If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to...

Discus and support If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got a 4 day ban for and I quote Xbox " telling someone to commit self harm" and it is my first ban. Can I appeal it rather than having to wait out 4... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Justin Clark1, Dec 4, 2022.

1. If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to...

I got a 4 day ban for and I quote Xbox " telling someone to commit self harm" and it is my first ban. Can I appeal it rather than having to wait out 4 days because if I have to wait 4 days to be able to chat with my Xbox buddies again I won't touch my console at all until it's up? I don't see any option to appeal but I did when I first loaded up the enforcement page and I did it but nothing happened

:)

Justin Clark1, Dec 4, 2022
  2. CRz NoroCos Win User

Got wrongfully suspended

but I wasn't telling him to "KYS" or commit self harm I was saying kiss your self, the fact that your team misinterpreted that is not my fault, I could understand if it was just KYS with nothing after that but it's not, I literally said what I meant, the
    stupidity here is unreal
  3. Justin Clark1 Win User

If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to them camping in a game how long until I will get a response or is it already decided as it's up under review?

This is what will be the end of Xbox is all these bans a first offense and I have to wait 4 DAYS to get back on with my buddies? You tell me that's not at least a little overkill. I have never received a ban until now so why couldn't they do 14 hours? I know Xbox is capable of doing that because I read another Ambassador's post about bans already. So why didn't they start with a 14 hour ban since it's my first offense?
  4. Justin Clark1 Win User

If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to them camping in a game how long until I will get a response or is it already decided as it's up under review?

The option for appeal was not there so do I just have to wait out 4 days? if so I just won't play Xbox at all for the time being because if that's how it's going to be on my first ban and I can't even get it reduced to like one day or two then that's ridiculous
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

I'm sorry about the situation, Justin
  6. Nursemorph Win User

The option for appeal was not there so do I just have to wait out 4 days? if so I just won't play Xbox at all for the time being because if that's how it's going to be on my first ban and I can't even get it reduced to like one day or two then that's ridiculous
    Not sure how it's ridiculous? It's one thing to trash talk and swear at someone...it's totally different when you are telling someone to go harm themselves. Xbox is for everyone so you could have been telling that to a child.

The length of the ban is determined by the severity of the offense rather than just being a standard first offense punishment...actively telling someone to go harm themselves is, quit correctly, considered much worse than swearing and calling people names and whatnot and so the punishment is more severe.
Thema:

If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to...

1. If I got comm banned for telling someone to go and I quote Xbox "commit self harm" due to... - Similar Threads - got comm banned

2. Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i the one who got punished (comm banned) when a very toxic harassing player did not.: I was punished for his very toxic harassing behavior to me and my team saying a bunch of slurs and dumb typical trash talk stuff. He then messages me making fun of me, calling me, trash and...
  3. My terraria is not working after I got comms banned could you help me play multiplayer on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My terraria is not working after I got comms banned could you help me play multiplayer on...: My terraria won’t work since I got unbanned on comms and because you can’t play terraria multiplayer when your comms banned my terraria still thinks I’m banned and won’t let people join my game...
  4. Got comm banned for something I already served

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Got comm banned for something I already served: I was playing my game i tried sending my friend a msg realized i was comm banned when i check said was lfg post i didn’t post any lfg says i was comm banned for posting lfg but already served a...
  5. I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge: Ok so my other friend reported my friend because he got mad and sent profanity to us he got comm banned but he was angry at the ban so he goes and reports a few month old message(I know cause it...
  6. i got comm banned while i was playing with my wife how to get it removed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got comm banned while i was playing with my wife how to get it removed: i got comm banned while i was playing with my wife how to get it removed 18c5f6a4-3cb7-4729-959a-c765a499f1ff
  7. So I just got a comm ban yesterday...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I just got a comm ban yesterday...: So I got a comm. ban yesterday, for remarking on how the person played, on dead by daylight, as killer I said it in a message because dead by daylight has NO IN GAME CHAT ON CONSOLE, and I don't...
  8. Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...: So my kids play dead by daylight and i see a bunch of comments in my inbox saying "Reported for camping ***!" and i just chalk it up to salty players. I have heard the DBD community is pretty...
  9. Got false comm ban for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got false comm ban for no reason: I have contacted the enforcement team and they say that oh we're sorry your going to have to wait it out even though it was a false ban the Xbox enforcement team needs to get better at their job....
  10. Got 14 day comm. Ban for profanity.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got 14 day comm. Ban for profanity.: hello, early thus morning I received a 14 day communication suspension for profanity. The person who reported me was harassing me and my friend playing GTA5 and using profanity at us in chat. Once...