I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i...

Discus and support I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I Logged on to minecraft cause I havent played in a few months and when I did, microsoft had asked me to make a new account. I previously had an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shostopshorty, Mar 21, 2023.

1. I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i...

I Logged on to minecraft cause I havent played in a few months and when I did, microsoft had asked me to make a new account. I previously had an account on this same email so I thought it was weird. I read that the new name needs to be 12 characters or under. I made the new account but still see my old account on the launcher. When I went to play the game on the new account it is making me buy the game again. I have tried setting my old account 'as active' but i believe since it no longer meets the requirements for being a usable name it will no longer allow me to sign in. How do i get this account back?
    I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i... [​IMG]

As you can see in the above picture, my original account is greyed out and is unable to be logged in. When I check my purchases from microsoft from this email none of my games are linked either.

:)

Shostopshorty, Mar 21, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i still see it on the launcher. How can I log into my old account?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i still see it on the launcher. How can I log into my old account?

4. Shostopshorty Win User

I have reached out to Mojang to see if they can help out on the minecraft end of the migration to see if it was somehow changed when I had to make a new account but this still doesn't help me with my microsoft games. I still have questions on why I am unable to play other games I have bought that I still have installed from the microsoft store. I bought Halo Wars 2 and have it installed, but when I load the game up when I go to login it gives me an error. I have the order number and date of purchase for this if that is needed just let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the error I get when launching the game and trying to login. I have no clue why this happens. This is on pc but when I click on more info it says its a 'membership upgrade or purchase error code from an xbox console'. If you all could help that would be great.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Shostopshorty,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Try logout and login on the launcher.

Then try to login here: Log in | Minecraft

[​IMG]

Once login, it will show the accounts you owned.

Also reach out to Mojang so that they can cross validate which account you used to Migrate: Contact Us | Minecraft Help

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. CarTzy Win User

I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account minecraft everytime I log into my account and try go on old one it takes me to the new one

Hi!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
Thema:

I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i...

1. I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account but i... - Similar Threads - was forced create

2. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  3. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  6. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  7. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  8. Can i get a refund for jump force ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i get a refund for jump force ?: I have been an off and on player on jump force since its release and played the entire first 2 years. I spent $100 on the deluxe preorder and an additional $30+ on DLCs that were not included with...
  9. I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was forced to create a new account and it wont allow me to log into my old account...: I made a minecraft account this month and then tried logging in today and it forced me to make a new account and now Ive lossed all my progress and when I try switch to the other account it puts...
  10. I was forced to create a new gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was forced to create a new gamer tag: I wanted to download the Minecraft launcher and I've had the game on my account for years but today when I logged in with my Microsoft account, it asked me to create a new gamer tag. My old gamer...