I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ...

Discus and support I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I went to sign in on my Xbox live profile after a couple years and not surprisingly forgot my password. So I was successful in signing in and changing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MattMackey, Sep 2, 2018.

1. MattMackey
    MattMackey Guest

I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ...

I went to sign in on my Xbox live profile after a couple years and not surprisingly forgot my password. So I was successful in signing in and changing the password but some how my email that was associated with my new gamer tag now has a new gamer tag
    and I still cannot sign in with the old one. Please help!

:)

MattMackey, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Recovering a gametag with a closed email

I recently lost my gamertag because my memory card went bad, when i went to recover it, the email i had associated with my gamertag was closed because it was an old school email. is there a way i can recover my gamertag and have it put under a new windows
    live id?

VoicefulWizard1, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Trying to recover old xbox gamertag without email

I Just got a new xbox one. I would like to recover my old xbox gamertag. I can still access it on my old xbox, however the email for that gamertag has been lost years ago. I have no way of recovering this email. However i still have the only xbox this gamer
    tag has logged in with. Also i haven't been an active xbox live user since 2010. Is it still possible for me to recover my old gamertag?

MarbleMars61070, Sep 2, 2018
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

in a situation like this it is best to contact Xbox Support so they can double check in there are now 2 Xbox Live Accounts connected to the same Microsoft Account (email) if that is the case they should be able to advise (and help out with) the steps you
    will need to take in order to get access again to the Old Xbox Live Account (Gamertag)

To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results

WPAK, Sep 2, 2018
  5. WPAK Win User

I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has a new gamertag and still no access to my old gamertag.

Hi there,

in a situation like this it is best to contact Xbox Support so they can double check in there are now 2 Xbox Live Accounts connected to the same Microsoft Account (email) if that is the case they should be able to advise (and help out with) the steps you
    will need to take in order to get access again to the Old Xbox Live Account (Gamertag)

To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results
  6. David McKenna Win User

hacked account

That's right NAFFRY, xbox support has confirmed this. On recovering my account, which i shouldn't have been able to do since they said they had locked it. Now i can't change my windows id password on my pc cos they want to send a reset to my old redundant
    email address. Can i change the password on my xbox thus avoiding this issue with my old email address?
  7. ChaoticCSG Win User

Windows Live ID ERROR

I have a similar problem. I had an old gamertag that is linked to my now main email address so I wanted to change it, but I had deleted the old gamertag from my xbox so I recovered/downloaded it, and tried to change my email and I got the "Your WILD cannot
    be changed withing 30 days of creating a gamertag or if you changed your WILD within the past 30 days." I see you had to recover your acccount too so maybe it has something to do with recovered accounts being mistaken for new accounts or something
  8. CorruptedGWN Win User

Trouble accessing an old account

Thanks for your response! I just finished figuring out my problem. What I had done was changed the settings on my old account so that emails about passwords and everything went to my new email so i was able to sign in and change the email to a new one.

I thought I had changed it so I could just log in with the new email on the old account.

I am now able to access both accounts with no issue.
  9. SteelyPenny1053 Win User

Account Doesn't Exists?

kinda same issue here.

so two years ago i deleted my ms account now two years late got a xbox one and created a new account but now i want my old gamertag back so thinking my old account had been deleted i tried to change my gamertag to my old gamertag but got a message that
    "that gamertag has already been taken" then i searched about that gamertag and found out that my old account hadnt been deleted yet and then when i tried to log in to my old account it said " there is no account by that email address". so i guess that old
    ms account got deleted but not the xbl account as i can still see my old gamertag,acchivement,account description and all.so is there any way to recover that old xbl account or the gamertag now by deleting that old xbl account so that gamertag be available
    to put in my new account?

im searching for a solution too.let me know if u find one.
Thema:

1. I went to recover my gamertag, put in the old email, changed password and now my old email has ... - Similar Threads - went recover gamertag

2. Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live streaming provider - something went wrong: Trying to stream on xbox series s. When pressing the streaming button in the menu I get an error “sorry something went wrong, please try again later”. Have had this for months now. Xbox updated...
  3. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  4. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  5. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  6. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  7. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  8. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  9. My refund on Xbox hasn’t went through

in XBoX on Windows
    My refund on Xbox hasn’t went through: I refunded a game about a month ago, and it ended up being approved for the refund, I was sent an email saying they would get back with me within 72 hours, I was then sent the same email 2 more...
  10. Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong: WHY WONT IT LET ME sign in my console to my Xbox app just trying to connect it to my console. 8998ecf8-199c-4f8b-924b-78934ba11c16