I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned...

Discus and support I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] \ Already owned on Xbox as shown here. [img] [img] Minecraft launcher asking me to buy both java and bedrock although I own bedrock and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by victor ‎‎, Dec 5, 2022.

1. I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned...

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned... [​IMG]
    \

Already owned on Xbox as shown here.

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned... [​IMG]

Minecraft launcher asking me to buy both java and bedrock although I own bedrock and I've played java on my laptop.

:)

victor ‎‎, Dec 5, 2022
  2. savannah bush Win User

buggy purchasing

it does not show minecraft bedrock edition as already purchased on this account, it is making me buy Java and bedrock. I do not want Java, I just want bedrock, which I should already have.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

Hi Victor. I don’t know how you played Java in the past. Maybe it was via game pass.
    But if the game doesn’t appear purchased in your order history, it means that you don’t know it.

About the Xbox edition, yes. It’s bedrock, but it’s the Bedrock for Xbox, not Windows

The free Java edition was granted to the people who purchased Bedrock for windows.
    Any other platform is not eligible, only PC (and the opposite if you owned Java)

You can double check this here:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

“I have Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Switch/Mobile/PlayStation/another platform besides PC, Mac or Linux. Do I get Java Edition for free?

Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is only for the PC, Mac, and Linux platforms at the moment. This offer does not apply to consoles or other versions of Minecraft.”
  4. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.

My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Victor

Checking your first screenshot, that's the Xbox edition of Minecraft. Not the PC version, you can check the PC version here:

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-java...

**You can check if you own each version scrolling down a bit and select each edition under "In this bundle"

This is the Xbox edition, please confirm if it says install or buy

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft/9MVX...

As a friendly reminder, Minecraft is not an Xbox play anywhere title. This means that's necessary to purchase the title in the platform that you want to use
  6. Bshaw2018 Win User

Minecraft Account

Hello!

Yes, I already own Minecraft on my previous account. I own both Java and Bedrock edition. I have tried logging into my previous account but it still required me to purchase Minecraft Java Edition for the second time
Thema:

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned...

1. I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned... - Similar Threads - I'm being asked

2. How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I talk to a living human being about my issue? I'm struggling with the website .: I have a problem I cannot solve on the Microsoft customer website. I purchased a digital game gift for someone in Canada, unaware that I would not be able to send it to him. He cannot redeem the...
  3. I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.: I used to have a Minecraft realm that would auto-renew. I never cancelled it, but last month it "expired" so it was no longer playable, even though the payment for it processed the day before...
  4. I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass: Why do I need to buy Game Pass in order to play zombies offline? 289d7a7f-10d1-4425-97a6-68ec88cf7914
  5. I'm sick of not being able use the service I pay for. I want to cancel and I would...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm sick of not being able use the service I pay for. I want to cancel and I would...: I want to cancel my membership and I would appreciate a refund as I did not receive the service I paid for 40252d18-8cd3-4399-a080-f125abbe19b2
  6. I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month: I need to talk to someone about being charged seven times when I should only have one account 8a6ebdc0-98f6-4817-b906-3bfaa5b58c56
  7. I'm locked out my account and unless I can speak to an actual human being, I'm going to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm locked out my account and unless I can speak to an actual human being, I'm going to...: Okay. So I tried signing into my Xbox yesterday and it asked me to verify my account due to a security risk, no big deal. I've done it dozens of times before. But THIS TIME, I'm stuck in an...
  8. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....
  9. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...
  10. I'm being constantly harassed and banned on Xbox one, I am being targeted with screenshots...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm being constantly harassed and banned on Xbox one, I am being targeted with screenshots...: Acc [mod removed] and a group chat this person invited me to, is targeting, (and openly omitting to targeting) is getting myself and others banned. Harassment, bullied, and then telling others...