I want some actual support from Microsoft

Discus and support I want some actual support from Microsoft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the xbox one and besides some of the new features like the voice commands I am very disappointed. I am unable to use apps that I have spent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by robino907, Jan 7, 2014.

1. robino907
    robino907 Guest

I have the xbox one and besides some of the new features like the voice commands I am very disappointed. I am unable to use apps that I have spent money on on the xbox 360. For some reason you do not have nhl gamecenter. Another app that I pay to use that
    was supported on the 360 that for no obvious reason you left off the One. I also cannot chat with friends online or play multiplayer games with friends. I did your dumb NAT search. I'm not great with computers so I'm not 100% sure I understood what it was
    saying, but I can't believe that I have to change internet settings with my provider to use a feature that worked fine on an older console. I would normally not post this in a forum but this is the only way to voice any kind of issue with the product. I just
    don't understand how something as basic as Xbox live, that I have used for years on this internet is suddenly unable to operate correctly and it's just my problem now. So as of now I spent 500$ on a netflix player that I can talk to. I don't know in what world
    this is considered a finished product, I still use my 360 for most things because it works correctly. I doubt I will get any kind of response from anyone that can help me. But here's hoping this company cares about its customers even a little bit.

:)

robino907, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Xbox keyboard and mouse support presentation to developers

With Microsoft I do have some hope that this will actually be supported. PS3 had this support but as far as I know it was Unreal Tournament 3 and maybe one or two other titles that really used it.

But with Microsofts console I at least have some faith that it will be supported in first party games.

SilverEye1991, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Deanrockon
    Deanrockon Guest
    Face Off and Lost Girl missing from X-Box Video

It would be nice to have some actual "support" from this "support forum" letting us know whether or not this is the case, though.

Deanrockon, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Maytrix
    Maytrix Guest

It seems that you made the incorrect assumption that everything you could do on the 360 would be available on the Xbox One. While that might be nice, its just not true today. There's a lot of polishing that still needs to be done. Is it an unfinished
    product? Well.. that's hard to say - since it will always have updates, yes it probably is. It certainly seems more so when compared to the 360.

Why? Simple. In order to release when they did, things had to be left out. Everyone who bought had a choice. Buy today or wait. Personally, I'm happy with the gaming experience and know the rest will come. Even what is there today is good with voice
    commands, TV, Xbox music and video..etc. Everything else will come eventually.

Maytrix, Jan 7, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    When the 360 was launched, it was bare bones compared to what it is today. Besides, if you liked what was on the 360, why did you upgrade to a console that doesn't have much available content?

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  6. i don't think punishing people for assuming that an upgrade would be just that, an upgrade. The 360 was and continues to be a gem among gems. With that being said, progression to a point that would equal or exceed its predecessor is something anyone would
    expect. Instead we take a few steps back in the chain and this is just confusing to people. Many like myself weren't prepared for "less" than we have been accustomed too. Yes things will improve in time, but to make someone feel that they were negligent per
    say or to neglect the knowledge that the X1 would be deficient in so many areas is wrong. Just my 1.5 cents.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 10, 2014
  7. You should think of Xbox One at the beginning of its life cycle. You'll want to keep the 360 for a while longer which is in its prime. The new AMD I believe is not compatible at all with the PowerPC CPU in the 360 so nothing is compatible at all. Its a hard
    cut over. The voice recognition sucks at best. I'll be working in my home office and hear someone yelling at it in the living room. Of course I have to help them since it controls the TV. I still think they will make it better, 360 improved dramatically. Even
    though its glitchy and the DVD rom died I can't seem to live with out it. Game play is incredible. Lol

Calvin Luttrell, Oct 31, 2018
  8. PrimitiveMeat Win User

i don't think punishing people for assuming that an upgrade would be just that, an upgrade. The 360 was and continues to be a gem among gems. With that being said, progression to a point that would equal or exceed its predecessor is something anyone would
    expect. Instead we take a few steps back in the chain and this is just confusing to people. Many like myself weren't prepared for "less" than we have been accustomed too. Yes things will improve in time, but to make someone feel that they were negligent per
    say or to neglect the knowledge that the X1 would be deficient in so many areas is wrong. Just my 1.5 cents.
  9. Calvin Luttrell Win User

You should think of Xbox One at the beginning of its life cycle. You'll want to keep the 360 for a while longer which is in its prime. The new AMD I believe is not compatible at all with the PowerPC CPU in the 360 so nothing is compatible at all. Its a hard
    cut over. The voice recognition sucks at best. I'll be working in my home office and hear someone yelling at it in the living room. Of course I have to help them since it controls the TV. I still think they will make it better, 360 improved dramatically. Even
    though its glitchy and the DVD rom died I can't seem to live with out it. Game play is incredible. Lol
  10. Maytrix Win User

It seems that you made the incorrect assumption that everything you could do on the 360 would be available on the Xbox One. While that might be nice, its just not true today. There's a lot of polishing that still needs to be done. Is it an unfinished
    product? Well.. that's hard to say - since it will always have updates, yes it probably is. It certainly seems more so when compared to the 360.

Why? Simple. In order to release when they did, things had to be left out. Everyone who bought had a choice. Buy today or wait. Personally, I'm happy with the gaming experience and know the rest will come. Even what is there today is good with voice
    commands, TV, Xbox music and video..etc. Everything else will come eventually.
  11. CMUchippewa Win User

When the 360 was launched, it was bare bones compared to what it is today. Besides, if you liked what was on the 360, why did you upgrade to a console that doesn't have much available content?
  12. CarolineAllan Win User

Redeeming gift card

I logged into the microsoft account on my laptop and clicked on microsoft support - chat and the agent who helped me was able to do it from their end after some questions to confirm the account they asked how much i wanted to spend and the product i wanted
    to purchase and he processed the order.

He said there was an issue with the actual game not picking it up.

it was a bit of a wait online but so worth it.
Thema:

1. I want some actual support from Microsoft - Similar Threads - actual support Microsoft

2. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  3. Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?: Don't get the option of a Web chat and when I request a call back it tells me to try again later, the phone number just tells you to go online and then hang up, never known a customer services...
  4. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  5. Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?: Hello, on the 27th of december my Microsoft Account got hacked from a person. My Microsoft Account was mainly used for Minecraft only. On the very same day I browsed through the internet and...
  6. How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...: Few months ago my Microsoft account had been hacked, the password and email were changed and I have no access to it. But, yesterday I realized it is still logged into my Microsoft store somehow....
  7. What prevents Microsoft rewards support from actually working on ticket issues?

in XBoX on Windows
    What prevents Microsoft rewards support from actually working on ticket issues?: I think this is about the 2nd or 3rd time I've run into the issue of getting the "There's an issue with your account or order" screen when trying to redeem points. I've seen similar threads posted...
  8. How do I contact an actual person at microsoft for Xbox hardware repair support

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I contact an actual person at microsoft for Xbox hardware repair support: Hey, I have been trying to organise a repair request for my son's wireless xbox headset and keep getting sent in circles to the contact us section, but every time i try to request a call back it...
  9. how do i get in contact with an actual microsoft/xbox support staff member

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get in contact with an actual microsoft/xbox support staff member: I need to speak to someone who can actually assist me, i have tried calling to no avail, do not reply if you are a volunteer moderator I want assistance from a Microsoft staff member thank you....
  10. Is there actual Support for Microsoft customers out there?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there actual Support for Microsoft customers out there?: Upon encountering a problem I went round in circles in the support pages. Asking for a call back does not work! I did get 'another gamer' try to help; which resulted in a console reset and a...