"If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a...

Discus and support "If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; "If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a different email address you have used for your old gamertag." I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by crixzoid, Mar 21, 2023.

1. crixzoid
    crixzoid Guest

"If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a...

"If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a different email address you have used for your old gamertag." I am still stuck in this situation, can anyone help me or know how to fix this?

:)

crixzoid, Mar 21, 2023
  2. crixzoid Win User

"If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a different email address you have used for your old gamertag."

well the old gamertag has been link to another email and that email is a hacker , so i cant recover it
  3. Rostom L Win User

"If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a different email address you have used for your old gamertag."

Hi crixzoid!

Please be informed that in order for us to start the account recovery process, we must know the correct email address that's linked to the gamertag or Xbox profile you're trying to get back into.

I suggest that you check your email history including your spam or junk folder or archived emails to find traces to which email address your Xbox profile was linked to. If you still have your old consoles like Xbox 360 or Xbox One, etc where your account was previously added, you may check it if you could see the email address of your account there.

You may as well check it on https://account.live.com/username/recover by entering a phone number or email address which might be possibly linked to the account you're currently looking for.
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

2 ACCOUNT LINK TO ONE EMAIL ADDRESS

5. steeledwand7664 Win User

A new xbox account was creating when trying to sign into another xbox

That means the email that you signed in with on your brothers account was not the same email associated with your gamertag what you want to do is check on your xbox in settings under the account tab and sign in security and passkey and it will show you the
    email associated with the gamertag.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

so today i tried playing forza horizon 4 and it logged me in to one of my random accounts that i just have.

But do you sign in with the correct Microsoft account? It shows you a random gamertag?

If you sign in to the Xbox website with the same Microsoft account, does it show you a different gamertag?
Thema:

1. "If a different gamertag is showing when you sign in to your account it means it is a... - Similar Threads - different gamertag showing

2. I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...: Some people said it can take up to 45 days for a gamertag to be able to be taken again once changed, I just hope my gamertag isn't gone forever someone please help me. Thankyou....
  3. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...
  4. I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account I've had for years and i wanted to put that gamertag on my main account (so I freed it up) but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is...
  5. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: Like did i just lose my gamertag forever because xbox makes no sense? 86137c99-ef6f-4a5b-9997-067b85c3aa6c
  6. Can't change gamertag because the currency is different

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change gamertag because the currency is different: I want to change my gamertag but it only shows in USD and im from Malaysia b229d26b-c1d6-436d-aced-51eb9b14ff45
  7. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  8. My XBox account hacked. Gamertag which I setup when I registered on XBox was different to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My XBox account hacked. Gamertag which I setup when I registered on XBox was different to...: My XBox account hacked. Gamertag which I setup when I registered on XBox was different to mine. I changed my password. The person who hacked me have a different IP adress. I tried to upload the...
  9. “This preview is registered to a different gamertag”

in XboX Insiders
    “This preview is registered to a different gamertag”: I’m currently trying to switch from Omega preview to Delta preview but it’s saying that it’s registered to a different gamertag. I’m using the correct gt, and my other account basically isn’t even...
  10. How do I register a different gamertag to the Xbox preview

in XboX Insiders
    How do I register a different gamertag to the Xbox preview: I’m pretty sure the account I used I don’t have access to anymore can someone help ?? submitted by /u/Hairy_Patience_4097 [link] [comments]