I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox

Discus and support I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox as I had a Ex-Friend who had got mad at me one day and mass reported my “real name” on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Uplift✔ ™, Nov 24, 2022.

1. I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox

I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox as I had a Ex-Friend who had got mad at me one day and mass reported my “real name” on Xbox now at this time I was a child and this was around two years ago but now I am a well more matured teenager and would just like to regain this ability my Xbox Gt is “NotUplift” Thanks for your help!

:)

Uplift✔ ™, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Uplift

You should be able to show your real name on Xbox following the steps below:

“Turn on the Real name option to select which friends you want to see your real name:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Online safety & family.
    Select Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize.
    Select Profile, and then scroll right to Real name.
    Select the setting you want from the dropdown menu.
    Note Your current display name can be seen under How you look.”

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...
  3. Smwutches Win User

Real Name

4. bstn617 Win User

Real Names

Slayers post said that you are going to have the ability to share your real name with friends of friends. The real name system ties in to the custom gamer pics.

If friends of friends where able to see my gamer pic you would have problems.
  5. OttoSosa300 Win User

Real Name Enforcement

I did do the case review & they decided to upheld it. All I had in my real name was "��💔��" & for some reason it was inappropriate. Also so like if the Xbox Series X came out today, the option to share my real name would still be banned?
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

How do You Remove Real Name on Dashboard Log-in?

Hi again, so I was having a think about this because recently my Xbox has been asking me to setup real name sharing which I keep refusing. I can't remember seeing my real name in the account sign-in menu which made think that what if you disabled sharing,
    assuming you have it on?

Disable real name sharing

You can turn off name sharing at any time from Settings:

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on your controller.

3.Select Settings.

4.Go to Privacy & online safety.

5.Select Custom.

6.Scroll right to the desired setting:

◦Share my real name

◦Share my real name with friends of friends

Have you played with the above settings? Maybe give that a go, above information from here:

support.xbox.com/.../real-name-sharing
Thema:

1. I would like to regain my ability to share my real name on Xbox - Similar Threads - regain ability share

2. Regaining access to an old Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Regaining access to an old Xbox account: So, I’ve got a current Xbox account but I had one many years ago before I switched to PlayStation, I’ve found the account so can confirm it still exists, but the email was a tied to zune, so I...
  3. The Xbox regain account quiz thingy is driving me mad.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox regain account quiz thingy is driving me mad.: Right so my accounts email is my dad's and randomly one day he just couldn't access it because it said there was suspicious activity. Now I can't get into my account. I've tried the quiz but...
  4. How do I regain access to an account that is locked and I don’t have the email for

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I regain access to an account that is locked and I don’t have the email for: I recently tried to log into my other account on my Xbox series s and it said I needed to log in on the web. However I have forgotten my email for that account so I am unable to do so. I would...
  5. Help with regaining access to gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help with regaining access to gamertag: Hi, I set up an account for my son a few years ago. 6 months ago he sold his Xbox so he deleted everything off of it so the new owner couldn’t access our card details etc. However, we now have...
  6. I've had my account stolen and I want to know how I can regain access

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account stolen and I want to know how I can regain access: Recently, my brother was playing minecraft, when he had his account hacked. upon further inspection, the hacker has deleted his microsoft account (registered under gmail) and since then we have...
  7. How to I regain my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I regain my microsoft account: This is a very odd way of realising this, but I tried to login to Minecraft today only to realise that my Microsoft account was no longer linked to it and was linked to somebody elses outlook acc,...
  8. Regain access to Minecraft Java account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Regain access to Minecraft Java account: I have lost access to my Mojang account when I switched computers. I still have the receipt to my order> Order ID: #75b9ce8e0d7e48e790d10428555447a3 Transaction ID: braintree:cthepde7 Can you...
  9. MS Solitaire Solver Dialog — I accidently checked “Do not show again” — How do I regain...

in XBoX on Windows
    MS Solitaire Solver Dialog — I accidently checked “Do not show again” — How do I regain...: MS Solitaire Solver Dialog — I accidently checked “Do not show again” — How do I regain access to Solver? bc962cd5-41d6-493d-a711-da3c858d175f
  10. Locked out of Microsoft account because of a faulty email address; how can I regain access?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of Microsoft account because of a faulty email address; how can I regain access?: A while ago, I created a Microsoft account with a burner email address and used it to redeem a prepaid Minecraft card. I had it set up so that the only way I could log in was to receive a sign-in...