Identifying installed games after disk cloning

Discus and support Identifying installed games after disk cloning in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently cloned my HDD data to my new SSD, I used the "Forensic" cloning method, and this drive was the secondary drive (Not the bootable one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Amr W. Shalaby, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Identifying installed games after disk cloning

Hello,

I recently cloned my HDD data to my new SSD, I used the "Forensic" cloning method, and this drive was the secondary drive (Not the bootable one that has windows on it).

However, after the cloning is done successfully, I found that all of my Xbox games which were installed on the "D" drive were not recognizable. The Xbox application could recognize everything on the C drive (which was no issue at this time, as I didn't change it), but could not recognize any of the games installed on the D drive before cloning.

I could find that these games' files already exist in the newly-cloned D drive in the "WindowsApps" folder, but I cannot play any of them, and an errors appears that the game is offline when I try opening them. The error screenshot is attached.

When I try reinstalling the games, the install process ends instantly with a message that the game got installed successfully, but actually when opening the game, the same error appears again.

What is the solution to this error? Is there a method to make the Xbox app recognize these files and open the games?

The error happens with 3 games, which were installed on the D drive:

Sea of Thieves (Owned)

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Owned)

ReCore (Owned)

Also, the same error happens with applications that were installed on the D drive using the Windows app store.

Other games from other launchers (i.e. Epic Games, Uplay, and EA Play) work fine after cloning, so the problem happens only with Windows and Xbox application only.

Is there any way to recognize the games, without the need to delete these files and reinstall the games?

Identifying installed games after disk cloning [​IMG]

:)

Amr W. Shalaby, Aug 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please try the above before moving the games

Connect the old HDD, move the games to C: drive and then re-connect your new SSD and move the games again
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If you go to Windows Settings > Apps and features > Installed apps

Are you able to see those apps or not?

If not, that's the reason.

You can try connecting the old HDD, if the apps appears move them to C: drive and then re-connect your new SSD and move the games again
  4. Amr W. Shalaby Win User

Interestingly, they exist, but with dummy sizes.

[​IMG]
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Amr

Sorry to say but if you reinstalled windows or are you trying to use the games with a different computer copying the files and folders (cloning) is not going to work.
    Due to the PC has an ID that changes even if you reinstall the system on the same machine

Right now the Xbox app doesn't have the ability to check existing folders/games
  6. Amr W. Shalaby Win User

I see.

But I am still using the same PC, the only thing I changed was my old HDD which I replaced with an SSD.

So, it is the same machine, but changed the drive which had these games installed on.

Is it still not going to work?
Thema:

1. Identifying installed games after disk cloning - Similar Threads - Identifying installed games

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  5. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices...
  6. That there are Hardware Identifiers that are altering your Fortnite game and you don't know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    That there are Hardware Identifiers that are altering your Fortnite game and you don't know...: Everytime when i try to play a tournament in fortnite this message pops up e9719f6c-cb43-440d-864f-26a4d211c042
  7. Can you Identify my Xbox 360 Model?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you Identify my Xbox 360 Model?: I recently just got a Xbox 360 and I am wondering which power supply I need to get. It is white, with a white disc tray. It also has a HDMI port and was manufactured in May of 2008. Is this a...
  8. My xbox and PC are incorrectly identified as being in a region that doesn't support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox and PC are incorrectly identified as being in a region that doesn't support...: Both the Xbox app on windows and my series X tell me that cloud play is unsupported in my region, which is not true. It stopped working about a month ago and my friend living in the same town has...
  9. My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC identifies my newly bought Xbox 360 wireless receiver as a wireless controller: Hello I have tried updating the driver, unplugging and replugging it, changing the port and also updating my pc drivers which didn't work. I would appreciate any help you could give me, so the...
  10. can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial #

in XBoX Accessibility
    can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial #: can you identify the owner of a XBOX by a serial # f870abc2-fab9-4859-b0e7-26a531bbc0fa