Idle Options Failing (Video of Problem in Description), Alpha Build

Discus and support Idle Options Failing (Video of Problem in Description), Alpha Build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all, I’ve been having an issue with the Xbox Series X Idle options for the past 6 months or so now. I posted about this problem on the subreddit a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AvengedFADE, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Idle Options Failing (Video of Problem in Description), Alpha Build

Hey all, I’ve been having an issue with the Xbox Series X Idle options for the past 6 months or so now. I posted about this problem on the subreddit a while back which you can find here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Essentially, the screen on your Xbox is supposed to dim when the idle options are active (in my case, it is set to 2 minutes). However, this option will occasionally fail, and cease to work until the console is restarted. It will continue working again for a short while, but will eventually begin to fail again. This setting is extremely important to owners of OLED displays, as this feature protects the screen from deteriorating prematurely.

I have a short video showing the issue and the problem I am having. Alpha Build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNwD_VEDRKk

Long video, so timestamps shown below:

2:33 - 2 minutes pass after no input (first idle failure)

3:24 - input moved, and showed reset idle options to 2 minutes again.

6:21 - 2 minutes pass again after no input (second idle failure)

7:05 -input moved again, insider build shown

8:55 - full restart of console complete

11:05 - 2 minutes pass, idle options working after restart

13:30 - 2 minutes pass, idle options work after the second pass.

Would like to see this problem fixed, and not sure if anyone else is having this issue with the Xbox's idle options.

submitted by /u/AvengedFADE
    [link] [comments]

/u/AvengedFADE, Mar 11, 2023
  2. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Battleblog #11 up.

The one alpha beta video shows a building caving in on a mcom. Unless they decide to move the mcom?
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One

Hi, you can search for insider hub app, in this way, also if you don't update to an insider build of the dashboard, you have option to report the problem to engineers. Replicate the problem, hold the Xbox logo button on your pad and select the option to
    report the problem, remember to attach screenshot and/or video, and fill the form with a complete description of the issue.

You can also joing preview program and try an advanced (but instable) dashboard builds, the lowest tier is stable enough for a daily use without problem and you can check if a different dashboard build fix the problem.
  4. ngocphi Win User

pc game pass games provided are not the latest version

You mean like.prerelease alphas ? Ya they are labeled as alphas products

If you read the description just like steam

You do realize.that prereleases are.Just.that right for testing purposes

The idea is you are paying a lower then.their retail to fund the building of the.game just like steam
  5. MCKENZIE RUFC Win User

Netflix problem with the alpha build.

Like I've said in the post, I've reported it through the Xbox app. Thanks.
  6. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Netflix problem with the alpha build.

Welcome fellow Insider! These type of things happen so it's important you submit them through the bug procedure given to you in the awesome other reply. I know it can be frustrating but just think, you are helping shape the service!
Thema:

Idle Options Failing (Video of Problem in Description), Alpha Build

1. Idle Options Failing (Video of Problem in Description), Alpha Build - Similar Threads - Idle Options Failing

2. Please Can you add PUBG UC to the redeem options?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Can you add PUBG UC to the redeem options?: I am Pubg Player and i want the feature to redeem Pubg uc with coin Please add Pubg uc 16d7e2cc-1c69-456d-94cc-75f6ed184b8d
  3. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  4. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  5. Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.: Hi! So my Minecraft Bedrock launcher used to work, but I tried reinstalling it because there was an issue with it. My Java edition works just fine. Upon reinstalling it in my C: Drive, every time...
  6. Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen: I've been at this for about 4 hours now. I have tried: -opening privacy settings to allow everything associated with voice and video streaming. -Checking network connection problems (came up...
  7. Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...: I do not know how this happened but it was working before I uninstalled it. When I decided to reinstall, it no longer works, so therefore it shows idle. ec4090b2-0ebf-450a-a563-71d57a8c592f
  8. TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions: Ever since the July 19th update on my Xbox One X, watching TV gets interrupted by idle time suggestions. This did not happen prior to the update. Prior to the update, idle suggestion displays...
  9. Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...

in XBoX on Windows
    Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...: Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but nothing works, any help? 78e1ce44-c1b8-49ba-a091-fa338d3ac254
  10. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...: When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this....