I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re...

Discus and support I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Xbox Enforcement Team and Microsoft Support, I would like to start off by saying that I am a long time xbox user, I enjoy the community and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Friendofyou, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Friendofyou
    Friendofyou Guest

I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re...

Dear Xbox Enforcement Team and Microsoft Support,

I would like to start off by saying that I am a long time xbox user, I enjoy the community and the console, and that is why I still use xbox. I have recently been perma banned on my account, Inclusionn. Someone that I was with within the past 2-3
    days changed my gamer picture to something against the code of conduct. I do not feel that it is fair that I was still banned even after a case review, and I feel that it is unfair that it was a perma ban that I recieved. If I can I would like to speak to
    a Xbox Enforcement or Xbox Support representitive to work out something to where I get to keep my account, but have some restricted privliges like, no more custom gamertags and no custom gamerpics.

-A long time Xbox fan

:)

Friendofyou, Jan 18, 2019
  2. H3PA80R Win User

I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re just going to hate)

Hi. Sorry for your issue.

You could only contact the Enforcement Team by using the case review: https://enforcement.xbox.com/

Sorry but there is no other way..
  3. nehneh Win User

I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re just going to hate)

it really depends what you added as your profile pic but im guessing its not bad since your appeling it? me myself got just now banned for calling a twa** a twa** when he was abusing me in game, and i've now decided im done whit this system and will go
    to pc and steam. (been on this system non stopearly 2004) this system is so unfair and i've had enough getting abused by this system when i've put so many hours of my life and so much money.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

I'm sorry, the case review process is the only way to contact the Enforcement Team.
  5. Friendofyou Win User

That’s tough, I wish they werent so harsh, I’ve barely gotten comm banned so i dont know why it went straight to a perma ban
  6. ArminatorX Win User

[...] I have recently been perma banned on my account, Inclusionn. Someone that I was with within the past 2-3 days changed my gamer picture to something against the code of conduct. [...]
    Usually, Perma Bans are only issued after a thorough investigation and after you already received several temporary suspensions for "minor" violations, or if that was an egregious violation of the Code of Conduct.

Since you say "someone [...] changed my gamer picture" you seem to have given someone access to your account, which is against the Microsoft Terms of Use, and YOU are ALWAYS responsible for what happens with your account.

Since you already "used up" your Case Review, my advice won't be of much help. In that case you should have contacted the Enforcement Team through the Case Review, and tell them, that someone used your account without your authorization.

As long as it wasn't your fault that someone else seized access to your account without your authorization, they could overrule the permanent suspension, if they see that you took precaution to prevent unauthorized access in the future, by enabling Two Step
    Verification for example on the
    account security proof page

However, depending on what you already told them in your original Case Review, it might not be reasonable to argue with an unauthorized access issue.

I'm very sorry to say that, but depending on how that other person got access to your account, and depending on what you wrote in your original Case Review, they probably won't change the decision about your permanent ban.
Thema:

1. I would like to defend myself on a permanent ban (please don’t comment on this if you’re... - Similar Threads - defend myself permanent

2. i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens: i've had conflict with a few guys for a couple months now, but they haven't been annoying for a while, until earlier today. I had forgotten to block his main account as he always uses an alt for...
  3. How do I defend myself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I defend myself??: [Mod removed] Last night I upset someone online. Shock horror. So he then proceeded to contact me on multiple accounts and abuse the system to report me on all his accounts resulting in me...
  4. I was just com banned for defending myself after being harassed and called a slur over my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was just com banned for defending myself after being harassed and called a slur over my...: I dont know how to post screenshots here, and since i dont meet the reddit point requirements on the xbox forum there ill just have to go with this in hopes that some sort of change can be made....
  5. Why can Xbox just ban me from coms and multiplayer without me being able to defend myself?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can Xbox just ban me from coms and multiplayer without me being able to defend myself?: I have been banned for 2 days and because it’s only 2 days I cannot defend myself or get it overturned but las time I checked I paid money for my service so your taking days off of my paid for...
  6. What is the point of an appeal if I don't get to defend myself against an enforcement action?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the point of an appeal if I don't get to defend myself against an enforcement action?: I received a two-week account suspension, so multiplayer/social is unavailable. When I look at the enforcement action, it said there are no details as to why I was suspended. I submitted an appeal...
  7. Why do I get toxic players messaging me, I defend myself and get banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get toxic players messaging me, I defend myself and get banned?: It's been getting bad lately. I play a game and someone sends toxic messages and I stand up for myself only to be banned? I've reported people and it never works but I always seem to get banned in...
  8. How can I defend myself without getting banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I defend myself without getting banned?: Ok so its as simple as this; when i play sports games people get mad and message me. or in most scenarios they use voice chat to yell at me. so this morning i hopped on, played some 2k and was...
  9. How can I defend myself against bullying on Xbox? When I don't turn on Xbox at the moment...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I defend myself against bullying on Xbox? When I don't turn on Xbox at the moment...: How can I defend myself against bullying on Xbox, PC? When I don't turn on Xbox at the moment but do I play Xbox games via PC? One person is still reporting me. Reports my profile. Reports my...
  10. Not given a chance to defend myself for a 14 day suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not given a chance to defend myself for a 14 day suspension: Hi, my previous post got post locked and thrown in the trash. I'm being called a misogynist when I am not, that is defamation. Being threatened with my account being suspended for saying...