I'm changing Xbox consoles, will it save my game progress?

Discus and support I'm changing Xbox consoles, will it save my game progress? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm thinking about upgrading my Xbox from an Xbox One S, to an Xbox Series S. I have a few games that are on disks that I use for my current Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by McMullin McMullin, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I'm changing Xbox consoles, will it save my game progress?

I'm thinking about upgrading my Xbox from an Xbox One S, to an Xbox Series S. I have a few games that are on disks that I use for my current Xbox One S, and I'm aware that these same disks won't work on the Series S. So, if I get a Series S and I get new disks of the same game, and I use the same Xbox Account, will all of my progress be saved, or will I have to start over?

:)

McMullin McMullin, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

You'll still have your progress, but the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, so you'd need to own the games digitally in order to be able to play them.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Cloud saves - can I recover an earlier save?

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

You have a progress file that is saved to the console and a progress file that is saved to the cloud. Your console progress file is automatically synced to the cloud and you have no way to access your cloud progress.

You can try deleting your cloud progress to try to bring up your previous progress but I think probably your cloud progress has already been synced with the progress you have on the console.

To erase your progress on the console press the menu button on the game icon and go to manage games and add-ons>saved data and delete the progress only from the console, open the game and your progress will be synchronized with the progress that is in the cloud.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid the progress has been lost and there's no way to recover. Sorry about that, mate.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Indiana Jones original not saving on Xbox One

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

When you are playing a backwards compatible game on an Xbox console or in the cloud, save the game frequently. If you open another game or app in full screen without saving, you will lose your unsaved progress.
    When you're ready to end your game session, you'll need to return to the game's main menu before exiting to have your game saved to the cloud.
    Note Xbox 360 game progress can be saved to Xbox 360 and continued to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, or the cloud. For original Xbox games, saved games, whether originally played on an original Xbox console or Xbox 360, cannot be accessed on newer Xbox consoles.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  5. InhumanBubble87 Win User

Achievements crashing Last Call BBS

Hey, I was having this problem and fixed it by uninstalling the game and re-installing it on a new drive. I didn't loose any of my progress in the move, although afterwards occasionally the game wouldn't save progress. Fixes the crash and achievement not popping though. Although I'm not sure if there's a way for me to get the achievement for downloading all the games, as progress saved before the crash on that one. And as far as I'm aware there's no way to delete my save game in the cloud on Xbox Game Pass. So, that was my way to fix it but it's not flawless.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox cloud data was over written and I want old data back

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is unlikely that you will be able to recover but try this. Click the menu button on the game icon and go to manage game and add-ons>saved data and delete the console only progress, open the game and resynchronize your progress. If it is with the same progress it means that the progress has been rewritten.
Thema:

1. I'm changing Xbox consoles, will it save my game progress? - Similar Threads - I'm changing consoles

2. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....
  3. i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed: it was a free name change too so im really confused whats the problem 8dd660c0-8970-4193-bbc4-6e09e6c58455
  4. gamertag hasn't changed (might be because i'm suspended)

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag hasn't changed (might be because i'm suspended): i've ordered a gamertag change not so long ago & i've ended up getting $10 removed from my debit card, the name hasn't appeared anywhere. when i checked if the order was completed it said it was...
  5. Ok I'm banned on Xbox but I want to at least change my pfp to anime there is nothig wrong...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ok I'm banned on Xbox but I want to at least change my pfp to anime there is nothig wrong...: I am banned on Xbox and I wanna change my pfp to a anime person there is nothing wrong with it just please lemme change it 3e8eaa48-2106-4385-a07e-0d67d8947e16
  6. I'm trying to change a childs game pic to a customized pic

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change a childs game pic to a customized pic: I have 2 child accounts in our family on xbox, one was able to change their proflie to have a customized profile pic and the other, it said they had to be older to change the pic. I changed the...
  7. If my friend gave a me a game for Argentina Region, but I'm in UK, can I change my region...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If my friend gave a me a game for Argentina Region, but I'm in UK, can I change my region...: My friend gave me a game but it's for Argentina, can I change my region to get the game and change it back. I'm from Uk 3775030b-89e5-4930-92a4-a15dafabd74f
  8. My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it: When I go to edit my profile information the country is greyed out. How can I change it? e010606f-b093-4ae4-bd13-616967de4577
  9. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....
  10. I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having difficulty changing my email address for a 2nd Xbox profile.: I created an alias on Xbox to play Diablo 3 locally with a friend. I registered an Apple e-mail address that I now want to change to an outlook alias that I created successfully. I have gone to...