I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...

Discus and support I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/_Azu___ [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_Azu___, Sep 29, 2020.

1. /u/_Azu___
    /u/_Azu___ Guest

I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...

/u/_Azu___, Sep 29, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

My xbox one deleted an app, I can't afford constant updates. Hating this, never buying another xbox console, game or microsoft product.

If you cancel the update mid-stream you essentially have corrupted the game install. The Xbox is updating the game software as it is downloading the patch that way it does not have to reserve hard drive space for a potentially large patch. Users would
    be complaining why cant I use my entire hard drive.

Turn off automatic updates.

Put it offline.

FYI PC's also have an auto-update mode now as well.
  3. AridLizard Win User

Pause download issue

You can click on Pause All if you go on queue when you update or download any games or updates. You will see on this screec Cancel ALL button and Pause ALL button.
    Yeah that's fine and all but i cant do that from the quick menu. I only see that option in the games & apps menu. I cant hit the guide button and do that mid game. It should be that quick and easy.

the only option then is to turn off auto updates in the settings before you start an online session.

you will have to check for updates periodically (or you will get a prompt to update when starting a game or app) but you won't have updates using your bandwidth while playing online.
  4. Twizted Team Win User

Constant console updates - kicking me out of games etc.

@Alissa914

Sure I can invite you! Regarding the auto updates while your Xbox is off, yes my console does this when I have Instant-on enabled with auto updates.
  5. Koods Win User

Xbox One X Freeze when game or app update

When you say freeze during an update, do you mean freeze while it's downloading or while/after it has installed? It might be an idea if you wish to have more control over it to turn off auto-updates, the difficulty there being that you'd have to manually
    update the console & games which may give issues when trying to play games which then turn out to need an update. That would in essence give you the ability to say "OK so I wanna play games at 6pm but don't want to do anything at 10am, so I'll update at 10am"
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

XBOX One X wakes up external harddrive all the time

Mine has been doing the same thing I just turned off auto updates for games and apps and when I turn it off I unplug the HDD
Thema:

1. I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has... - Similar Threads - was game while

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?: I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I...
  4. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  5. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  6. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  7. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  8. Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.: Additionally, Ive tried using both LAN and WiFi to download games yet it still wasn't successful at all. When doing network tests it says that Upload Speed and MTU are unavailable. Although...
  9. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  10. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662