If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy...

Discus and support If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I were to buy a new console and made my new personal Gmail my primary email, will I still have access to games I bought when I sign into the new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DathiTheOrang, Mar 26, 2023.

1. If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy...

If I were to buy a new console and made my new personal Gmail my primary email, will I still have access to games I bought when I sign into the new console?

:)

DathiTheOrang, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy a new console?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, will you be changing the primary email alias of your current Microsoft account? If yes, then you’ll still have your games because the license for digital games are linked to our Microsoft account itself.

According to Xbox Support:

“Concerned about your licences? Don’t worry—if you change your account alias, or remove an alias and then add a new one, all licences linked to your Microsoft account will remain with your account.”

Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Meadowstyle Win User

2 Gamertags, 1 Live ID

No news from security department yet, so I changed my email address via Live.com. Oops. The console still has the old email address and no longer recognizes the password. I still have access to my games and such... but for how long?
  4. Meadowstyle Win User

One LIVE account, two gamertags, three hours on the phone, four-um might have a solution?

No news from security department yet, so I changed my email address via Live.com. Oops. The console still has the old email address and no longer recognizes the password. I still have access to my games and such... but for how long? Can't change the WLID
    address on the console.

Yep, looks like only the security department can untangle this one.
  5. EliMora Win User

Email was changed without notice

I still remember buying games that were on sale thru the xbox store. I bought a couple of them and got the confirmation for the games I bought. Didn't get no other email.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

Hello

How are you trying to change the email address? You can only change the primary email address associated with the account. You will need to add the new one first as a secondary account. Then switch it to the primary one.
Thema:

If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy...

1. If I change my email address, will the games I bought still be accessable if I were to buy... - Similar Threads - change email address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  4. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  5. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...