If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i...

Discus and support If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I just need to know if i deleted a conversation using the xbox app if it’ll delete off my xbox. 012d8ac5-c224-427c-918b-cb4d4640ad3a Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TunnyTR, Jan 15, 2023.

1. TunnyTR
    TunnyTR Guest

If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i...

I just need to know if i deleted a conversation using the xbox app if it’ll delete off my xbox.

:)

TunnyTR, Jan 15, 2023
  2. TunnyTR Win User

If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i delete a message on my phone using my phone, does it also delete off my xbox?

So if i go to my xbox app, and go to social and go to chats then delete them all from my phone, i should be able to see them when i go on my xbox? Also my xbox has been offline for a bit. The reason im asking is bc my console is getting update by one of my friend (my console hasnt been online and is getting update now) and i dont want them to be able to read some the messages!
  3. Ronnieee Win User

If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i delete a message on my phone using my phone, does it also delete off my xbox?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about deleting messages in different devices.

Actually, both devices are connected to your account so what ever messages you send from your phone through the Xbox app to your friend, you will be able to view that as well on the Xbox console. If you delete this using the Xbox app on your phone, this will also be deleted on the console messages.

So yes, what you are saying can happen.
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Yes, and yes.

The Xbox itself, Xbox app on mobile, and Xbox app on PC are all connected in terms of messaging, so sending/deleting a message on one of those platforms affects what you see on all of the others.
  5. KingDeath41 Win User

Can't add my friend on xbox one and she can't add me

it show she on my fravoiters but she does not show up on the list and we tried to send each other messages and she does not get them and i dont get hers and i have tried the website and the app to message her.
  6. Beardo_Seattle Win User

Xbox One Messaging Showing 1 Unread when there are no messages.

I too am having this problem. My Xbox one as well as the desktop and phone apps all show that there is a pending message but nothing shows up in the inbox. I tried sending myself a message to reset the count but it didn't work. Still showing one unread message
    but there is nothing to read or delete. For an OCD guy like me this is kind of annoying. Microsoft please provide some guidance for how to fix this. Thanks.
Thema:

1. If i send a message on my phone using the xbox app, does it show up on my xbox? And if i... - Similar Threads - send message phone

2. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  3. Lfg send message fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lfg send message fix?: When trying to request an invite for someone’s looking for group post it doesn’t let me send a message to let them know I’m interested 3d4020ee-65cd-49fa-ad48-fafa016e0c69
  4. Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.: I have a server I’m running with multiple people, to stay in touch with everyone and allow them to talk to each other easily I have a group message set up through Xbox messages. Everything was...
  5. Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...: Myself and kids are often sent racist messages online. Nothing ever gets sorted. Wondering whether going to the media may help bring this to peoples attention. Microsoft don't seem keen to help....
  6. If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...: So I sent a message to someone that I know on Xbox app but I was just wondering if they don't have the Xbox app will it still pop up to them in some kind of way when they play a game that is...
  7. We cannot send a text message to this number.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We cannot send a text message to this number.: I am trying to unlock my child account, this was created yesterday and only setup on Xbox so I am not sure what it is blocked for. I have tried multiple phone numbers but have had no luck....
  8. Due to suspension you cannot send any messages

in XBoX Accessibility
    Due to suspension you cannot send any messages: i get this message every time i try and message someone, is it permanent? can i not message people on xbox anymore? if so is there any reason to lift it For context, my family is in town for the...
  9. How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...: I want to get my kid a xbox again but don't like that they can private message in private chat so we can't see any suggestions help. Thanks 2a3ebfb4-e715-4baf-bc86-34805dc01d16
  10. Is it possible to send a message on Xbox over your phone

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to send a message on Xbox over your phone: I'm trying to see if I can send a message to my friend on Xbox but I'm not at my console af1cd690-c61f-4067-a792-38dd332267c8