if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?

Discus and support if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; if the hard driver of my xbox says un formatted what I do? 03f630f5-3dd7-4bfd-b9c2-e1923e6ccb95 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OctavioWayne144, Apr 2, 2018.

1. if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?

if the hard driver of my xbox says un formatted what I do?

:)

OctavioWayne144, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive

My Xbox 360 had an update and it made my hard drive unformatted and when I format it and it loads I check it and it still says unformatted. What do I do about this?

FlyingPengween, Apr 2, 2018
  3. UBADxLEGACY
    UBADxLEGACY Guest
    Hard drive keeps telling me too format?

The other day i turned on my Xbox 360 and no profiles were found, So i went to settings then memory and it says my hard drive was unformatted. So i entered my serial number and formatted my hard drive. After i did that i restarted my xbox and went back into
    memory and it still says unformatted. I repeated the formatting process mutiple times now and it still says unformatted any ideas on how to fix my hard drive???

UBADxLEGACY, Apr 2, 2018
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

if this is happening on a 360 then it could mean a hardware failure on the hdd.

Restarting the console can help or disconnecting or reconnecting the hard drive.

See this link for these and additional steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/hard-drive

If nothing fixes the issue then the only option would be to get a replacement 360 hard drive.

WPAK, Apr 2, 2018
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

if this is happening on a 360 then it could mean a hardware failure on the hdd.

Restarting the console can help or disconnecting or reconnecting the hard drive.

See this link for these and additional steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/hard-drive

If nothing fixes the issue then the only option would be to get a replacement 360 hard drive.
  6. jedi master1974 Win User

hard drive problems

hello

just formatted my hard drive and its still saying unformatted i think my hard drive is broken and needs replacing

if i buy a new hard drive or Xbox do i need a data transfer cable to transfer from hard drive to hard drive?

but at the moment there is nothing on my Xbox hard drive to transfer
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
  8. Iwan Dawson Win User

Update Failed PLEASE HELP! 3F4B Error Code

My hard-drive is in the console and i can access all the games files and apps etc. But as you said it says their is no hard-drive in the console. I dont think it says Unformatted anywhere when i go into Settings>System>Storage i cant find where is says Formatted/Unformatted
    it so im guessing it isnt unformatted.
  9. Byran125 Win User

Update Failed (with status code)

I got this same message after my XBox randomly gave me a message saying that some things may be missing or corrupt and then my XBox couldn't find my XBL account and when I checked the memory on the hard drive it said it was unformatted and I couldn't do
    anything to get my stuff back, this has made me very unhappy because I have lost just about everything from my XBox and, even after contacting XBox support and apparently fixing it, it has broken again and it says that the hard drive is unformatted.
Thema:

1. if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do? - Similar Threads - hard drive says

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  5. Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one: Error e106 after new hard drive On xbox one 4d4c522d-cbfa-4d8a-8940-95c19a5a12e7
  6. Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one hard drive: I pulled out a hard drive of an Xbox one and plugged it into my Xbox one as an external and I didn't reformat it and now my Xbox turns on and off quickly. How bad did I screw it up?...
  7. 1TB external hard drive says full but nothing on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    1TB external hard drive says full but nothing on it: I have a Seagate external hard drive that’s 1TB I barely had anything on in the first place and now it says I have 0.0 GB out of 1.8TB, when I look at what’s on it there is no apps or games on the...
  8. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...: [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67
  9. Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected: So My xbox would say that the usb connection is too weak use a different port and my usual method didnt work so I ordered a new chord once it was delivered I set up my system and it worked and...
  10. My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes...: My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes me uninstall games to install new ones d7fd1393-5050-439f-ba5c-c651edc4a3b6