I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.

Discus and support I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Psyfrog, May 2, 2023.

1. Psyfrog
    Psyfrog Guest

I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias that I created successfully. I have gone to the Account Management section on the website and gotten to the part where I type in my new alias e-mail and it tells me that the alias already exists. When I type the e-mail into the box below that is for existing e-mail addresses / aliases and it also tells me it already exists. As usual with Microsoft there is no way to get anyone on the phone to help. I have tried using the on-line "Contact Us" button and when I go through the steps it says there is no support .... just an article to read or to follow a virtual agent. Do I actually need to delete my alias ... wait 30 days ... and re-claim it in a different part of the web-site? Can anyone help?

:)

Psyfrog, May 2, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

my account is locked and none is helping me to unlock it there is no verify step or next button

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

This feature is currently not available for Microsoft account. The only option is to change the primary email address of the Microsoft account that owns your Xbox profile. The account owner must change the email of the account that owns their Xbox profile to the intended email address.

I hope I helped and see you soon.
  3. RobinGalyardt Win User

Changing email addresses on a profile .

To Darkest Sanity :

I checked the forums re ; emails going to wrong addresses . There seems to be some kind of problem that MS Support is trying to solve on this issue . Especially with points .

I set up a new account when I did my swap partly to get an address that I can use solely for the Xbox & nothing else . Although I have no problems signing in , I'm not getting any messages from Xbox Live .

I have another profile with another address that gets Xbox messages , but that address also gets messages for my 1st profile that I would prefer to go to my new address .

I also noticed that although I'm signing in here ( Xbox Live ) with my new email address , my name lists the address of my 2nd profile which would explain the cross over . Guess I'll have to do some more research , aaaagh !
  4. Internet Expert Win User

How do I change email address on my xbox

5. bowski477 Win User

How do I change email when the email account already has an Xbox Gamertag?

There is no way to merge or transfer accounts.

If it's only the name you are looking to use for the 2nd account you would need to pay to change the GT on the first account to free up the name. Then you will need to pay for the change on the second account.

The same process would need to be done if it's the email address. You have to change the address on the 1st account to free the address. Then you can use it on the 2nd account. The difference being that email changes don't require payments.
  6. WearyPup4463061 Win User

Missing secondary profile after deleting/redownloading!

ok so the 2nd acct did not have live just a profile..but I set up the profile with my main email address. and when trying to redownload i get just my main profile..

very dumb setup msft
Thema:

1. I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile. - Similar Threads - I'm having difficulty

2. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  3. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  4. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  7. I'm wanting to send off my xbox for some repairs and I have my 3 shipping invoices do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm wanting to send off my xbox for some repairs and I have my 3 shipping invoices do I...: I don't know what to do with the shipping invoice I don't know if I have to sign all 3 copies and I don't know how to send them with the Consol as I have never done this and never used ups as a uk...
  8. I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.: I used to have a Minecraft realm that would auto-renew. I never cancelled it, but last month it "expired" so it was no longer playable, even though the payment for it processed the day before...
  9. I have allowed multiplayer on my minecraft world but when I'm inside the world, it shows...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have allowed multiplayer on my minecraft world but when I'm inside the world, it shows...: I'm playing Minecraft on Mobile phone d24c24aa-d972-49e8-a9f6-a46611e152dd
  10. Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello there! I'm having difficulties with Microsoft store currently. .: More specifically in the deals category there is a deal for you game but when I try purchasing it it gives me an error code and tells me to try again. Also yes I have checked everything for an...