If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

Discus and support If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game? Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dazed and Confused 2024, Jan 13, 2024.

1. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game?

Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already is attempting to play the game (even if there is different profile used).

Both profiles are linked to the same account.

Ideally would love to play the game (Age of Empires 2) with my son him on the Xbox and me on the PC

:)

Dazed and Confused 2024, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Pringlesoes Win User

Xbox Game pass doesn't work

Yes it is the latest windows update and i am logged on Xbox (beta) with the same account, and i don't have an Xbox i only bought the PC only subscription because i do not own Xbox, i just wanna play the games on the subscription and try it out
  3. Ronnieee Win User

If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I have to buy Halo Mcc Again on pc?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about MCC.

Actually, this game is sold separately for PC users and it is not part of play anywhere games in which you would have to buy it on PC as well even if you owned it on Xbox.

Only play anywhere games can be playable on both devices if you own the license on either of the devices.

You can check more information here about play anywhere games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

But you can play the game on PC without buying it if you have game pass subscription though.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I have to buy Halo Mcc Again on pc?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about MCC.

Actually, this game is sold separately for PC users and it is not part of play anywhere games in which you would have to buy it on PC as well even if you owned it on Xbox.

Only play anywhere games can be playable on both devices if you own the license on either of the devices.

You can check more information here about play anywhere games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

But you can play the game on PC without buying it if you have game pass subscription though.
  5. RJ1620 Win User

XBOX Gamepass for PC -- Multiple users

I understand that. If we each have own own individual Gamepass subscriptions, can they play the games I have downloaded? I don't want to have 3 copies of the same game on my hard drive.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Products of Microsoft

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It would be Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. It includes Xbox Live Gold subscription, Game Pass for Console, PC Game Pass, and EA play.

Xbox Live Gold subscription - Subscription required to play online.

Game Pass for Console - Library of games that you can all play (hundreds of games)

PC Game Pass - Same as Game Pass for Console but for PC.

EA Play - Library of EA games that you can also access.

On top of this is free games every month. Perks such as Discord nitro subscription, apple music, disney+ subscription, etc but will still depend.
Thema:

If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

1. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game? - Similar Threads - own game Subscription

2. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  3. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?: I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox)...
  4. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  5. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  6. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  7. Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service: Hello, I've been getting this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service" yet I have gamepass Ultimate and have had it for years. it will let me...
  8. if i own minecraft from the xbox game pass and my subscription ends and i have the disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i own minecraft from the xbox game pass and my subscription ends and i have the disc...: so i have a disc version of minecraft and i have subscribed to xbox game pass for console back around august and i since my subscription is ending and i wouldn't be able to play since my...
  9. I am still experiencing a subscription popup for game pass on a game I own on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am still experiencing a subscription popup for game pass on a game I own on my Xbox...: This game came with The Pre order of Life is strange Remastered Ultimate edition., all the games launch correctly except for Life is Strange Remastered, it still having a popup screen asking me to...
  10. Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...: I bought Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition and when I try to play Sea of Thieves it asks me to choose a Gamepass subscription plan even though I own the game. If I decline buying a subscription Sea of...