I want to update my warranty information

Discus and support I want to update my warranty information in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to reach out to Microsoft support to update my warranty information for my Wireless controller correctly in the system, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by burn1337, Nov 9, 2021.

1. burn1337
    burn1337 Guest

Hi all, I am trying to reach out to Microsoft support to update my warranty information for my Wireless controller correctly in the system, but it seems really difficult to get hold of a tech support agent. Is there any way I can get in touch with the support team? I feel the self-help is useless and "Request a Call" is always showing unavailable. I have been trying to reach Microsoft support for some time now. I'm starting to lose hope in Microsoft products due to their poor accessibility for support when needed most.

:)

burn1337, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello burn1337 , this procedure can only be done by Xbox support, the ideal is to contact via chat, because they will need your purchase invoice of the console so they can do the update in the system.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us?index...
  3. ngocphi Win User

What update do you need

Unless you purchase a elite controller

You only get 90 days with any controller unless it is warranty repair the ita 90 days after that

Elite havr a year warranty hence the extra cost

Controllers purchased with a console only has 90day warranty not a year

The only exception to this is ms complete which you have to purchase and is applied directly to your ms account that you registered your console with

Controllers don't come with a very long warranty

They never have

Only exception is the joycons but thar was subject of a class action lawsuit which nintendo settled with an temporary replacement regardless of warranty status (seems to be ending soon with nintendo saying joycon drift has ended

Or.if you bought it used then it is upto your store not ms unless you are lucky and it's a open box which case it's the original purchaser purchase date not yours
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Updating warranty information

which store did you purchase from
  5. AridLizard Win User

6. ArtfulGrunt94 Win User

Thema:

1. I want to update my warranty information - Similar Threads - update warranty information

2. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  3. Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase - South Africa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase - South Africa: HI, How do we contact xbox support in south africa. The only thing we can do is chat to an AI bot which is not very helpful. I need to chat with the xbox support team regarding updating the...
  4. I want to know if i can update my Series X console warranty as it has expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know if i can update my Series X console warranty as it has expired: Hi everyone, i had purchased my Xbox Series X console on 4th February 2022. My console warranty expired on 2nd May 2023. I would like to know if i can extend my console warranty by any chance, as...
  5. My warranty date is displayed incorrectly for xbox controller. How to update the same?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My warranty date is displayed incorrectly for xbox controller. How to update the same?: I am India and I unable to contact support either through customer care or using request a call back. Please help. 184621ef-3174-475e-b73a-bb06fb1c8651
  6. I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...: I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite Series Core 2 Controller warranty period, as it is incorrect and I haven’t gotten my full year since registering it. In South Africa the...
  7. how do i update my Warranty on my xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i update my Warranty on my xbox 360?: my xbox wont log in to xbox live and i think its because of my Warranty anyone wanna help? 184b0cbd-be6b-433c-a7bf-1d8bb80b3a66
  8. How do I update my Xbox Wireless Series X warranty?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I update my Xbox Wireless Series X warranty?: It shows as expired even though I just bought it. I tried getting in touch with Microsoft, through the virtual agent and through their IVR call, but it was of no help. Virtual agent takes me till...
  9. Update warranty period for new xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update warranty period for new xbox controller: I recently bought a new xbox controller and registered it to my Microsoft account. After registration, it shows that my warranty has expired 3 months ago. I have the proofs for my purchase and I'm...
  10. Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller: I just bought a new xbox series x controller, on registering the device warranty is showing as already expired. I want to update the warranty from the date of my purchase. I tried reaching out to...