I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox

Discus and support I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox as I had a Ex-Friend who had got mad at me one day and mass reported my “real name” on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Uplift✔ ™, Nov 24, 2022.

1. I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox

I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox as I had a Ex-Friend who had got mad at me one day and mass reported my “real name” on Xbox now at this time I was a child and this was around two years ago but now I am a well more matured teenager and would just like to regain this ability my Xbox Gt is “NotUplift” Thanks for your help!

:)

Uplift✔ ™, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Uplift

You should be able to show your real name on Xbox following the steps below:

“Turn on the Real name option to select which friends you want to see your real name:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Online safety & family.
    Select Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize.
    Select Profile, and then scroll right to Real name.
    Select the setting you want from the dropdown menu.
    Note Your current display name can be seen under How you look.”

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...
  3. Smwutches Win User

Real Name

4. bstn617 Win User

Real Names

Slayers post said that you are going to have the ability to share your real name with friends of friends. The real name system ties in to the custom gamer pics.

If friends of friends where able to see my gamer pic you would have problems.
  5. OttoSosa300 Win User

Real Name Enforcement

I did do the case review & they decided to upheld it. All I had in my real name was "��💔��" & for some reason it was inappropriate. Also so like if the Xbox Series X came out today, the option to share my real name would still be banned?
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

How do You Remove Real Name on Dashboard Log-in?

Hi again, so I was having a think about this because recently my Xbox has been asking me to setup real name sharing which I keep refusing. I can't remember seeing my real name in the account sign-in menu which made think that what if you disabled sharing,
    assuming you have it on?

Disable real name sharing

You can turn off name sharing at any time from Settings:

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on your controller.

3.Select Settings.

4.Go to Privacy & online safety.

5.Select Custom.

6.Scroll right to the desired setting:

◦Share my real name

◦Share my real name with friends of friends

Have you played with the above settings? Maybe give that a go, above information from here:

support.xbox.com/.../real-name-sharing
Thema:

1. I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox - Similar Threads - regain ability share

2. How do I regain access to my saved data in Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I regain access to my saved data in Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?: For 4 hours I tried to progress through campaign as much as I could, I got through a lot and earned Xbox Achievements along the way. After turning my game off and then back on it forced me to...
  3. Is there a way to regain access to an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to regain access to an old account: So my old console was stolen a long time ago and I had my first ever profile on there and I wanted to see if there was a way I could regain access to it only problem is i only remember my gamertag...
  4. Can’t regain access through account recovery.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t regain access through account recovery.: The other day I tried logging into my account on my Xbox and was met with a message saying I could not sign in until I sent a code to my phone number, problem is I got a new phone with a new...
  5. Need help regaining access to my wife's old account. Tried literally every method in doing...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help regaining access to my wife's old account. Tried literally every method in doing...: Hello so I have a frustrating issue I cannot get resolved by anyone at Microsoft for some reason. My wife had an old account with the GT MouseL0rd that we have been trying to get access to....
  6. How do I regain access to my copy of minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I regain access to my copy of minecraft?: Help. I can no longer play minecraft after migrating my mojang account to microsoft. f5a26a52-14c2-44ee-96b4-3573fbbe21e5
  7. Contacting a Microsoft Support Agent to help with regaining Microsoft Minecraft Account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Contacting a Microsoft Support Agent to help with regaining Microsoft Minecraft Account...: About last summer I did a windows reinstall, but before this I ended up porting my Minecraft account to Microsoft without noting the email & have been unable to play on the account since. I have...
  8. how can I regain access to my premium solitaire collection? it is paid up until June 20222...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can I regain access to my premium solitaire collection? it is paid up until June 20222...: My paid Premium solitaire collection suddenly doesn't show up for me to access. What can I do to find it? 30e8efc8-ba60-4ffd-acb2-5549a091848e
  9. A desperate attempt to regain an old account back

in XBoX on Windows
    A desperate attempt to regain an old account back: This is my last try at trying to get an old account back. I have already tried the process of using the Xbox recovery form with no avail. This is mostly because the account was lost some 4 years...
  10. Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to regain access to my old Gamertag: I'm trying to get access to my old gamertag. I transferred it from one email account to another, I think 4 or 5 years ago. But both the original account and the account I thought I'd transferred...