I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account...

Discus and support I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account wont save any of my game progress and I will have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cid2009, Nov 28, 2022.

1. cid2009
    cid2009 Guest

I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account...

I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account wont save any of my game progress and I will have to restart

:)

cid2009, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account wont save any of my game progress and I will have to restart

Hi cid2009,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

Your data is stored on both your hard drive and in the cloud. Xbox keeps your important data in sync, so you don't lose anything when you use a friend or family member's console, or even when you switch to a new console.

Note You must have a regular connection to Xbox to keep your data in sync. Playing offline may cause your cloud data to become out of sync. Your data updates each time you connect to Xbox.

If you have more than one Xbox console, or if you want to play games at a friend's house, you can store your saved games on Xbox servers in the cloud and pick right back up where you left off.

For more details and to answer your questions about cloud saving kindly refer to this link. Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support.

We hope we informed you well. If you have more clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello cid2009,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. HUNGRY hippoes3 Win User

Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once

Yup I'm using an xbox slim, with a 360's hard drive. It's basically the same thing just had a different case that I replaced with an empty slim hard drive case. My parents had gotten me a 360 hard drive for chrismas after I had bought my slim a while ago.
    That's kinda weird though that you'd only be able to see 2 USB's at a time.. Any idea if the xbox still reads data from it or am I limited to two at a time?
  5. SSG Predat0r Win User

If you go digital be prepared....

that or just buy an external hard drive. Example I have a 2 TB hard drive attached to my xbox one and on top of that I have replace my Internal Xbox Hard drive with a 1 TB Hard drive.

Those are the 2 options you can do if you don't want to delete anything.
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

I want to replace my Original Xbox One with a One S or an X but i am worried about my Home Xbox Settings.

Hi there,

The steps JhonSnow777 describe are for transferring licenses from one Xbox 360 to another, which won't work in your case.

On an Xbox One (OG, S, or X), if you want to play the games that have been purchased, the purchasing account has to make the console it's home console, or the purchasing account has to be logged into the console.

If the games were purchased on your friend's account, your friend will need to make the new console his account's home console, other wise his account will need to be logged in for you to play them.

More info on how the home console setting works can be found
    here

I do recommend checking out the link JhonSnow777 provided for upgrading a console. It does contain some very useful information.
Thema:

1. I want to replace my hard drive in my xbox one s but I am worried after i log in my account... - Similar Threads - replace hard drive

2. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  3. Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support: Hi I have a set of xbox wireless headphones. I stood on them by mistake and landed up bbreaking the side support section - see attached- does anyone have an older unit(even wired) that i can...
  4. Xbox one S hard drive replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S hard drive replacement: So lately my xbox one s hard drive has become really loud and very slow. I tried replacing it with a 480gb ssd but it seemed to be incompatible due to its unusual size. Are there any specific hard...
  5. Replacing fried windows10 hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Replacing fried windows10 hard drive.: My windows 10 hard drive is fried. I am unable to get anything off of it and of course it will not boot up. I have a new 500 GIG SSD I wish to replace it with. How do I do the replacement?...
  6. How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i format my internal hard drive to use in my xbox as a replacement?: my hard drive broke so i bought a new one what will i have to do to make it work without ban d381c411-13c8-4c13-bf10-3a2ad7775234
  7. Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update: Hey all I'll try to keep it brief and succinct, and happy to answer any further questions regarding what I have attempted. Mainly posting to bring more attention to what seems to be a pre...
  8. E102 after replacing dead hard drive, os version is latest

in XboX Insiders
    E102 after replacing dead hard drive, os version is latest: Hi all, I recently had to replace my original Xbox One's hard drive and am now getting e102, then e106. After them i have the e101 when trying to usb update. Can anyone help OS Version is...
  9. XBOX Series S - Unable to load OSU1 after replacement hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S - Unable to load OSU1 after replacement hard drive: Hi All, Can anyone assist? I have an old XBOX One Series S, which suffered a failure a year or so back. I decided to repair it recently - I replaced the hard drive with a 1TB SSD, because I...
  10. Hard drive replacement on Xbox One (not X or S) and ban from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive replacement on Xbox One (not X or S) and ban from xbox live: Hi everyone. I recently purchased an older version of Xbox One (not X, S or Digital Edition) for about 45 USD and I want to replace the internal drive with an SSD, for I am really worried about...