If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...

Discus and support If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I made 2 Xbox accounts with the same gamertag, but I am deleting one of them. Will the account deletion remove the 4 numbers on my gamertag?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HotDoggiez, Feb 6, 2023.

1. HotDoggiez
    HotDoggiez Guest

If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...

I made 2 Xbox accounts with the same gamertag, but I am deleting one of them. Will the account deletion remove the 4 numbers on my gamertag?

:)

HotDoggiez, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have the 4 numbers at the end?

No. The numbers would still be there unless you change the gamertag.
  3. xZORIKOS Win User

Gamertag issue

Once you use a gamertag, it is no longer available for use on another account no matter what you do with the other account. Even if the entire account is deleted in hopes that you can then snag the gamertag associated with it, it wouldn't be possible. Same
    thing happened to me, I had an older account with a gamertag I wanted to use on this account; I deleted that account, and still couldn't use that gamertag on this account. I contaced Microsoft about it and they told me what I basically told you.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Gamertag delete

Hello.

I would like to know if deleting my Microsoft account will also delete the gamertag I use and if it will be available once the Microsoft account has been deleted.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes to your first question. No to the second as far as i am aware.

Someone can correct me if im wrong about that.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I want to delete my account permanently for xbox one.

You can remove your account from your console in the settings but this will not completely delete your account.

It will still remain on Microsofts servers.

If you don't sign in with that account for 5 years then the gamertag will be freed up for someone else to use
  6. PraetoriSamurai Win User

Changing Email without Email

One of my friends confirmed that we are still friends on his microsoft account. Would that still be the case if my gamertag and profile were assumed by someone else? It even has the same score. If I remember correctly, I created the account on a 360
Thema:

1. If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have... - Similar Threads - someone same gamertag

2. Can someone hack 100 accounts that's offline?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can someone hack 100 accounts that's offline?: I have 100 offline friend requests and 33 offline party invites, Is it possible that the accounts have been hacked because none of the people are online and haven't been online for days a few over...
  3. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  4. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  5. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  6. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  7. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  8. Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...: Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day (12-19-23) all in the amount of $52.42 using my checking account information. I had a Windows 365 account that I was paying...
  9. Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One...: I recently bought the digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition, which I want to play on the Xbox One which belongs to a family member. However, the other person who uses the Xbox has...
  10. Same as someone said in 2017 enfocement systeme is broken

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Same as someone said in 2017 enfocement systeme is broken: Frist off all sorry for bad English not native The enforcement systeme is broken as hell Xbox need to worck on it cus fake acusation is frustrating. I give some context here Im minding my...