If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be ...

Discus and support If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This a rather bizzare matter, allow me to explain In the time 7 months, I have gone through 3 Xboxs. 1st Xbox: Gave it to my brother. 2nd Xbox: sold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Linxxe, May 27, 2015.

1. Linxxe
    Linxxe Guest

If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be ...

This a rather bizzare matter, allow me to explain

In the time 7 months, I have gone through 3 Xboxs. 1st Xbox: Gave it to my brother. 2nd Xbox: sold it to a friend, he need one cheap and quick, I'm nice like that =). 3rd Xbox, Broke, spilt water on it. I'm now on my fourth and when I go to put,'My Xbox
    Home' it say,'Limit of 3 per year'. I understand this and just wandered, if I go onto my 3rd Xbox and get it repaird, if possible, could I put,'This is not my home Xbox' and then go onto my fourth xbox and put,'This is my home Xbox' will it work? Needed to
    know before I pay Thanks !

:)

Linxxe, May 27, 2015
  2. NO INTERNET. CAN'T PLAY ARCADE OR GAMES WITH DLC.

There is a limit to how many license transfers you can do, I think around 1-2 transfers are safe but the rest will need your main account to be connected to the internet to verify that it is actually you.

LibelousCone54, May 27, 2015
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    License transfer (New account, same xbox)

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. License transfers are only used to transfer licenses between console if you were to get a new console.

You can try redownloading the DLC to see if that allowed you to access it on the new account, but the game saves would still be tied to your original account.

Smwutches, May 28, 2015
  4. If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be ...

Since you've already used it 3 times you won't be able to, you'll just be prompted with the message that's you've already changed it 3 times. It might be best to call support and ask if they might be able to reset it in your case

support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

FearedNightmare, May 28, 2015
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Network game transfer

Hi there,

The network transfer is for copying games from one console to another on the same network so a user doesn't have to redownload the game from the internet again. Handy if a user has a limit to how much data they can download in one month.

The home console/game purchase settings still apply - any user on the purchasing account's home console can play the game.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be moved?

Since you've already used it 3 times you won't be able to, you'll just be prompted with the message that's you've already changed it 3 times. It might be best to call support and ask if they might be able to reset it in your case

support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false
  7. Smwutches Win User

How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?

Since you're not the actual owner of the other account, it would be best for you not to use it and to delete it. If that account has the console set as its Home console you can still access the games from your account, but nothing can be transferred between
    accounts and ownership of the games cannot be transferred to you.
  8. meapmogravy77 Win User

Home Xbox

Each account has a limit to the number of times you can set the profile as the Home Console. Not the console itself.

The limit is 5 times for the account.

If you've reached that limit, Xbox Support can reset that for you one time for 5 more uses.

After they reset it, you'll have 5 more uses and then you'll to wait a year until another reset is available.
    I still have switches though
  9. ngocphi Win User

Game sharing feature - Well lack of !!

No it's two consoles.but you aren't understanding the limit

Gameshare works two ways

One the home console anyone can use the game and yes it is a limit of one home console legally as required by law

2 only the purchasing account can roam.on the second console as it has to be signed in to use its content

Either one of your sons will have to be on your account on the non home console
Thema:

1. If an Account doesn't have a home, but has used the limit of transfers, can it still be ... - Similar Threads - Account doesn't home

2. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  3. So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?: Tried multiple times to get into an account I own with account recovery and none of the times it worked I can't get an email verification either due to my old one being deleted....
  4. "Microsoft doesn't delete customers accounts without their permissions" -- Lies, lies, lies

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Microsoft doesn't delete customers accounts without their permissions" -- Lies, lies, lies: My account was deleted without permission or notice to me whatsoever. The last email I received was on 7 Sep about updating Terms of Service. Prior to that I have 15+ single-use codes for sign in...
  5. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  6. Microsoft account doesn't own Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account doesn't own Minecraft?: I have a mac, and I play Minecraft java edition, but whenever I try to register my account to play with a client such as Badlion or lunar, it says that my Microsoft account does not own Minecraft,...
  7. My Minecraft account just doesn't have a sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account just doesn't have a sign in?: Hey guys, was trying to get into my Minecraft account recently (which is fully migrated btw) after a long time of not playing and for some reason the email just doesn't exist anymore? Anyone know...
  8. Why doesn't fortnite let me in AND how do I delete an alt fortnite account and keep the main?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't fortnite let me in AND how do I delete an alt fortnite account and keep the main?: (1) OK so it is November 27, 2023 and im trying to log into fortnite but it keeps saying login fail and to retry with the same results. I keep searching up for answers and there is NOTHING that...
  9. The account recovery doesn't work

in XBoX Accessibility
    The account recovery doesn't work: I know all my information about my account I created over 15 years ago with 1000s of pounds of games and add ons. I firmly belive that the account recovery system doesn't work, I've tried now 100s...
  10. Child account vanished. Gone. Disappeared. Doesn't exist.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account vanished. Gone. Disappeared. Doesn't exist.: Is it just me or has Xbox slowly cut off any means of speaking with someone!! Ok. So. Turned on Xbox looking to let my child play. Child account for 2 years. Xbox family still shows the...