I want to factory reset an xbox one that does not have a faceplate or sensor ribbon. only...

Discus and support I want to factory reset an xbox one that does not have a faceplate or sensor ribbon. only... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox one had a software update that caused a black screen I know the xbox works fine but I have no way to do the factory reset because I can't hold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VoguishTech115, Jul 11, 2021.

1. I want to factory reset an xbox one that does not have a faceplate or sensor ribbon. only...

The xbox one had a software update that caused a black screen I know the xbox works fine but I have no way to do the factory reset because I can't hold down the buttons required to do the factory reset. Can I touch any parts of the board to cause the factory reset or do I have to buy a replacement faceplate and ribbon?

:)

VoguishTech115, Jul 11, 2021
  2. WilliamBelmont Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Randomly Beeps and Shuts off, and randomly turns on.

I think a bug may be stuck on the sensor or sensor chip behind the faceplate, I tried to blow the unit out w/ compressed air but havent found a way to blow out behind the faceplate.
  3. DerVaddi Win User
  4. ebonylouisee Win User

Xbox 360 Slim turning itself off..

Turns out the faceplate and the sensor cable was a little dodgy. Took the faceplate off completely and used the controller to turn the console on and it's been fine ever since. I'll head online and grab a new faceplate and all should be good! Thank you!
  5. GrinningBread92 Win User

screen dim after update

Common problem since NXOE, particularly with consoles with the Kinect sensor enabled. I think it is an OS issue since the problem started with the NXOE update.

Some have done hard resets, factory resets which may/may not solve the issue (I have posted about this several times and reported it to MS). I don't know if this is limited to consoles with the Kinect sensor or those without the sensor also have it.

I have not tried disabling and unplugging the sensor completely when videos are played (this also affects any video streaming app), but if it is the case where it only does it with the Kinect enabled and active, the only cause is the Kinect driver package
    in the OS is faulty and MS has to redo that part of the OS completely.

Ever since the NXOE update, the Kinect has had major problems with its operation on many levels, I have noted this issue here several times and think the Kinect driver package and use is the main issue, where hard resets and factory resets don't solve the
    problem.

I would like to know if this issue exists without the Kinect.
  6. Hellhog Win User

Controller Help

A new 360 Elite? The "Elite" model is quite old, was it used? If so, there is possiblty a reason the orignal owners don't have it anymore. If no controller or remote is connecting, then it sounds like an issue with
    the IR sensor (that shiny black ovular shaped thing on the faceplate). I recomend removing the faceplate and putting it back on. If that doesn't work, maybe replacing the faceplate, make sure the IR is plugging in all the way. If not, just return it.
Thema:

I want to factory reset an xbox one that does not have a faceplate or sensor ribbon. only...

1. I want to factory reset an xbox one that does not have a faceplate or sensor ribbon. only... - Similar Threads - factory reset does

2. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  3. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  4. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  5. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  6. Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.: -Not muted -Nobody can hear me in party chat, and the pink circle that indicates you are talking never expands -Game audio works on headset -To hear party chat on the headset I must set chat...
  7. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  8. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  9. Does switching from Omega to Delta preview require a factory reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Does switching from Omega to Delta preview require a factory reset?: Been in the insider program for over 4 years and never switched previews but wanna give it a try. However I get the warning that it may cause a factory reset. If it is guaranteed to require a...
  10. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f