and shut off the install. I tried deleting everything and reinstalling and it still does...
  5. I'm having trouble with mw3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble with mw3: I got the game brand new from asda and it wouldn't load up but cleared my mac address and worked but after a couple of days it won't load up but all my other games load up but this one tried...
  6. I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble signing in to my Xbox Live account: When logging into the Xbox Live account, an error appears: "The background task activation is spurious xbox" or "An illegal state change was requested" 54b09cc4-1f8e-44c0-a505-818c9415bade
  7. My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...: My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading offline updates from Xbox support page keeps loading sigh help needed e91cbc71-78e6-4d07-b4fe-2d6f4387cdde
  8. I'm having trouble starting the game The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble starting the game The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited: For a while now I have been having problems with my game, I tried to reset the console, restart the wifi and everything but still nothing, the other games do work, I was talking to some friends...
  9. I'm having trouble logging in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble logging in.: Unfortunately, I logged out of my account, I tried to log in again and it said that the email was not correct, I MADE SURE TO WRITE THE CHARACTERS CORRECTLY. I need to recover my account, any help...
  10. Hello I'm having trouble with minecraft java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I'm having trouble with minecraft java: Hello, I'm having a problem when I try to play minecraft java, it appears the loading screen but it does not load, and I waited like a hour and still. If someone could help me I would appreciate!...