I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by...

Discus and support I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV (Sharp). What setting do I need to choose... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wendy Curcio, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Wendy Curcio
    Wendy Curcio Guest

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by...

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control.

My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV (Sharp).

What setting do I need to choose to control volume with my remote?

:)

Wendy Curcio, Apr 6, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV Sharp. What setting do I need to choose?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

First, make sure your Xbox One is connected to your TV via HDMI.

Next, connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable.

On your Sharp TV, go to the audio settings menu and select "HDMI Audio Output."

Select the HDMI port to which your Bose Soundbar is connected.

Once the HDMI connection is established, the audio from your Xbox One should be routed through your TV and into your Soundbar.

Now, you should be able to control the volume of your Bose Soundbar using your Xbox One remote.
  3. Wendy Curcio Win User

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV Sharp. What setting do I need to choose?

Thank you Anderson.

I have confirmed that my Xbox One is connected thru via HDMI (#3).

My Bose Sound Bar is connected thru HDMI (#1)

I also have an Amazon Fire stick connected via HDMI (#4). the remote control for that device works perfectly.

My Tv is using Aquos Link

When I use the volume control on my Xbox remote, this message pops up.

"Set up device control to adjust Tv Audio"
  4. FarazGafoor Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).
  5. Ambiguous619 Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I also have my soundbar hooked up thru an optical cord to my Xbox1, with a subwoofer running thru the soundbar. I have been unable to get voice commands to work to control volume but the sound does play, but I must use the soundbar remote to change the volume.
    Which is a little disappointing!!
  6. Norcetto Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Volume Problems

Some more information:

If I remove my Sony soundbar from my device list on my One, the Media Remote controls the TV volume flawlessly. It also controls the cable box flawlessly. So it's some sort of issue with the soundbar.

Smart Glass works great and my soundbar turns on and off with my system without fail, so I know the IR blaster works and is set properly for it.

But when I try and specifically control me soundbar with my media remote, it only works in strange places in the room. Within 5 feet or past 15, or up against the wall in front of the receiver.

It sounds like the Kinect IR signals are being interfered with somehow by the remote IR signals..
Thema:

1. I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by... - Similar Threads - control volume remote

2. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  3. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  4. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  5. Xbox elite controller 2 Volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller 2 Volume: I've had my controller programmed to let my paddles control my volume for months now. Out of the blue the volume option stopped working. I know for a fact the paddles are fine but the volume...
  6. Volume buttons on a Xbox controller

in XboX Insiders
    Volume buttons on a Xbox controller: What if the Xbox controller had volume buttons on the left and right side of USB c port. Pairing button center and above USB c port. Maybe thunderbolt instead of HDMI for TV's? submitted by...
  7. Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control: Hello, I recently upgraded from the Xbox One X to the Series X earlier this month. In the same time, I have decided to cut the cord on cable and only go with streaming services. The Series X will...
  8. Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore: As of the last few weeks, probably since the console update, my Series S will no longer adjust the volume on my Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver, which it had been doing just fine until a few weeks ago. Is...
  9. XBox WIreless Headset rotating volume control fallen off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox WIreless Headset rotating volume control fallen off: My Microsoft Wireless XBox headset is just outside of the 12 month warranty (UK) and on picking it up the volumn control dial fell off, on looking it would seem that either glue has failed or the...
  10. Is there a way to fix my controller when I tap the D pad my volume goes down and I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix my controller when I tap the D pad my volume goes down and I just...: I just bought the controller and I didn’t drop it either. 55637881-e95b-4e40-9ad9-370c671c7edd