If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that...

Discus and support If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There is some Minecraft content that I bought from the Minecraft store on Google Play before minecoins were added, can the content be transferred to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Examinedcat669, Nov 29, 2020.

1. If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that...

There is some Minecraft content that I bought from the Minecraft store on Google Play before minecoins were added, can the content be transferred to my Xbox account so I can use the content on all devices with my Xbox account?

:)

Examinedcat669, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Tomm_A Win User

mine coins

Hello Darcy,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to Minecoins. Let us help you by providing the needed information for your concern.

Minecoins are a type of currency that you can use to buy content from the Minecraft Marketplace, such as skin packs, texture packs, worlds, and mash-up packs. There are different ways to get help with minecoins, depending on what kind of issue you have. Here are some common scenarios and solutions:

If you want to know how to get minecoins, you can either buy them with real money from the Minecraft Marketplace or earn them for free by completing quests, redeeming promotions, taking surveys, or checking for giveaways.

If you have a problem with your minecoin balance, such as not receiving minecoins after a purchase or losing minecoins after a refund, you can contact Minecraft Customer Service at the Minecraft Help Center and submit a request. Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

If you have a question or feedback about the content you bought with minecoins, such as how to use it, how to rate it, or how to report it, you can visit the Minecraft Marketplace FAQ for more information. See: Minecraft Marketplace FAQ | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. OgreRha Win User

If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that content be transferred to my Xbox account so I can use it on my other devices?

This has come up before in the forums and I dont think there was a response here other than no it cant be transferred but I would still go suss out a Minecraft forum or two see if anyone else has had the same Q,

Hope this helps a bit

Your Pal
  4. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft Purchases

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?

Yes, purchases are linked to your account.

You can discover and purchase new avatar skins, textures, and worlds made by creators in the Minecraft community directly in-game. With Minecraft Marketplace, we've made it safer and easier to purchase community-made content for Minecraft. Buy content once and enjoy it on any device running Minecraft except for Minecraft: Java Edition.

Available for purchase in the game store, Minecoins or Tokens let you buy content from creators in the Minecraft Marketplace, which is safer and more secure. Minecoins/Tokens are kept in your virtual wallet and can be used across devices when you’re signed in to Xbox Live. Minecoins are used on most Bedrock versions of the game while Tokens are the Minecoin equivalent on PlayStation consoles.

With your free Xbox Live player profile, each purchase you make is also tied to your account. Your purchased content does not expire, it’s yours to keep. You can play with friends and show off your marketplace maps and skins!

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Buying coins for Minecraft

Hi GingerSnark,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. Although Minecoins are purchased through the in-game Minecraft Marketplace, not the Microsoft Store, I'd be happy to help find the best information to help you out.

I found the
    Minecraft Marketplace FAQ
    that has plenty of information about common issues with purchasing Minecoins or the content that you buy with the Minecoins.

We would need more information on the error and what device in order to provide any other information that might be helpful.
  6. Tom Holman1 Win User

Bought a New World (Huge TNT) on Minecraft using coins - now cannot open as it says it's locked and I have to repurchase?!

Just to clarify is it either

1: You have purchased but are unable to download the content?

or

2: After purchase, the button didn't turn into a "Download Content" button and is asking you to purchase again?

To confirm that it registered a purchase of the content you can check if it is in "My Content"

From the Marketplace, got to the left sidebar icons (not 100% what it looks like on switch) and at the bottom, there is an icon that looks like a bookcase. This is the "My Content" tab. Search for it in there, if it is there, then when clicking see if it allows you to download the content.

I'll give my best answer for both 1 and 2 above.

1: There have been some issues with being able to download content, There has been a bug raised in the following link with a note from Mojang on how to try to fix it, also with specific instructions for the Switch. - https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-54531

2: This would seem odd if after clicking purchase it didn't offer a download, or if you cannot find it in the "My Content" library.

After looking through a few pages on Minecraft's support links, I would say it would be Minecraft Support who you need to contact again.

In the refund policy, it states for purchases of Minecoins you need to go to the "application store where the purchase was made", however, your issue wasn't with the purchase of Minecoins, it was with redeeming the content with Minecoins. They are separate, you purchase Minecoins, then you redeem content with the Minecoins.

On the Minecraft Marketplace Issues and Missing Content FAQ page, along with some advice on popular issues, it does say at the bottom of the page, "If you find something broken or otherwise bothersome in an item you purchased from the Marketplace" then contact Minecraft Support. So if contacting them again, to help prevent them from turning you away, just clarify it is an issue with redeeming content, not the purchase of Minecoins itself.

Mojang Studios Refund Policy - https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360030463592-Mojang-Studios-Refund-Policy

Minecraft Marketplace Issues and Missing Content FAQ - https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/9058526334093-Minecraft-Marketplace-Issues-and-Missing-Content-FAQ

Just to note, the Marketplace Partner that created the content would have no access to support on any download issues, we publish content onto the Marketplace, but do not have control of the store itself. If it was an issue within the downloaded map, such as a bug, then the creator would need to fix it.
Thema:

If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that...

1. If I bought a Minecraft Marketplace content before minecoins were introduced, can that... - Similar Threads - bought Minecraft Marketplace

2. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  5. Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...: I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and apply them to the newer version of Minecraft or does it not transfer over 7619fa2a-8271-4d5a-bf3f-3721c680b13f
  6. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  7. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  8. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  9. I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...: I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360, and I get error code 03-57-00, what do I do? Comentarios 4ad02f52-ba3b-4d89-9388-4eee0b89f68a
  10. All the new stuff disappeared from a world I bought on the minecraft marketplace.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All the new stuff disappeared from a world I bought on the minecraft marketplace.: I play minecraft on the switch. We bought a world (survival expansion from Kubo Studios I think it's called) we played it due a few days. It was actually really cool. Today I tried to load it up...