I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files

Discus and support I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023.

1. ammar bohisi
    ammar bohisi Guest

Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead of redownloading it ,i need help in this because im not having strong internite to download the whole thing

:)

ammar bohisi, Jan 25, 2023
  2. SeizeTheFrog Win User

Discover pre-existing game files after reformat

Hey, I believe you can copy the game files across into the folder that is created by the Xbox beta app after you have reformatted the drive. However I'm not sure if you can direct the app to scan for games on a different SSD.
  3. CallMeChief Win User

Have to redownload a game onto another drive

Thank you for the reply

I managed to delete the files in my Windows Apps folder where my original download was saved by giving myself permissions in the advanced security settings for windows apps this allowed me to go into the WindowsApps folder and delete the file.

Thank you for the help but I will just redownload the game fully.

I would also appreciate if the Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass app allows you to discover existing files so people don't have to have this problem.

[​IMG]
  4. MrAdyCarter Win User

I did not receive the flamming T-shirt in Pinball FX2 after 5.000 wizard score : (

While this issue continues to exist I did today discover I can use this top via the Android app.
  5. Tall J Win User

PC Gaming / Xbox App Shambles

Yes - as per my post. I use the media tool to create an iso file and then did a reinstall, keeping my files.

Doing that got everything working again for a few hours.

Unfortunately, most of the problems then recurred (unable to install or uninstall games from the xbox app, cannot cancel existing queued installs, cannot run most games on the xbox app).
  6. Borgforce Win User

There was a problem with the update: 0x8b108036 0x00000000 0x00000300

I just tried this (factory reset off line and keeping games and apps) - it worked, my Xbox One now works again, but I lost some data in the factory reset. So far I’ve lost custom maps on MCC - Which words can’t explain how much I wanted to throw my controller through my tv when I discovered it - Don’t know why and don’t know how to recover them, the only ones that weren’t erased were the ones in file share.
Thema:

1. I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files - Similar Threads - app discover existing

2. PC xbox app opens then closes right away

in XBoX on Windows
    PC xbox app opens then closes right away: I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much tried everything i found online except...
  3. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  4. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  6. how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading: ive tried to open spotify and i see the green logo and it closes it and takes me back to home, ive restarted my xbox 14 times and unplugged it around 8 times and that has not done anything my...
  7. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  8. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  9. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  10. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...