I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...

Discus and support I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've recently needed to change settings on my microsoft account after not using it for a long time. However, I cant change the privacy settings because... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by coleturner3, Jun 29, 2022.

1. coleturner3
    coleturner3 Guest

I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...

I've recently needed to change settings on my microsoft account after not using it for a long time. However, I cant change the privacy settings because my account is a child account. I got the parent account information from my parents and tried to log in, but when it needed a code from the email, I found out that the email had been terminated from inactivity,

:)

coleturner3, Jun 29, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent account no longer exists.

3. ArminatorX Win User

XBox Live Account

...My son has an email that is already linked as my "child" if I remove that and change the account to his email as the primary alias and then remove mine, will I then be able to add him back to my Microsoft account as my child, now with my old gamertag
    as his (so he can keep all his stats and such)?
    As I described above, be aware that if you remove a sign in alias from a Microsoft Account, that Microsoft Account gets DELETED!

If your "parent" email is a Gmail or Yahoo or other third party email, that's not a problem, as the Microsoft Account "only" is a username that looks like an email. And if you didn't use any other Microsoft services like OneDrive and the likes, the account
    deletion is not a problem.

However, if your parent Microsoft Account is a Microsoft service email like "live.com", "outlook.com", "Hotmail.com" or the country equivalents like "Hotmail.co.uk" or something, then be aware that removing that Microsoft Account from your son's account
    will delete everything from that account, and you'll basically creating a new and empty parent account!
  4. dinodog1 Win User

Game progress from parent account to child account

thank you for this. If I make my parent account and associated email address a child account instead will I need to/ should I add an additional account to act as the parent?
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Lost Microsoft account

Hello, I hope you are able to get this account back. Follow this link to try and go through the process of account recovery. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution I would look through my email addresses
    and see if you have any emails that show you fortnite items purchased. Maybe that will help you see what email address you are using. Check a parents address too it might be under the parents email instead of the childs. If you are able to get back into the
    account I would change the password and email address if needed. I hope you make it back in!!!
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Best way to gift a used Xbox 360?

It's great that you want to make such an amazing gift for your friend's grandson.

While others already described how to remove your account, please help your friend make an account for himself (an adult account), and a separate (child) account for his grandson.

Some (grand) parents make the mistake of using their own adult email account and let the kid play with that.

However, by using their own adult account for the kid, the kid is regarded as an adult for the console, and the parent is unable to prevent the kid from talking to internet strangers for example, or limit the playtime. Also, this prevents the kid from going
    on an (accidental) shopping spree, and buying stuff from the Xbox Marketplace with the parent's credit card or bank account.

So please advise your friend, that when they create an account for his grandchild, that he (or the father of the kid) should create their own adult Microsoft Account and then a separate child account (by giving the kid's actual birthdate during account creation).

After the child account is created, the parent should then go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and add the child account to their family.

That way, the parent can set permissions and privacy options to make the Xbox a safe place to play.

Additionally, this avoids later issues, where the kid would be able to access the parent's email or other Microsoft Services, if the parents let the kid play on their account. Later, you can't move the kid's gaming account away from the parent email account,
    without the parent's Microsoft Account being deleted.
Thema:

1. I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent... - Similar Threads - microsoft account child

2. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  3. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  4. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  6. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  7. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

in XBoX Accessibility
    i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....: when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole...
  8. Is there a way to change a Xbox/Microsoft account from a child to adult without a adult...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to change a Xbox/Microsoft account from a child to adult without a adult...: I have owned this account for some years now and I am of age to remove this issue. However I do not have an Adult Account to switch me out of it. I thought that during each birthday I would get...
  9. How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...: We have a family account, with one parent profile and two child profiles. I am trying to sign into one of the child profiles on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. When I go through the process of...
  10. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...