I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver"

Discus and support I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a film titled "The Beaver", and it starts up and seems to work, until after I watch or skip all of the previews of other films. The app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vvhitespace, Apr 29, 2015.

1. vvhitespace
    vvhitespace Guest

I purchased a film titled "The Beaver", and it starts up and seems to work, until after I watch or skip all of the previews of other films. The app says that it is at the top menu, meaning I should be able to select "play movie", "scenes", etc., but the
    video freezes at 19 seconds while the music keeps playing, and it never reaches the point where I can choose to play the movie. I attempted to play it on my brother's console, and the same thing happened. I assumed the disc was defective, so I bought a new
    one from a different store and the exact same thing happened. This leads me to believe that the discs are not defective, although I do not have any other type of blu ray player with which I could test the disc. So I've now wasted $30 on two copies of a film
    that my Xbox's blu ray player won't play. I've played many other blu rays aside from "The Beaver" with my Xbox One console, so I don't understand why this one fails to work properly.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Even better, anyone from XBOX know what's going on/how to fix it?

:)

vvhitespace, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    L.A. Noire was once a six disc game

[quote user="saintmarc"]

could have been 1 blu-ray disc...if there was a blu-ray player in my xbox. /rant

[/quote]

Well you read how the developers were originally struggling to contain "LA Noire" to a single Blue Ray disc.

Much has been made of the 360 version looking better (if only slightly) than the PS 3 product in another thread on these board already.

How ironic that Blue Ray is actually limiting developers for the PS 3 as they are forced to sacrifice polish to fit onto a single Blue Ray disc.

Az

Azrael008uk, Apr 29, 2015
  3. I predict skinny game cases for next gen xbox

[quote user="noboundz"]

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="noboundz"]

[quote user="WILK0"]

@noboundz, i'm shocked, lol.

[/quote]

Well, it just makes them easier to handle, and I'd rather not break one.

[/quote]lol, i don't know if we are talking about the same thing...

[/quote]

Cases of course! lol

-

In all seriousness though, unless MS goes with blue-ray next gen, then I assume multiple disc games would still be the norm, and thinner cases would still be relatively thick because of it.

[/quote]

Pretty sure they'll go blue-ray. DVD is too outdated these days. Even blue-ray disc are reaching the same price as DVD in UK.

Undeadfire Zero, Apr 29, 2015
  4. Undeadfire Zero Win User

bluray dvd

No Blu-Ray is a different disc reading to the standard DVD basis. Many companys have the legal right of using it like Sony. But Microsoft isn't one of them so I'm sorry it won't play Blu-Ray DVDs. They require a Blu-Ray Disc Driver.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox 1 games won’t work on my Series X

The drive contains separate lasers for the DVD and Blu-ray disc reading. Xbox one titles are on Blu-ray, while the others are on DVD. Please try a Blu-ray movie in the drive and see if it works
  6. Wrayman89 Win User

Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

I have the app fully updated, reset the console to default settings, cleared the blu ray app data, let the disc auto-play, played the disc manually, set the blu ray app to not remember the last played position, etc.

It just refuses to play certain blu rays, anybody else have Jojo Rabbit on blu ray and able to confirm the problem?
  7. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey, guys, I'm having the same issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put the disc in the Blu-ray player app launches and then gives me this message. "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game try launching
    it from your game & app instead ( 0x91d70000) ". It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine.
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

4k playback on bluray player

Hey there ricedemon,

That's an odd issue for sure, one that we've not seen with 4K UHD discs. Which Blu-ray title are you playing that you're seeing this issue? To clarify, are you sure that you're using the 4K UHD disc and not the Standard Blu-ray? Can you share a picture of
    the disc as well? Does the issue happen with all 4k UHD discs you try.

Let us know!
Thema:

1. I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver" - Similar Threads - I'm having difficulty

2. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  3. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  4. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  5. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  6. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  7. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  8. I'm wanting to send off my xbox for some repairs and I have my 3 shipping invoices do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm wanting to send off my xbox for some repairs and I have my 3 shipping invoices do I...: I don't know what to do with the shipping invoice I don't know if I have to sign all 3 copies and I don't know how to send them with the Consol as I have never done this and never used ups as a uk...
  9. Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .: More specifically in the deals category there is a deal for you game but when I try purchasing it it gives me an error code and tells me to try again. Also yes I have checked everything for an...
  10. I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.: I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias that I created successfully. I have gone to...