If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

Discus and support If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game? Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dazed and Confused 2024, Jan 13, 2024.

1. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game?

Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already is attempting to play the game (even if there is different profile used).

Both profiles are linked to the same account.

Ideally would love to play the game (Age of Empires 2) with my son him on the Xbox and me on the PC

:)

Dazed and Confused 2024, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Pringlesoes Win User

Xbox Game pass doesn't work

Yes it is the latest windows update and i am logged on Xbox (beta) with the same account, and i don't have an Xbox i only bought the PC only subscription because i do not own Xbox, i just wanna play the games on the subscription and try it out
  3. Ronnieee Win User

If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I have to buy Halo Mcc Again on pc?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about MCC.

Actually, this game is sold separately for PC users and it is not part of play anywhere games in which you would have to buy it on PC as well even if you owned it on Xbox.

Only play anywhere games can be playable on both devices if you own the license on either of the devices.

You can check more information here about play anywhere games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

But you can play the game on PC without buying it if you have game pass subscription though.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

If I buy and own Halo Mcc on Xbox. And my Microsoft and steam accounts are linked. Do I have to buy Halo Mcc Again on pc?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about MCC.

Actually, this game is sold separately for PC users and it is not part of play anywhere games in which you would have to buy it on PC as well even if you owned it on Xbox.

Only play anywhere games can be playable on both devices if you own the license on either of the devices.

You can check more information here about play anywhere games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

But you can play the game on PC without buying it if you have game pass subscription though.
  5. RJ1620 Win User

XBOX Gamepass for PC -- Multiple users

I understand that. If we each have own own individual Gamepass subscriptions, can they play the games I have downloaded? I don't want to have 3 copies of the same game on my hard drive.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Can I play Coop with my brother with Game Pass Ultimate on PC?

Hi there HXH360, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Yes, with Game Pass Ultimate, you can play cooperative games with your brother on PC. Each of you can use your own account on separate PCs to play together, but your brother must also have the same game purchased or through his own Game Pass subscription. As long as the game supports online multiplayer or cooperative play, you should be able to play it together.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

1. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game? - Similar Threads - own game Subscription

2. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  3. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  4. xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game...: xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game pass ultimate. It is giving me the 250 that everyone gets but not the additional 250 for owning game pass...
  5. I don't own the game anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't own the game anymore?: I reset my Xbox one because it wouldn't let me sign in and only give me a white screen. But now that it's fixed it won't let me play assassin's creed unity or black flag or really any of my games...
  6. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  7. Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service: Hello, I've been getting this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service" yet I have gamepass Ultimate and have had it for years. it will let me...
  8. if i own minecraft from the xbox game pass and my subscription ends and i have the disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i own minecraft from the xbox game pass and my subscription ends and i have the disc...: so i have a disc version of minecraft and i have subscribed to xbox game pass for console back around august and i since my subscription is ending and i wouldn't be able to play since my...
  9. I am still experiencing a subscription popup for game pass on a game I own on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am still experiencing a subscription popup for game pass on a game I own on my Xbox...: This game came with The Pre order of Life is strange Remastered Ultimate edition., all the games launch correctly except for Life is Strange Remastered, it still having a popup screen asking me to...
  10. Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...: I bought Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition and when I try to play Sea of Thieves it asks me to choose a Gamepass subscription plan even though I own the game. If I decline buying a subscription Sea of...