I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...

Discus and support I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have email A as my primary alias. I want to make email B my new primary alias and remove email A as an alias. For now, I have both emails as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kevin Efovi, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Kevin Efovi
    Kevin Efovi Guest

I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...

So I have email A as my primary alias. I want to make email B my new primary alias and remove email A as an alias. For now, I have both emails as aliases and I can login to my microsoft minecraft account with either fine but what would happen if I removed email A? Would I still be able to login to my minecraft email? I really need advice please.

:)

Kevin Efovi, Jan 29, 2023
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Adresse de messagerie déjà prise -[Translation - Email address already taken]

Hello ChloéThery,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in

changing your primary alias
    . If you are receiving that error message, it means the email address you want to use is already the primary alias of a Microsoft account. You must first log in to that account. If you need help

resetting the password
    , you can use our support article. Once you have logged in to that account, you can change the primary alias for it. After you have set up a new primary alias on that account, you can remove the email that you want from it. At that
    point, you can go ahead and use that email address as the primary alias of your main account. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Transferer un compte xbox sur un autre compte microsoft -[Translation - Transfer an xbox account to another microsoft account]

Hello pirostheo game,

Thank you for keeping us updated. There is a way to manage the email addresses of each Microsoft account. You must first remove the email that you want to use as

the primary alias
    . Once the primary alias on the Microsoft account has been changed, you can use the email address that you want on a different Microsoft account. The main reason you have to take this step is because you cannot have the same primary alias
    for two different Microsoft accounts. It's basically just moving an email address from one Microsoft account to another. The article we provided contains steps on how to change the primary alias. You must do these steps for both accounts. Be sure to let us
    know the results!
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

How do I delete my xbox account??

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible to do. You might be able to add a new alias (Alias B) to your account and make that new alias the primary account (Alias A). Then create another email address(Alias C) and add your current email (Alias A) as a primary
    alias to that account

But since you can't transfer data from one account to another I'm guessing it's not something that's possible

You can find more information regarding what I'm talking about here:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Account-Profile/manage-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

[i][b]Warning[/b] When removing an email alias that’s a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can no
     longer be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft does not recycle email addresses, so it may not be reclaimed at a future time.
    [/i]
  6. MattyMidway Win User

Account help....

So, If I'm understanding your question, you have a gamertag tied your dad's email address that you want to tie to your email address instead, right?

In theory, as long as you have access to both accounts, you should be able to change the associated email addresses(s). You'll need to login to your old Microsoft account (dads) and change the primary email alias to the new email address you want to use.
    Before you can do that, you will need to login to your new account (with the email you want to use) and change the primary email alias to some other email account you have. Then, have your dad login to his account and change the primary email alias to the
    email you want to use instead. He would be forfeiting his account to you, but that is the only way to keep the old gamertag with your new email address. Keep in mind, if he is the primary account over a family of Microsoft accounts, this would transfer everything
    to you... in theory.
Thema:

1. I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure... - Similar Threads - change primary alias

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  4. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  5. Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...: We were unable to make ###@gmail.com your primary alias. Please try again later. This has been ongoing for nearly a month or more cf2aeaf8-61bc-4fd3-9b25-7d01e5aa7f91
  6. Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account: I am trying to update the primary alias on my Microsoft account. Microsoft does not allow this for this type of account, an XboxLiveFamily account. Instead, I am given the message "Your...
  7. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  8. How to change the primary alias of an account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the primary alias of an account?: I was hacked and the hacker changed my primary alias to their email. I got back in the account and changed everything back to my stuff but then when I went to try and change the primary alias it...
  9. I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.: I recently changed my primary alias email to my personal email and now I cant access my xbox game pass now as i sign in it says the account doesnt exist but it clearly does. What can I do to fix...
  10. How to change my primary alias from an xboxlivefamily.com account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my primary alias from an xboxlivefamily.com account: I have an xboxlivefamily.com account from about 12 years ago and I would like to change the email address. I know how the alias system works with Microsoft, however since it is an...