Idle Options bug - Xbox One October 2017 update

Discus and support Idle Options bug - Xbox One October 2017 update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just updated and watching USB TV on my XBOX One where the default Settings/Preference/Idle Options - Preferences now dims my TV session after 10 mins... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dadio93, Oct 16, 2017.

1. dadio93
    dadio93 Guest

I just updated and watching USB TV on my XBOX One where the default Settings/Preference/Idle Options - Preferences now dims my TV session after 10 mins - I cannot disable dimming, only set to max 60 minutes. Why isn't this disabled for TV - I assume other
    apps like Netflix, YouTube, DVD have same issue? Is this an oversight in testing the update before release?

:)

dadio93, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Mass Effect Andromeda Keeps Freezing

Might just have to reinstall the game. Bioware is sending out updates/patching the game as we progress toward October of 2017. Look for these bugs being fixed in the near future!

BrowniemixBro, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Xbox One October 2017 Update

Please note that what I am about to say is purely my opinion on the October 2017 update. I do not expect Microsoft to change it just because of an unhappy customer or expect you to agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their OWN OPINION.

I do not like it at all. I find that the new menu is even more of a cluster *Censored* than before. I find it tedious to navigate to my friends list or party menu. I especially despise the fact that Notifications are now in the Settings tab. Why would they
    be there? I could understand if it were in the Messages tab instead. That would make more sense to me at least.

I have noticed that it takes quite a bit longer to load my games or apps (Not Games AND Apps menu) and to join or start a party. My friends have also noticed this.

Also, ever since this update, it has been telling me to connect to Xbox Live when I already am connected. I can access all my social stuff like being in a party with other people, but I cannot play any games online. This could possibly be a problem on my
    side, but since I am here I figured I could add it just in case others are having this same problem. If this is a bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon along with that weird party glitch that makes it where some people can't hear each other. Some of you might
    know the one I am talking about.

The Helljumper5, Oct 16, 2017
  4. BrowniemixBro Win User

Mass Effect Andromeda Keeps Freezing

Might just have to reinstall the game. Bioware is sending out updates/patching the game as we progress toward October of 2017. Look for these bugs being fixed in the near future!
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox One October 2017 Update

There are a lot of postings on Uservoice over ability to customize dashboard/home screen - to vote for or add your own suggestions for others to vote for.

I don't think even moderators scan these forums anymore.
  6. IRB Win User

Blu-ray idle xbox

Go to settings, select preferences, and hit idle options. Now, uncheck “Show me things when idle.” This should get rid of the idle problem.
    This will fix the current issue, but removes the idle screen. This sounds like a bug as it is not intended to idle while watching a disc based movie (or streaming content either).

Ensure you have the latest version of the bluray app from the store. If that doesn't fix it, the work around M3tal Daz3 suggested will work, but it not a permanent fix as it removes the Idle option from the console.
  7. NeoDan123 Win User

Why is it so difficult to find a Kinect device for Xbox One?

Good day

The kinect for Xbox One was discontinued on 25 October 2017.

It will be hard to find an adapter for it, most probably second hand aswell.
  8. WPAK Win User

Error in update of October 23, 2017

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that doesn't fix the issue please try these steps

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    7. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    8. This should show a menu with the option to factory reset the console, if it does not please try the steps again

If both fail then it's best to contact official Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. Idle Options bug - Xbox One October 2017 update - Similar Threads - Idle Options bug

2. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

in XboX Insiders
    Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday: One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to...
  3. xbox series x no ipv6 option

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x no ipv6 option: i have a new tv connected through the same router and it connected by ipv6 automatically 7be3bbb8-3f91-469b-9f9a-d08dfa61f8a6
  4. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  5. Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.: Hi! So my Minecraft Bedrock launcher used to work, but I tried reinstalling it because there was an issue with it. My Java edition works just fine. Upon reinstalling it in my C: Drive, every time...
  6. Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen: I've been at this for about 4 hours now. I have tried: -opening privacy settings to allow everything associated with voice and video streaming. -Checking network connection problems (came up...
  7. Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...: I do not know how this happened but it was working before I uninstalled it. When I decided to reinstall, it no longer works, so therefore it shows idle. ec4090b2-0ebf-450a-a563-71d57a8c592f
  8. TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions: Ever since the July 19th update on my Xbox One X, watching TV gets interrupted by idle time suggestions. This did not happen prior to the update. Prior to the update, idle suggestion displays...
  9. Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...

in XBoX on Windows
    Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...: Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but nothing works, any help? 78e1ce44-c1b8-49ba-a091-fa338d3ac254
  10. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...: When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this....