I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after...

Discus and support I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to get a clear answer on this matter, but Xbox Support is only directing me to these "Virtual Support Bots", who reiterate the same reason... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JoshDude101, Nov 17, 2022.

1. JoshDude101
    JoshDude101 Guest

I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after...

I'm trying to get a clear answer on this matter, but Xbox Support is only directing me to these "Virtual Support Bots", who reiterate the same reason why I need to talk to a human being to get some actual justification on the matter. The LFG post in question reads as follows: "Cayo b2b, got pd + 3g, ill go first just have the same or better." I have NO idea what part of this post warranted a comms ban, seeing as there is NO usage of profanity, NO form of harassment towards any person or people, and NO ill will of any kind. According to Xbox, this post "violated the Community Standards," which is the ONLY justification, if you can call it that, that was given. This tells me absolutely nothing about why the ban was given, nor am I given an option to submit a case review to dispute it. The ONLY probable explanation as to why this ban occurred, that I can think of, was blind misinterpretation of the acronyms in the text, so if there are any moderators reading this, allow me to clarify:

Cayo stands for the CAYO PERICO Heist in GTA 5

b2b means BACK TO BACK, as in whoever I do this heist with, we will repeatedly run this heist until we're done.

pd stands for PINK DIAMOND, and 3g stands for THREE GOLD PILES, which both mean that this is the loot that I have available for my saved heist....

I don't see what part of any of this violates ANY community standards, but I'm not gonna spend any more time dealing with automated explanations. Xbox, Xbox Support, or whoever oversees this, it needs to be stated that mindless actions like these are RIDICULOUS, and I don't know which issue I should be mad about more: the fact that I was banned for something as innocent as this with ZERO justification, OR the fact that the ban was given SEVERAL MONTHS after the post was made. I'm gonna need some answers, because this is unacceptable.
    I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after... [​IMG]

:)

JoshDude101, Nov 17, 2022
  2. r.styles Win User

I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after making it. WHY!?

I got a 48 hour ban for questioning when a fix will implemented I told the truth that I deleted the game and won't be purchasing the next dlc pass until a fix is implemented I used the word "dang" apparently its against community standards ive been on x live for over 15 years never had a single issue ban or otherwise yet reading the other comments they are far worse than mine and contain curse words I would not like to repeat yet that's considered ok.. 48 hours isn't long and I won't be able to get back online until this Saturday afternoon anyway so won't affect Me that much but it's kinda a joke when a patch to upgrade a game to series x broke it making the game unplayable..
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after making it. WHY!?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this JOSHDUDE101

Just to let you know, enforcement actions are not always issued based in your latest activity.

Would be great to assist you on this one, but unfortunately no one here including Microsoft customer support is capable to assist you with suspensions or enforcement actions.

Because is not possible to access to your account and enforcement details.

Unfortunately 48 hours suspensions can't be appealed because the enforcement team takes up to 72 hours to review your ticket
  4. JoshDude101 Win User

Thanks for the reply Josef,

My main concern isn't appealing the 48-hour ban, I can 100% live with that. What I really want to know is WHY this ban occurred; what their reasoning behind it was. Their vagueness behind it is the equivalent of walking down the street, minding my own business, and getting arrested out of nowhere, except when I ask why I'm being arrested, the cop will simply tell me "Because you broke a law". If I'm going to get any kind of suspension or ban, I expect to be told what I did wrong. This feels more like an annoying prank than a disciplinary action to me.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, this is only my opinion. Don’t take it as the exact reason because as I said, no one can give you an exact reason here. Only guess

Reading the LFG description, looks like you want to trade items inside the game.
    Trading, selling services or items are not allowed, as the LFG says, the purpose is just look for a group and play together
  6. Greeniekilla420 Win User

Got comm banned for something I already served

Well if u were able look at my lfg history havent posted anything i got comm banned like a few weeks ago for posting something on lfg but since then havent posted anything just got comm banned for something that already was reported and already served so why did i get comm bann again when i didnt post anything the comm ban from lfg
Thema:

1. I was given a 2-day comms ban for a standard LFG post for GTA 5, several months after... - Similar Threads - was given comms

2. Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?

in XboX Insiders
    Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?: Swear this is the 3rd pizza-related question in a row now. submitted by /u/Rookie385 [link] [comments]
  3. Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...: I keep getting banned for no reason at all and I need help figuring this out ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other*** 5b6ca4f3-ad78-439e-a7c1-9838c7b868eb
  4. Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Xbox live today for no reason nor was I given one: Today I was told that my Xbox live account is suspended indefinitely for violating community standards. I appealed and it was denied with, again, no explanation as to why! This isn’t fair as I’m...
  5. I was given a temporary suspension and 3 strikes for capturing a Baldur's Gate 3 Game Clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was given a temporary suspension and 3 strikes for capturing a Baldur's Gate 3 Game Clip.: Last night while in the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my...
  6. Why have a been given to strikes on Xbox with no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have a been given to strikes on Xbox with no reason: Hi , does anyone know why this might be , I don’t play with anyone else or use a mic to talk in game chats , yet logged on Xbox and been hit with a 2 day ban with no reasoning just locked out of...
  7. My son's account got perma banned when we were away, no reason given, no details (all boxes...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's account got perma banned when we were away, no reason given, no details (all boxes...: Hi, I have a family account that has both my son's xbox account on it and mine. We were were away on holiday and returned home to find his account had been perman banned (and IP banned) so I...
  8. How can I verify my account given these circumstances?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I verify my account given these circumstances?: I have an issue with logging into my Microsoft account. One night I was playing on my Xbox then the next day I turn it on then it asks me to verify the account. The account I play on was given to...
  9. Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...: I keep getting banned for no reason at all and I need help figuring this out 5b6ca4f3-ad78-439e-a7c1-9838c7b868eb
  10. My account was suspended with 0 details given or reason behind any sort of infraction

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was suspended with 0 details given or reason behind any sort of infraction: I have no idea what this is for or why my account is having issues. This same thing happened less than a few weeks ago and the appeal was denied. I would like clarification on what is going on...