I want to stop my son from downloading free games.

Discus and support I want to stop my son from downloading free games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to stop my son from downloading free games on Xbox game pass. Is this possible? I’ve set up his own account and put all the age restriction on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by chris berry1, Dec 27, 2022.

1. chris berry1
    chris berry1 Guest

I want to stop my son from downloading free games on Xbox game pass. Is this possible? I’ve set up his own account and put all the age restriction on it. I’ve stopped him downloading paid for games as there is no card details on his account. I want to stop him downloading free games as he is autistic and will just fill the Xbox up with junk games and won’t be able to use it properly.

:)

chris berry1, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Chris, unfortunately it is not possible to prevent something of this kind from the catalog in free games, what I can suggest is that if you have the Xbox with the automatic login mode in the account, you change it to the mode where it asks for a PIN to enter the account, or even the mode that prompts for the account password.

That way he would no longer be able to download the free games, and to play them he would have to log in.
  3. EmilEngelman III Win User

On demand TIme limits

i have the circle app and it will not stop my son from playing a game on the XBOX. all the ISP apps and routers do it stop my son from accessing the internet and or filter the internet. WIth Microsoft Family time limits, Microsoft will stop my son
    from being able to play a Xbox Game at a certain time and or request more game time. I do not think the ISP apps or router can do that. If they can please let me know which one.
  4. tammymzs3 Win User

cant download gunstringer.

I didn't do anything different at all other than restarting the download. It went from 1% to 6% in a matter of seconds, then it continued on all day and finally downloaded. We did find that if you are playing other games, it tries to stop the download,
    so watch that. If you catch it, it will resume from where it stopped. Go into your download history and click on "download again" and se what happens. My son seems to really like the game. Best of luck to you.
  5. baljitkaur1 Win User

Upset gamer mocked autism and threatened to *Mod Removed* didn't violate ToS?

My son told me someone keep killing him in game and he wants to do something and he said stop killing me i want a play that's all i don't know why they stop his live gold may be someone report thats not good and i don't know to much ab9 xbox we just buy
    for fun what things make my son sad than why we waste our money now i am thinking that let me what my son did wrong and why from your end stop his microphone and text service
  6. OakGill Win User

game with easy achievements

If you have Xbox game pass ultimate subscription, feel free to play the tracks train game. It is a easy 1000 gamerscore, and is actually very fun. I still have this game downloaded to this day for when I want to relive building trains with my son.
Thema:

1. I want to stop my son from downloading free games. - Similar Threads - stop son downloading

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it ?: How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it? ed596ed3-2a8c-4b8c-8f65-69f921007ba8
  5. How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage...: My son keeps making purchases with oh my permission. Can I stop this on my phone (linked to his account) rather than going on his Xbox? 1fe694d2-62bf-4279-8a96-f2f43e195827
  6. How can I get my gamertag to stop going on the xbox when I need my sons on there ..it keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my gamertag to stop going on the xbox when I need my sons on there ..it keeps...: I'm having a problem with trying to put epic games account on it since he has fortnite from Nintendo switch it keeps putting my gamertag when it finds console and its through his epic account.how...
  7. My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...: My son xbox mini fridge stop working . Blink green on top and fan doesn't spin nomore 0115569e-8484-458d-a407-1f2fb89af573
  8. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.: My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there. To cut a long story short,...
  9. Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online: My son has an xbox 360 and we got him an xbox 1 for xmas. I used my live account from the 360 to sign into the xbox 1, and added my 8yo son, I had no option but to create him a live account which...
  10. XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...: I don't have a problem with him on Xbox 360 Live and paying for that, but he is downloading a bunch of maps and games now that cost over $2 per..and a $16 game. If he would ask, I would probably...