I'am being electrocuted by my Xbox controller!

Discus and support I'am being electrocuted by my Xbox controller! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, For the past few days (4 days to be exact) I have been getting electrocuted by my wired Xbox 360 controller. The first time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D Ru3n, Jan 2, 2014.

1. D Ru3n
    D Ru3n Guest

Hello Everyone,

For the past few days (4 days to be exact) I have been getting electrocuted by my wired Xbox 360 controller. The first time I just passed it off as static charge, I mean I know in the winter the air is dryer so static builds up much easier. The second
    time I was shocked was while playing online only this time the shock came through my headset. The headset I was using was a wired Xbox 360 headset. I have a wireless one but when it dies I use the wired while it charges. Both my controller and mica are in
    great condition, the controller is 2 years old and the mic 3. The controller and mic are both official Xbox accessories nether are aftermarket or third party. The mic does not have the foam cover over the speaker as it was sinnged by the shock.

So now that you are aware of my issue let me explain what I tried to do to fix said issue. I was told by friends online and some loved ones that it could be something to look into legally about because I was being shocked and so on. Well I'm not
    one to want to run off and sue over just anything so I would rather let the company make it right. So I contacted Xbox.com support via chat to try and get this issue fixed. So I'm going to post the transcription from the chat and let you decide if I should
    just do what they suggest or if I should take this further cause honestly if this is how they handle an issue like this I' am highly disappointed.

info: at 13:54:31

Please wait for an agent to respond.The current average wait time is 4 minutes.Thank you for your patience.

info: at 13:56:31

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 4 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 13:58:31

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 3 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 14:00:31

All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 1 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: at 14:01:20

Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Deanna'

Joshua: at 14:01:30

Hello Denna

\\** I know I spelled her name wrong and I did apologize for it before I logged off**\\

Deanna: at 14:01:37

Thank you for contacting Xbox Chat Support. I am Deanna. Please give me a moment to review your concern.

Joshua: at 14:01:39

ok

Deanna: at 14:02:52

Thanks for waiting.

Deanna: at 14:03:10

I understand that you are having an issue with your contoller, is that correct?

Joshua: at 14:04:15

Yes but i could not fully describe the issues in the description box cause there is a word limit i could finish if you would like but yes I am having an issue with my controller and wired microphone

Deanna: at 14:05:56

I see. For me to further assist you, can you please be specific with your issue Joshua?

Joshua: at 14:07:26

Yes , my wired controller has electrocuted via the mic port. Another issue is if I plug in my wired mic i get electrocuted through the speaker in my ear. It only happens with this controller and headset.

Joshua: at 14:08:53

Considering the mic is a analog receiver i don't believe it should be receive enough power to shock me and injure my er.

Deanna: at 14:09:37

I see. Can you please try to use the controller without the microphone?

\\**Yes that’s right you just read that , they really suggest stop using it. Well we know you paid for this mic but hey stop using it cause you got money to just *** away**\\

Deanna: at 14:09:56

Also, may I know what type of microphone are you using?

Joshua: at 14:10:12

The microsoft xbox 360 wired headset.

\\** This was the third time I needed to state what equipment I was using that’s including the description of the problem before I got connected to chat.**\\

Deanna: at 14:11:22

I see.

Joshua: at 14:11:30

and even if i don't use the headset the controller should still not shock me.The only answer you can give me is dont use it. Why not try to fix the issue i bought the equipment it should work and not hurt me.

Joshua: at 14:12:04

I also know its not your fault its just a frustrating situation

Deanna: at 14:13:23

I really understand where you are coming from and you want that your concern will be fixed. I just want to do some troubleshooting before we consider some options here.

Deanna: at 14:14:03

I am sorry for the inconvenience Joshua and I am here to help you find a resolution to your concern.

Deanna: at 14:16:11

Can you please try to use other usb ports Joshua?

Joshua: at 14:17:17

I have had this issue on more than one Xbox I currently have 4 in my house all hooked up to different tvs this happens at all of them with this controller and headset and only this controller and headset.

Deanna: at 14:21:04

I understand that and just to make sure, have you tried other usb ports on the console that you have and if it does the same thing?

Joshua: at 14:23:08

Im very sorry if this comes off as mean or rude but considering I use it in 4 different Xbox's yes I have used it at least in 4 different Usb ports differing from the front Usb ports to the rear.

\\** This is the point where I got annoyed she really just asked me a question twice in a row after I already answered it. Given I did not give a easy yes or no but she could have got my answer had she read what I said. But I digress**\\

Deanna: at 14:27:36

I see. Joshua, I perfectly understand that. Based on the information that you have provided, the last option that we have is to replace the controller Joshua since it will not be fixed through the troubleshooting steps.

Joshua: at 14:28:10

Okay what steps do i need to take to get it replaced

Deanna: at 14:29:10

Alright. Please go to myservice.xbox.com to be able to get it replaced.

Joshua: at 14:30:18

so i just go to this website and they know to replace my controller? Or do you provide a ticket or query number to inform them of this replacement or will i need to go through all with them?

Deanna: at 14:32:18

Joshua, On the website, sign in your account and you will be getting an options there. Just choose Replace an accessory.

Deanna: at 14:32:54

Then you just have to follow until the replacement request will be submitted. You will then get your order number.

Joshua: at 14:33:32

okay and last question when I get the replacement order number do they provide shipping of the defective controller to them?

\\** At this point I was sure that this issue would be fixed and taken care of. **\\

Deanna: at 14:34:48

After processing the request, you should receive an email within 24 hours with the instructions on how to ship the controller.

\\** Well that just seemed like she sidestepped the question and made me retract my previous hope.**\\

Joshua: at 14:35:33

But that doesn't exactly answer my question. Do i need to pay for the shipping or do they provide shipping.

Deanna: at 14:37:43

I am sorry for that, if it is under warranty, its for free but if its out-of-warranty, there will be a shipping fee for the new controller to be shipped to you.

\\** At this point this is what they are telling me .So basically I need to pay them because their product is shocking me**\\

Joshua: at 14:40:15

So i just want to get a clear yes or no on this so i can make my decision on what to do. I purchased equipment made my Microsoft for the Xbox 360 this equipment had become defective and has thus electrocuted me multiple times with no fault of damage or modification
    and the companies policy is to request that I pay a shipping fee to get this fix if my warranty is up? Is that all correct?

Deanna: at 14:42:33

Yes, that is correct, if the warranty is up, there will be a shipping fee.

\\** Yes it is now confirmed I will need to pay Microsoft because their product is shocking yup that is what they are telling me.**\\

Joshua: at 14:44:41

Okay I would like to just state that no threat of leagal action will be made here. What I will be doing though is taking my issue and the transcription this chat conversation and placing into a public form to see how the owners of Microsoft products would like
    to see how an issue like this would be resolved. If anyone from the company needs to reach me for any reason my cell phone # is ###-###-####

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t log off at that point I did apologize for spelling her name wrong and assured her I wasn’t upset with her personally just the situation. I only added the quotes proceeded by \\** and followed by **\\ and removed my cell # I didn’t even correct
    my spelling errors. So what I want to know is what would you do in this situation?

A.) File a lawsuit because their product is shocking me and I have reported it and their not concerned with getting it fixed and only with getting their fees.

B.) Shut my mouth and just pay the fee and throw good money after bad money.

C.) Keep using it cause if they don’t see any danger here I shouldn’t ether.

I would like to hear everyone’s opinions on this and see how you would handle this issue. Me however I’m going with C and if something happens maybe then they will look into it.

:)

D Ru3n, Jan 2, 2014
  2. radzaw
    radzaw Guest
    Gold subscription canceled on PayPal

Hi,

I've canceled my xbox live subscription on PayPal, but i'am still getting billed by yours service (you cannot get money from my paypal account and i'am getting email notifications). How can I cancel this from happening ? Do you do not support cancel messages
    from PayPal API ?

radzaw, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Metal controller

Don't get electrocuted with that in your hand. ;P

Galactic Geek, Jan 2, 2014
  4. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest

So, You have quite a few consoles in your home and only use the defective controller????? YOU are paying for shipping--- a separate cost from the replacement. Please talk to a lawyer!!!!! I am interested to hear how fast they decline your false claim
    for shipping fees as MS did indeed offer a solution, YOU refused. Option D-- Use a different Controller--- You should have at least 4. Option E--- trade it in at a game shop. What do your parents think??? GOOD LUCK!!!

BongKaos, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Once you are out of warranty you will get nothing for free.

Is the charging cable an official microsoft product?

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 2, 2014
  6. D Ru3n
    D Ru3n Guest
    @BongKaos

Firstly i chose to continue to use equipment and not to file any legal action. Secondly yes 4 Xboxes and this is my controller this is the one i use all the time sense I got my 360 so yes I will continue to use it it works great other than the fact that
    it is shocking me. Third the lawsuit wouldn't be over shipping cost it would be over a defective product shocking a customer and them not taking care of the situation (i.e taking the product form the consumer to ensure it doesn't further cause them harm).
    It's not about money yes i could just as easily buy a new one but why should i have to nothing has been done to the original equipment to cause this issue so they should be able to take care of it . They could send me a shipping label to have it in for repairs
    and that would be fine but no they want me to spend more money and yes the money for the fee is paid to them not Fedex of UPS because the fee is for the replacement not the shipping as she stated. I'm sure at some point during your high and mighty post you
    thought you were really on to something there but you clearly paraphrased the post and formed your opinion but hey i guess that's what i get for saying I wanted to hear everyone opinion. Lastly I'm not really sure what my parents would think because i bought
    all of it myself so I'm not really sure how they come into play here. I guess your thinking I'm a child well there you go assuming again.

@THEOWENKILLER

Its not a matter of free its a matter of them letting their equipment harm someone and before they will fix it they want your money again. No its a full on wired controller not a plug and play.

D Ru3n, Jan 2, 2014
  7. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    So if the brakes on your car stopped working you would expect chevy to fix them for free once the warranty is up?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  8. I'am being electrocuted by my Xbox controller!

[quote user="Ru3n Rip Roc"]Its not a matter of free its a matter of them letting their equipment harm someone and before they will fix it they want your money again[/quote]

That`s the whole point of a warranty.

-

Any electrical current that made it to you would first have to pass through that controller,if that current was enough to do you any harm it would certainly have fried the controller,making it unusable.

Is the controller still working?

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 2, 2014
  9. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Joshua, On the website, sign in your account and you will be getting an options there. Just choose Replace an accessory. GOOD LUCK!!!!

BongKaos, Jan 2, 2014
  10. D Ru3n
    D Ru3n Guest
    The controller is now dead and I have a fried Xbox. While playing today another surge came through this time frying the xbox and controller while also tripping my fuse breaker. The only silver lining is nothing else is damaged and the Xbox is still under
    warranty and its coming with a new controller. The only issue was they did not see the fact that it was sending and electrical current through the headset and into my ear as a concern. But yeah all is fixed now, well will be soon. 10 days or so thanks for
    the convo enjoy 2014 all.

D Ru3n, Jan 2, 2014
  11. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    So how are you playing BF4????? Are you using a surge protector??? Brain Damage Is indeed a serious issue......... What about the other 3 headsets/controllors you could be using???? Please keep us updated........

BongKaos, Oct 31, 2018
  12. THEOWENKILLER Win User

[quote user="Ru3n Rip Roc"]Its not a matter of free its a matter of them letting their equipment harm someone and before they will fix it they want your money again[/quote]

That`s the whole point of a warranty.

-

Any electrical current that made it to you would first have to pass through that controller,if that current was enough to do you any harm it would certainly have fried the controller,making it unusable.

Is the controller still working?
  13. x24hrs2livex Win User

So if the brakes on your car stopped working you would expect chevy to fix them for free once the warranty is up?
  14. BongKaos Win User

So how are you playing BF4????? Are you using a surge protector??? Brain Damage Is indeed a serious issue......... What about the other 3 headsets/controllors you could be using???? Please keep us updated........
  15. BongKaos Win User

So, You have quite a few consoles in your home and only use the defective controller????? YOU are paying for shipping--- a separate cost from the replacement. Please talk to a lawyer!!!!! I am interested to hear how fast they decline your false claim
    for shipping fees as MS did indeed offer a solution, YOU refused. Option D-- Use a different Controller--- You should have at least 4. Option E--- trade it in at a game shop. What do your parents think??? GOOD LUCK!!!
  16. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Once you are out of warranty you will get nothing for free.

Is the charging cable an official microsoft product?
Thema:

1. I'am being electrocuted by my Xbox controller! - Similar Threads - I'am being electrocuted

2. What's the point in being an Xbox insider?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the point in being an Xbox insider?: Not trolling as I've been in the programme for over a decade but these days it feels like being an insider is less valued than ever. I've been alpha skip ahead or equivalent for a lot of this time...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...: So,I will start by saying my Xbox one is 4 years old and somedays it takes longer than usual to fully start up. Yesterday afternoon it worked just fine, I shut it off like normal and when I went...
  5. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  6. How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?: The discord server view option has completely disappeared. It should display Discord underneath Start a party, but that option isn't there. I've restarted my Xbox, reconnected my xbox account to...
  7. Prank him John not being gayHehehe

in XboX Insiders
    Prank him John not being gayHehehe: 8+ submitted by /u/HillBoys23 [link] [comments]
  8. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  9. i'am a xbox insider user and my xbox is showing the error e101.

in XboX Insiders
    i'am a xbox insider user and my xbox is showing the error e101.: I'm an xbox insider, I turned on the video game to play, and when I turned it on, the error e106 appeared. I tried to restore the xbox and nothing frustrated, I tried to install the offline...
  10. Is anyone having a difficult time as I'am controlling the plane

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having a difficult time as I'am controlling the plane: So my biggest problem is turning the plane around yet I drop so much altitude that I almost always crash. Whether it be knifing or whatever and even straightening out the plane is difficult I...