I'm a victim of a scam, then I get punished

Discus and support I'm a victim of a scam, then I get punished in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Fallout 76 eailer today attempting to trade items bu posting trade offers on LFG. A player says he wants to trade and invited me to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trinitarian-CA21C929-AAF7, Aug 17, 2020.

1. I'm a victim of a scam, then I get punished

I was playing Fallout 76 eailer today attempting to trade items bu posting trade offers on LFG. A player says he wants to trade and invited me to a party. I joined the party and noticed there are around 5 to 6 people in the party. Everyone was quite, i
    felt something was off. Anyway, once i meet with the player im supposed to trade with in the game,he calls out to another person in the party "ok, do it." The other guy then says, "Listen, dont leave the party, i got your IP address" and then continues on
    to say my state, town and ISP. After that he continues, "your gonna give us what we want, or ill shut down you internet for weeks maybe months, i'll even call the SWAT team to your house or send somebody else. You going to give us the items we want and then
    we'll leave you alone." I played along acting real nervous like i was going to give him the weapons so i could figure out who was doing the DDosing and potential SWAT. I did a quick report on him and then the other player who first contacted me for the trade
    and who i supposed to surrender my items to.

After they figured out they werent getting my items, the person who had my IP address said "your getting shut down!" my internet immediately went out from the DDosing. It was only out for about an hour. I have another ISP in the house i live in right now
    so i connected to that one and confronted the main player who set up the scam, i filed more reports and I posted on LFG for players to be aware of the scam they are operating. I had to call the police to make sure i wasnt being SWATed, i had to be on the phone
    with my ISP with somebody who has never even heard of what a DDosing attack was, i made serveral reports trying to get all the facts out there in order to shut these guys down, trying to get my internet back online and be on the phone with the police to ensure
    i wasnt getting swated. All this took a few hours to get sorted out.

Then i wake up to find that i am suspended for one day on Xbox from joining parties, sending messages and posting in LFG. All because in the midst of all that chaos i posted a PSA about that player who pulled me into that party to initiate the scam posing
    real world threats. Granted, if calling out a bunch of thugs who are trying to rob you on LFG is against TOS at least let me off with a warning. I mainly play with family on xbox and having to tell them i got suspended makes it look like im guilty of something
    terrible.

Now, not only have i had to deal with all that drama but i cant causally play with family tonight because i didnt perfectly respond to a chaotic situation by warning the community of these nasty scam artist trying to strong arm in game items from you and
    holding your internet ransom while making essentially terrorist threats by having you SWATed or sending people to your house. Oh forgive me for trying to warn the public not knowing its a minor infraction against the TOS. I been on xbox live for 14 years and
    this is the first disciplinary action taken against me when im a victim of a crime.

This entire situation blows my mind.I have had to deal with all that **** for two hours earlier, and now i cant talk with family because i was targeted for a real life crime but in my haste in trying to warn other players in doing so mistakingly break the
    LFG rules with a minor infraction cause thats not allowed. If any case called for a simply warning this is it guys. I mean just a, "we understand what you were going through, but next time dont do a PSA on LFG calling out the scammers just use proper channels"
    is all that needed to be done. Actual discipline being used against me is outrageous in this case.

:)

Trinitarian-CA21C929-AAF7, Aug 17, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. NightfireZombie Win User

Xbox Live and Axe Deoderant Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner???

What was the email that emailed you? You might be the victim of a phishing scam.
  3. gameshoes3003 Win User

Team Killing in Hardcore

They could just bring in the punishment system where the victim can forgive or punish.

Punishing kills the team killer (or on next life if already dead) and then keep him out for 30 seconds.
  4. Adzco Win User

**** enforcement internment camp

I just hope the punishment he got fit the crime. Apparently context isn't taken into account and you got punishment regardless, even as the victim of something which is an actual criminal offence.
  5. High M0nster Win User

Account banned

And rich get richer fuzzin ***, the punishment is losing the account and all levels I had on all cods, that's scamming out of money Microsoft is a bunch of rich scammers
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox digital gift cards purchased by stolen online store account

@Kathy it's not a MS compromised account

The hacker did the iTunes scam

They.buy codes well technically the victim does but in this case the compromised account did on a third party site

And then they resell the codes for cash

Usually china where no-one cab touch them it's a popular scam usually done on poor unsuspecting mothers who think the person on the line is thier son heading to jail

Along with the IRS/CRA scam it adds to millions of lost money to elderly victims

They since upgrades ro bitcoin but whatever is easier
Thema:

I'm a victim of a scam, then I get punished

1. I'm a victim of a scam, then I get punished - Similar Threads - I'm victim scam

2. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  3. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  4. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  5. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  6. I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm just wondering why my 500GB Xbox can only use 200GB , I understand about reserved space...: Is this just how the Xbox is made now, to force people to pay an extra 400$ to play some of their games? 101b60ff-0803-4dc5-bc92-8ad645d6c617
  7. I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc.: I'm having an issue with my turtle beach 600 gen 2 USB headset for Xbox. I use it on pc. And it cuts out almost every 20 mins then cuts back on after like 5-10 secs. It's really annoying. I...
  8. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  9. Com banned even tho I'm the victim

in XBoX on Windows
    Com banned even tho I'm the victim: So I have been com banned for saying and I quote "whatever tickles your pickle". Back story was that I was being harassed by these three guys in a clan and they kept calling me bad and certain...
  10. Comm Banned when I'm the victim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comm Banned when I'm the victim: So story goes, I haven't played Destiny in like 3 months and decided to get on and see if KF was the featured raid, but its not this week so i decided to do the heroic strike for my treasure box....