I want to use only my headset mic, not my laptop's mic array

Discus and support I want to use only my headset mic, not my laptop's mic array in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a Razer Kraken X Headset during Cyber Monday and it thankfully came in yesterday. Unfortunately, when I tried connecting my headset, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mocalattes, Dec 1, 2022.

1. mocalattes
    mocalattes Guest

I purchased a Razer Kraken X Headset during Cyber Monday and it thankfully came in yesterday. Unfortunately, when I tried connecting my headset, my laptop only recognized the output audio and not the input. When looking into it, I noticed that the only mic that it detected was a "mic array," and not the headset mic itself. I've tried every possible fix for it (updating drivers, going onto control panel/device manager and editing stuff, enabling mic on applications, etc.) however, my laptop only recognizes the headset as an output audio. No problems with the headset's output sound quality whatsoever, in fact I'm very pleased with the sound output, but the mic of this headset is not recognizable at all. I've tried all the playback I could, lightly tapping my headset mic to see if it changed in anyway, but it only detects the mic array.

I use an Acer Aspire 5 model name A515-55-582M and I know that this problem isn't based around hardware. I am able to use my karaoke mic properly with my laptop's audio jack, and the headset's mic works perfectly on my phone/ipad/family computer. I know my laptop isn't a gaming one by any means, but my mic is super important because I am a dungeon master who uses discord to communicate. Any help would be great

:)

mocalattes, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this mocalattes

May I know if you're able to test the microphone on a PC?

In that way we can know if Windows or a third party app in your PC is causing the problem

In the meantime we can try to isolate the problem a bit more:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily

Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. (It may not be directly related, but it is worth covering this possibility)

Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. f00xm4n Win User

Have Microsoft made a case for Kinect 2.0?

Of course the headset mic could send it to the Kinect instead of using its own four mic array, meaning the kinect would have to be plugged in so its DSP etc can be used. :) just a posibility
  4. IN YO FACE 86 Win User

Headphones on Xbox app

The buzzing stop but now when I mute my headset people can still hear me because my Laptop Mic is on and I don't know how to turn it off with out muting my Headset mic
  5. DK KaOTiK Win User

Question about Headsets and Xbox One.

I use a BenQ Monitor with HDMI...I also have my Astros A40 plugged in and using my headset for Audio....only thing at this time is the Mic will not work with the Headset....You can use the Headset/Mic they gave for your sound and Mic as well until the adapter
    is released.
  6. VoodooGTS Win User

Can I output users voice to the TV?

I do not want kinect as my mic. i want to use my headset mic for my voice and and hear peoples voice through my TV speakers.
Thema:

1. I want to use only my headset mic, not my laptop's mic array - Similar Threads - headset mic laptop's

2. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  3. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  4. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  5. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  6. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...
  7. RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.

in XBoX on Consoles
    RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic is not picking up my voice as loud as it should be.: My RIG 700 PRO HX Wireless Headset mic Was working completely fine when I first got it but then I stoped playing for a week and so I didn't use the headset and now I'm back and now the mic works...
  8. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  9. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  10. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this: I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for...