I'm having a problem with HDR on some games that previously were fine.

Discus and support I'm having a problem with HDR on some games that previously were fine. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new amp and started to try and get the best picture and sound, I have a Panasonic tx58dx902b TV. The TV has a 10bit panel but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarrenParr, May 15, 2023.

1. DarrenParr
    DarrenParr Guest

I have recently bought a new amp and started to try and get the best picture and sound, I have a Panasonic tx58dx902b TV.

The TV has a 10bit panel but only a hdmi 2.0 port with hdcp 2.2.

After a bit of experimenting I found the best picture was with 10bit colour with 4.2.2 box ticked but the problem I have now is that this has unset alot of games I once used to play in HDR with alot of them not recognising HDR at all.

First party stuff are generally great (Forza H 5, etc)but stuff like ravenlok or Benedict fox just won't switch to HDR at all no matter what I do where as the previously did.

I've tried all sorts including going back to original set-ups direct to TV etc but they won't switch to HDR.

:)

DarrenParr, May 15, 2023
  2. DarrenParr Win User

Hi Geri I apologize for the late reply I have been testing lots of different things to try and solve the problem, and I still have the same problems.

I have tried every hdmi port and everything is set correctly but still have the same issues with it not switching to hdmi.

I'm pretty sure it's the Xbox at fault.

Hirush won't switch to HDR along with a few other including Benedict fox.

Forza horizon 5 is perfect as is Minecraft legends.

I've tried every variation of input on my TV and Xbox without success, changing to mode 2 on the port is the best I can get but only around 50% of games work.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi DarrenParr,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi DarrenParr,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

It's really an issue to gaming community. HDR sometime works fine on Windows but not to all games. Compatibility issues with some of the game developers, I guess? Does your HDR also not work if you run these games on a single monitor?

We recommend you check your monitor and HDMI port. If you're using multiple HDR-enabled monitors to view or run games, try connecting your TV to your PC only and enabling HDR streaming for that monitor.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. DarrenParr Win User

I'm going to try on a different TV set in my bedroom tomorrow to see if I can rule out a TV problem.
  6. O Palestrino Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

I am having the same problems here with my Xbox One S and my Samsung KS8000.

The first time I used my Xbox One S HDR was fine. After a preview update the problem appeared. I reverted back to the normal update and still same problem.

I changed some video settings like putting 12 bit colors and now the HDR problem looks solved. But definitely the Xbox one S has some HDR issues.
Thema:

1. I'm having a problem with HDR on some games that previously were fine. - Similar Threads - I'm having problem

2. Hello I'm having problems with inviting my friends to a non-dedicated on Ark: survival...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I'm having problems with inviting my friends to a non-dedicated on Ark: survival...: I can't invite me friends and they can't invite me 8c9e169c-deeb-44fe-9ae3-18f85184b53d
  3. Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...: I've tried everything but it always says there's issues with my account or a network error or a sign in problem, I've tried all troubleshooting ways deleting and reinstalling the game and my...
  4. I'm having problems, with the microsoft rewards ''Send'' Button.

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm having problems, with the microsoft rewards ''Send'' Button.: I encountered an issue while attempting to redeem a "Digital Card" using my Microsoft Rewards account, which had a balance of 3000 points. Initially, I was unable to proceed with the redemption...
  5. Hello again, I'm having some problems with a specific game, and I was wondering if maybe...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello again, I'm having some problems with a specific game, and I was wondering if maybe...: The problem is in the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition, in a specific part, the game keeps loading infinitely. Specifying even more, it is in the part where we escape from the black...
  6. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  7. I'm having a problem with the Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having a problem with the Xbox PC app: I can no longer install the Xbox PC app and therefore no longer play games on the PC like the new Forza. What is this and how can I fix it? 82c597bc-a307-40b0-84fd-dc45e1171afb
  8. I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...: Split from this thread. Was Playing RB6 Siege on iCloud gaming on PC perfectly, then as starfield released I noticed it not starting up I play any other iCloud games is there an issue with...
  9. I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...: Help with cloud gaming nit loading. 84aecb15-96fe-4f6f-80c5-5d834b6a7d02
  10. I'm having problems with my xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having problems with my xbox one s: Hi yall, I have an issue with my xbox right now and I don't know what to do. So whenever I turn on my xbox, it seemingly turns on, the light and sound played, but there is no connection to my tv,...