If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check...

Discus and support If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to rearrange storage of a game’s add-ons between drives. When I go to the game in the Xbox app, it says the game takes up storage in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SierraSixZero, Dec 1, 2022.

1. If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check...

I want to rearrange storage of a game’s add-ons between drives. When I go to the game in the Xbox app, it says the game takes up storage in the XboxGames file. When I go to the file in file explorer, it is empty. Why is this, and how to I fix it or work around it?

:)

SierraSixZero, Dec 1, 2022
  2. SierraSixZero Win User

If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check file explorer?

On the folder in question, there is a folder called "Windows" and a folder called "Apps", but neither seem to host the game I am looking for, and there is no folder called "WindowsApps". I do have two drives, and on the other one, there is a folder called XboxGames, and it has one of my games in it as it should. Interestingly enough, it should have more than just that one, but they too are nowhere to be found on that drive. So, multiple games are hidden across both drives. The drive I am interested in (the one with the completely empty folder) only has one game on it, and I am trying to find its files to move some of them to create space on that drive. I hope to keep the core files on the SSD that it is currently on, and move the add-on files to the HDD (the drive that has multiple games on it but only displays one of them under XboxGames).
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check file explorer?

I found something that could help you:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar...

“ MOVING THE PACKAGES INSTALLATION FOLDER TO A NEW DRIVE

“After moving the packages installation folder to a new drive, update the UserCfg.opt file. Failure to do so will result in having to redownload the packages every time you launch the simulation.”

Another option is follow SephironV response from here:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-ins...

If maybe the tutorials are not very clear for you the best option for this specific question is open a thread on the dedicated flight simulator forums
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra information, one more question. What game is this?

In the meantime, may I know if you already tried moving the game via Windows settings?

I ask this because its the best way to move your games and apps between drives.

If maybe you need to know how to do it:

Go to Windows settings > apps > apps and features > once you find the desired game click on the there little vertical dots next to the game size > click on "move"
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That’s interesting
    May I know if you have a folder called WindowsApps in that drive?

If yes, are you able to see the folders?

Or, if you have different drives created or connected to your PC, please check on each one

By the way, may I know what are you trying to do?
    I mean, why do you want to access to the folders?
  6. SierraSixZero Win User

I may have to go to the MSFS forums, because it looks like the tutorials you sent are for the Steam and Microsoft Store versions of the game, and my version is from the Xbox App on PC. Unless the versions from the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store are the same?
Thema:

If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check...

1. If games say they are stored in the XboxGames file, why is that file empty when I check... - Similar Threads - games are stored

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  4. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  5. Free online for games bought in Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Free online for games bought in Microsoft store: Multiplayer, in some games, is about 30 to 50% of the content and besides the game itself, you have to pay for the subscription in order to get the online access. In my opinion, it's not a really...
  6. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  7. Can't watch Xbox store game trailers for more than one minute without freezing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't watch Xbox store game trailers for more than one minute without freezing.: Last thread was locked and I couldn't reply. Issue had Not been fixed. Please fix the streaming of trailers so they don't freeze at 1min mark. Other game consoles I have no issues. Multiple people...
  8. Is all Xbox in-game data stored in the cloud?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is all Xbox in-game data stored in the cloud?: My external hard drive was accidentally formatted and I am trying to uncover whether my in-gane data has been saved or if it has all been lost. I play on Xbox series X and it was a Seagate...
  9. How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?: I recently purchased the Crucial X6 4TB external storage SSD as I am running out of internal storage. I have an external HDD, but it seems fewer and fewer games are able to be stored on that...
  10. One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing: One of my games (Ark survival evolved) wich I downloaded from the windows store keeps dissapearing, and by dissapearing I mean it doesn't apear in my library, and when i search for it in the...