If I purchase a game which has a discount for Xbox Gold, can I still play the game if I...

Discus and support If I purchase a game which has a discount for Xbox Gold, can I still play the game if I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A game has a hefty discount for Gold members. If i subscribe for Gold membership for one month and purchase the game for the discounted price, can I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlueLions27, Feb 19, 2023.

1. BlueLions27
    BlueLions27 Guest

If I purchase a game which has a discount for Xbox Gold, can I still play the game if I...

A game has a hefty discount for Gold members. If i subscribe for Gold membership for one month and purchase the game for the discounted price, can I still play the game the next month without the Gold membership ?

:)

BlueLions27, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If I purchase a game which has a discount for Xbox Gold, can I still play the game if I cancel my Gold subscription ?

Yes. Anything you actually pay for is yours to keep regardless of subscription.
  3. ΚΥΡΙΑΚΟΣ Β Win User

Xbox Live Gold membership does not being recognized in 360 Xbox games market

Yes, I am trying to purchase Dante’s. I can see the title in the gold section. I am then directed to the XBOX360 games marketplace. I can see the title there, where it is showing that it is free for gold members. But when I am trying to purchase it, it
    charges me 19,99.

Again, when I go to the section Games, Deals with Gold, I am trying to by the series “The Raven”. I can see the games in the market with discount for gold members. But when I am trying to purchase them, I am not getting the discount.

Of course, I always connect with the Microsoft client account where I have the gold membership. Which is working fine when I connect to buy XBOX ONE games, where I got the free games with gold and the discounts for Xbox One, Deals with Gold.

Thank you
  4. Rafael Galvan1 Win User

Xbox game pass ultimate not working xbox live gold

Same thing from me yesterday. I guess I will lose the gold discount for Spec Ops: The Line
    I've lost a discount too but in the chat they "made" the purchase for me with the respective discount and charged me only the promotional price of the game. They billed my credit card automatically. They can do it for you too so you don't loose the discount.

Update: I've contacted support again via chat and they cancelled my subscription and reactivate it. It's the second time they did this and now IT'S WORKING. The person at the chat told me that since yesterday, doing this method helped all te users so i recommend everyone with this problem to contact the suppor via chat.

Now i can buy the games with gold discount and claim the games with gold.

Update 2: I noticed that now the Game Pass discounts on games are not applying. The Live Gold discounts are working but the Game Pass discounts aren't. I still can play game pass games and play on the cloud, but the discounts are broken.
  5. Rafael Galvan1 Win User

Xbox Gold benefits not working while I have Game Pass Ultimate

Same problem here. First i tried claim the games with gold and didn't worked. Tried support via chat and they addded the game on my library. Then i tried buy one game with the Deals with Gold discount and not worked. Contacted support again today and they "made" the purchase for me with the respective discount and charged me only the promotional price of the game.

It's really annoying. The Live Gold subscription is not working about a month now. My case is still open with microsoft and i encourage everyone who is trying to buy games with discount to reach support via chat and request the game with the promotional price.
    Update: I've contacted support again via chat and they cancelled my subscription and reactivate it. It's the second time they did this and now IT'S WORKING. The person at the chat told me that since yesterday, doing this method helped all te users so i recommend everyone with this problem to contact the suppor via chat.

Now i can buy the games with gold discount and claim the games with gold.

Update 2: I noticed that now the Game Pass discounts on games are not applying. The Live Gold discounts are working but the Game Pass discounts aren't. I still can play game pass games and play on the cloud, but the discounts are broken.
  6. ПавелБотев Win User

Xbox Live Gold 14 Day Trial

Can I purchase games with Gold discounts, though?
Thema:

1. If I purchase a game which has a discount for Xbox Gold, can I still play the game if I... - Similar Threads - purchase game has

2. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  3. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  4. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  5. I have purchased but nothing has been added to my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased but nothing has been added to my game: Hello, I have bought tnt pack twice for minecraft game (deducted from my account balance) but nothing has been added to my game. 714c2858-a36b-4621-b33e-dd38b832b004
  6. If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...: I am looking at purchasing a game I am wondering if I purchase on my console can my son use the same purchase on his 0f24f262-0583-48b8-aed1-73e250c549ff
  7. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  8. Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...: I purchased DBD and Minecraft for my friend. I purchased them on the PC Xbox App for a friend with an Xbox 1. I selected the option to gift to a friends using console. My friend has used the 2...
  9. How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...: There must be some security?!! Or even how do i put a time restriction on the adult?! Please help 0b5d14da-18c4-4e9f-838c-57db0a1d8cf6
  10. I purchased a game that Microsoft has now currently delisted… WHERES MY MONEY?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a game that Microsoft has now currently delisted… WHERES MY MONEY?!: I purchased a game that Microsoft has now currently delisted… WHERES MY MONEY?!… How u gonna take away something I paid for and now reimburse or redeem any value the customer has spent...