Idiots guide please to get kids off my email for their xbox

Discus and support Idiots guide please to get kids off my email for their xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need an idiots guide to stop getting emails and spam as my two teenagers have my emails as their Xbox accounts. In the days of Xbox 360 you needed a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FGG82, Dec 29, 2022.

1. FGG82
    FGG82 Guest

I need an idiots guide to stop getting emails and spam as my two teenagers have my emails as their Xbox accounts.

In the days of Xbox 360 you needed a Microsoft account to in xmas day set up kids accounts.

This has now worn thin as they are end of teen years about to be young men so A. They don’t want their mum getting all their purchase information and B. mum doesn’t want them changing her password and locking her out her account and getting spam as these emails are her “main” ones for in one case 30years.

So I have tried to create a new Microsoft account for one to trial But it gives him a new Xbox gamer tag. He is freaking at losing his games and history.

When I click on Xbox profile it shows his original gamer tag but appears to have put me back to the original account.

I tried just putting his email as primary and leaving mine as alias but I keep getting purchase info.

It’s driving me nuts. Idiot guide please to give them

Their own Microsoft accounts that I can still link to microsoft365 , that doesn’t lose their gaming history and stops using my emails.

Want kids to have own accounts and nothing abou their Xbox to Do with me and they cannot lose any history.

HELP HELP HELP

the Xbox and Microsoft are so unuser friendly they really are

:)

FGG82, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello FGG82,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand how complex is the situation and we are here to provide option and suggestion to make your gaming experience a wonderful one.

As per your description, your email account was used by two teenagers to sign into your Xbox device. Any games achievements, games history and existing services are tied up to that account. And we understand that managing your online purchase would really require some important details if there were no payment instrument added to the account. Here is the link on how to add or change payment instrument: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ructions to add or update your payment option.

We understand that creating their own Microsoft account will help them manage their own account and since they have already some games achievements and history while using your Microsoft account, it will give them a fresh start for the games since those achievement that was tied up with your Microsoft account cannot be transfer to their own new account. However, if they want to continue playing the games that is included in the subscription of your Microsoft account, you can still share your subscription and allow them to play from fresh start. You can set your device as Home console and will allow them to sign in their own Microsoft account and create a gamer tag. Here is the link on how set your Xbox as Home Console: How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

You can also set Xbox Family Setting app to easily manage your children's console and gaming activities. Here is the link: Xbox Family Settings App | Xbox

If you want to speak with a live representative to further assists you, please go to this link; Contact us | Xbox Support and click on Contact us button.

We are excited to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Alchemist Don Win User

Get back in the kitchen

I agree but we know this will never change we will always get kids and idiots on live its just part off the package.
  4. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Xbox live idiot guide

You can set up different profiles for each child, BUT, you will need to have a LIVE account for EACH account. You could have just one account with a gamertag that all your children can agree on and have that account as your LIVE account. You can also create
    offline accounts for each child. A lot of people think that creating one LIVE account gives LIVE access to any account on your console but it just does not work this way.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Xbox live idiot guide

The family pack is discontinued and no longer available.

As for Live memberships, you don't need to purchase individual ones for your kids unless you plan on allowing them to play on the Live service.

Be aware that if you want to use the apps that are available (ie. Netflix) you will need to have a gold membership on the account that intends to use the service.
  6. Preknowledge Win User

Xbox live idiot guide

Thema:

1. Idiots guide please to get kids off my email for their xbox - Similar Threads - Idiots guide please

2. What idiot decided moving the notifications to the bottom was a good idea?

in XboX Insiders
    What idiot decided moving the notifications to the bottom was a good idea?: I tried to get used to it but it's such a terrible UI choice I genuinely can't understand it. What was wrong with the "invitations" tab? I just want it to be quick and easy to accept invites and...
  3. Idiot Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Idiot Xbox: Stupid xbox. Saying I can get $1.06 worth of ultimate game pass and charge me additional for another month when I only want one. Cant even turn off recurring payments until I buy it! Haha idiot...
  4. Kterej blb to překládal SURGE 2 [Edit - Translation] - Which idiot translated SURGE 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kterej blb to překládal SURGE 2 [Edit - Translation] - Which idiot translated SURGE 2: Zajímalo by mě jestli někdo vi kdy ze surge 2 odstraní češtinu která byla vytvořena pomocí google překladače a dají tam normalní ,a takhle to je celou hru to není žádná vyjímka. [Edit -...
  5. idiot designers need to sort out the slow installation problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    idiot designers need to sort out the slow installation problems: so, 5 days after starting installation of Battlefront 2 it's still not ready to play owing to it's stupid desire to download all the patches and updates along the way. There needs to be a much...
  6. 2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.: Prepare to facepalm, cry or laugh. Xbox One. Had for 2-3 years with zero issues. I press the power "button" on the console and there are no signs of life. Then try the controller which flashes...
  7. I want my money back. just rented a video like an idiot from your server and it won't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want my money back. just rented a video like an idiot from your server and it won't work.: anyone else had this issue........purchased a movie and I can't watch it...yes my TV is connected how else would I see the notification. Give me my money back. 49c75aad-d3d5-43bb-82a2-5876def218f4
  8. Banned for Writing "Idiot" in an 18+ Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Banned for Writing "Idiot" in an 18+ Game: I've just had my account banned for sending a message saying "Idiot" on the game "For Honor", I believe this is an 18+ game so therefore surely curse words should be allowed - and "idiot" is not...
  9. I have been banned from communications for saying "KYS" and idiot in a message

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been banned from communications for saying "KYS" and idiot in a message: i don't know why I have been banned 4b3ae74b-20d8-47ec-9b0e-9c0ae4a84ad3
  10. Being the idiot that I am, I removed myself from the family and now I cannot download my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being the idiot that I am, I removed myself from the family and now I cannot download my ...: Here's the story: I wanted to download a movie on my account but I couldn't because of parental controls. Being the idiot that I am, I removed myself from the family and I couldn't get back on my...