If you change your password does it sign out people who have the xbox app and your password?

Discus and support If you change your password does it sign out people who have the xbox app and your password? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account info was leaked, but I changed it but it says people on ios were on it and I dont know if it makes them put in the new password, anything... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rileyfell, Dec 1, 2022.

1. rileyfell
    rileyfell Guest

If you change your password does it sign out people who have the xbox app and your password?

My account info was leaked, but I changed it but it says people on ios were on it and I dont know if it makes them put in the new password, anything about what I can do to make sure they cant do anything would help

:)

rileyfell, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Rileyfell, usually accounts receive disconnect yes, friend.

But you can check if your account is logged in another platform, like this

Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in and find the device you want to remove.

Select Show Details to view device information.

Under the device name, select More Actions > Remove.

Review the device details, select the I'm ready to remove this device checkbox, then select Remove.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox one account problems

Once you change the password on your account and sign in on a different xbox one it will then sign your account out on their console and the next time they try to sign in with your account it will request the new password and if they dont know the new password
    they will then not be able to sign in and use your account.

Like Smwutches said the only thing changing the home xbox does is prevents them from playing your games on their console with their profile. changing the password would effectively prevent them from signing into your account again without the new password.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Login

Since you changed your Gamertag, you will HAVE TO sign out and back in to a Xbox 360 backwards compatible game.

If you have a very long password, you will need to create a so called App Password to use on the Xbox 360.

You can create an app password at
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    . Sign in with your regular account email and long password, and if not already done so, enable Two Step Verification to make your account basically un-stealable. After you turned on Two Step Verification, a bit further
    down is the section to create an app password.

Use that password instead of your regular password to sign into the Xbox 360.
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Can't get password to work

I found this on that error code:

You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE:

Account does not exist.

Status Code: 8015D002

This may mean there’s a problem with your account. For example, the security information for your account may need to be updated.

Solutions

Solution 1: Did you recently sign up for two-step verification?

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security
    proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app
    password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

Sign in to your Microsoft account.

Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.

Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.

When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.

After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You will use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of your Microsoft account password.

Solution 2: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Follow these steps:

Visit Microsoft account.

Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in using your password, reset your password.

Click Edit security info.

Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.

Sign out of your Microsoft account and then sign in again.

Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

Solution 3: Delete and re-download your Xbox LIVE profile

For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

Solution 4: Clear the system cache
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

2 factor verification

The two step verification would be for adding your account to the xbox. Once you sign in and set the settings to no barriers for sign in it will automatically sign you in so you may want to go into settings and either lock it down to where you have to enter
    your password every time or enter in a passcode when signing in.

As long as you changed your password on your account and the person that "hacked" your account does not know the new password and if they still have your account on their xbox the next time they try to sign in it will ask for the new password and if they
    do not know the new password they will not have access to your account.
Thema:

1. If you change your password does it sign out people who have the xbox app and your password? - Similar Threads - change password does

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  5. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  6. Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?: The password for my Microsoft account with Outlook needs to be reset, but when I get the option to send a code to a phone number, it's a phone number I haven't used before. I tried to change it in...
  7. Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password: I have just been hacked by someone I know who bought a bunch of things using my card on my account and now whenever I change the password, it still keeps my xbox app on and says their console is...
  8. Does changing your Microsoft password sing you out of every device you've logged in,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does changing your Microsoft password sing you out of every device you've logged in,...: I sold an Xbox 360 that I don't use anymore but I forgot to remove my xbox account. Will changing my password sign out of that xbox 360 that I sold to prevent anyone from using it?...
  9. What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...: i just want to know if changing password or email do anything 9fa4ae4c-4e13-4fc3-8f1d-f79abcc03f58
  10. I can not log in. After the password screen, there is a blank screen that does not change....

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not log in. After the password screen, there is a blank screen that does not change....: Some help will be appreciated. a849009e-bc2a-4933-9d18-1b44ca1cbf70