If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well?

Discus and support If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well? 04dd4493-444d-4c83-bd59-a0c177af7791 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DannyPatrick, Aug 26, 2022.

1. DannyPatrick
    DannyPatrick Guest

If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well?

:)

DannyPatrick, Aug 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Danny Patrick

Yes, the change is reflected everywhere

But keep in mind that two gamertag systems exists. When you change it, depending on the chosen gamertag you can see a suffix next to the name.

Some games doesn't support the new gamertag system. So they're going to use the gamertag with the suffix
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox Gamertag Change/Availability

If I change my gamertag, will that gamertag go back into the pool for usable gamertags for other users?
    Yes it will but it takes years from what ive seen and with the new system it might be faster
  4. Strange Brewtal Win User

Downloading Profile Problems

I'm getting error code 80151006. This happened when I changed my gamertag on my new 360. My old gamertag and profile downloaded just fine on the new console but now that I changed it I can't download it. I've also tried to download my profile with my new
    gamertag on my old console, it also will not download and I get the same error code.
  5. Rostom L Win User

I ended up getting 2 gamertags.

6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Misspelled tag only in games

Well, I've seen this happened before, it shows two gamertags. But this happened (in the case I once saw) after a change from ine gamertag to another, like some kind of glitch that held the former gamertag and alse the new one! Don't know exactly why it happens. I'm looking into it right now to see if I come across any possible fix.
Thema:

1. If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well? - Similar Threads - change gamertag web

2. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  3. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  4. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  5. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  6. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  7. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  8. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  9. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...
  10. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639