If my Series X that's set to turn my TV on automatically would turn my tv on automatically,...

Discus and support If my Series X that's set to turn my TV on automatically would turn my tv on automatically,... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X that magically turns my TV and receiver on and controls the volume; when I had cable it also controlled the cable box. When I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SaltyPotter, Jan 15, 2021.

1. If my Series X that's set to turn my TV on automatically would turn my tv on automatically,...

I have an Xbox One X that magically turns my TV and receiver on and controls the volume; when I had cable it also controlled the cable box. When I moved and didn't feel like setting up my Dolby Atmos speakers so I got rid of my receiver, the One X had no problem controlling the volume through the TV instead.

I have an Xbox Series X configured to do the same. The volume control never works and a hard reset is required after every update for the power control work. I haven't tried it with a receiver, but I expect that would be a waste of time.

I realize that the Series X uses CEC for device control and the One X probable uses an IR blaster. I realize that the Series X has a lot of highly advanced and expensive stuff inside and the addition of an IR Blaster might add a nickel or two to the build cost. But sometimes new or different isn't an upgrade and you should use technology that actually works and costs a few pennies more.

You guys managed to find space for an IR receiver in the Series X and adding an IR blaster was too much of a puzzle for you? The IR receiver is useless. None of the functions it's meant to control actually work because they're all retransmitted over CEC, which has never worked properly in all the days that HDMI has existed.

You could have saved a few pennies more by leaving the useless IR receiver out as well. As it stands I have to use my TV remote to control everything I used to use my Xbox media remote for anyway.

submitted by /u/SaltyPotter
    [link] [comments]

/u/SaltyPotter, Jan 15, 2021
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

how do you turn off game mode on xbox one x

The mode you are referring to is going to be on the television or monitor. I have my Xbox set to control the TV so when I turn on the Xbox it will turn the TV on automatically to the right setting and mode.
  3. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox One Randomly Turns On

Is the Xbox turning on at the same time that you are turning on your TV or switching inputs on your TV? My Samsung TV switches on my Xbox automatically.
  4. Ackis Win User

X box one x broblem

There's an option for the Xbox to automatically turn on/off the TV when it's turned on/off.

Take a look here:

https://pureinfotech.com/setup-xbox-one-automatically-turn-on-tv-audio-receiver/

It's under Settings -> All Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Device Control.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

How to turn on my TV automatically by turning on my xbox

Hello Ks4lyphe, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

o turn on your TV automatically when you turn on your Xbox using the CEC option, you can follow these steps

To turn on your TV automatically when you turn on your Xbox using the CEC option, you can follow these steps

Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn on your console.

Go to Profile and system.

Select Settings.

Go to Generals.

Select TV and display options.

Select Device Control.

Enable HDMI-CEC

If you've already enabled CEC in your TV settings and you're still having issues, it could be that your TV doesn't fully support Xbox's HDMI-CEC feature.

In that case, I would recommend that you contact Xbox support for additional assistance, remember that I am a gamer just like you with a little more experience in the field of Software and Hardware.
  6. GoldCGGaming Win User

Best Xbox X gaming monitor?

I have a insignia 4k TV and it automatically recognized that it was 4k and set the TV to 4k when I turn the console on.
Thema:

If my Series X that's set to turn my TV on automatically would turn my tv on automatically,...

1. If my Series X that's set to turn my TV on automatically would turn my tv on automatically,... - Similar Threads - Series that's set

2. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  3. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  4. Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....: XBOX SERIES X -UNSUPPORTED MODE STUCK ON SCREEN. CANT GET XBOX MENU TO COME UP. PLEASE HELP ITS STUCK 69f39e34-6d04-4bad-a076-9758beac45ac
  5. Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings: Why won't anything load on my Xbox series S not even settings. cb33fe2b-c145-46a1-ae30-9489e942a2fe
  6. I don’t have all the settings on my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don’t have all the settings on my series S: Everything is telling me to go to my guide and then profile but I don’t have it. 2e14cde6-2ea0-48c2-8bd2-cefde3528322
  7. Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?: So recently I reopened my garage and found my old rock band stuff. I tried to plug it directly into my Xbox Series X to play Fortnite Festival, but it wasn’t getting any inputs. I know they work...
  8. Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x: Everyone claims all the main set tings have to change from automatic to manual like dns and a bunch of other stuff and I just needed some clarity 12455621-0bd1-446a-85fd-406397b04f50
  9. My xbox series x is set to 120hz but my monitor only works on 60hz how can i fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series x is set to 120hz but my monitor only works on 60hz how can i fix it: I cant set it back because i camt see the screen pretty self explaining dc891794-c922-43ab-aaa0-7ea5e0ed1111
  10. Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...: So I was going to update my xbox last night to get the update that fixed the save issue in Baldur's Gate 3 and noticed when I go to check update status that it shows English United Kingdom...