I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...

Discus and support I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I fix the controller and how can I play it again a529b7f5-cbd7-47a9-932c-b4c6b07b8967 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vlad_28, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Vlad_28
    Vlad_28 Guest

I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...

How do I fix the controller and how can I play it again

:)

Vlad_28, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons actually working is home button and left joystick I tried connecting a new controller it did not work

I appreciate your efforts. It looks like your controllers are faulty already. Be sure to check for controller firmware updates:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

To isolate more the issue, it would be best if you test your controllers to a different Xbox console. If they behave the same thing on a different console, I am afraid your controllers may need a replacement. If that's the case, you may check your replacement options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. Vlad_28 Win User

I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons actually working is home button and left joystick I tried connecting a new controller it did not work

I don’t know what a factory reset is
  4. Vlad_28 Win User

And I have been using a keyboard to navigate through all of this
  5. Rostom L Win User

Sure. If you could still navigate through the settings, try the steps below:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let’s work on this one.

What exactly is your Xbox console model?
    To confirm, the issue also persist on a different controller?

For our basic troubleshooting steps, please power cycle both your controllers and console:
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
    For your controllers, turn them off, remove batteries and wait few minutes before turning them back on.

To further isolate the issue, try connecting your controller directly to your console by using a USB cable. Let me know if it works fine.
Thema:

1. I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons... - Similar Threads - was playing rust

2. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  5. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  6. I am playing Mass Effect Legendary edition on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am playing Mass Effect Legendary edition on Xbox One X: Hey all why does my sound for ME1 keeping cutting in and out and i have tried to play with favor framerate and have also tried favor graphics but both options have resulted in sound cutting out...
  7. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  8. Can’t play my game rust even though I have Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play my game rust even though I have Xbox live: It says can not connect to Xbox live 3b4712a6-9b65-4ff2-ab00-fa749159ae20
  9. Can I play rust with the same person that game shared it with me at the same time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play rust with the same person that game shared it with me at the same time?: Can I play rust with the same person that game shared it with me at the same time? 836b868f-8c4a-4473-84e7-854492463efc
  10. Rust Beta Insider Can't Play Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Rust Beta Insider Can't Play Beta: I am an alpha insider and opted into the Rust Beta but can't play, is anyone having the same issue? submitted by /u/Maniacal_Lycan [link] [comments]