I want a gamertag but it is taken by someone who has not been active

Discus and support I want a gamertag but it is taken by someone who has not been active in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The name has not been active for 9 years is there any way i can get the name? 5117436f-c10f-4595-937e-f8c162eb9d73 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scruss, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Scruss
    Scruss Guest

The name has not been active for 9 years is there any way i can get the name?

:)

Scruss, Jun 7, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Or you can do what everyone else does and use the gamertag system.with a hashtag

Or.a.change.in spelljng
  3. jPiggyy Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Based on this information, the gamertag should be free this upcoming August. However if the account is owned by someone who has since moved to pc and has linked their account to their browser when they log in there it should still count the account as active. There is nothing else that can be done about it.
  4. RB2exp98 Win User

Gamertags

i want to change my gamertag to right bumper but its taken by someone who doesnt even have gold
  5. Roadblocz Win User

This Gamertag does not exist on Xbox Live

Its not taken by someone Microsoft support confirms its not taken. The gamertag has been this way 5 years. Almost 6.
  6. vJDv Win User

Gamertag available and also taken??

The reason is when making a gamertag or changing to a gamertag. When you look for a gamertag for example try to add it as a friend and it will say " gamertag does not exist on xbox live " but when you try to change it says it's taken. The reason for this
    as the user of the gamertag has went inactive for a long time it's years before this happens and it's when there email has not been active as well. But the gamertag itself is still on xbox live system archive for if the user with the username ever wants to
    come back. The gamertag will come back to active. I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. I want a gamertag but it is taken by someone who has not been active - Similar Threads - gamertag taken someone

2. My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account: Recently my ex logged into my account, changed my gamertag, and then made a new account with it. I was wondering if theres any way to revert it? I use the name Advianza for a lot of things since I...
  3. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  4. Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?: Hey y'all! I was able to log in into my old Xbox account which had an OG username I would really like to set as my name on my active account. Since there is the new system that gives you a suffix...
  5. Gamertag I Would Like To Use Is Taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag I Would Like To Use Is Taken: So recently I've decided that I want to change my current, misspelt gamertag, that I made when I was 9, to something that is at least spelt right and also meaninful to me. I've had this username...
  6. gamertag taken by me and can't be used by me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamertag taken by me and can't be used by me.: Basically what happened is I tried signing in onto my switch with my Microsoft account And when I did that I created my gamertag But there are some issues and I somehow accidentally closed myself...
  7. I’m wondering if I can get an gamertag that is taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m wondering if I can get an gamertag that is taken: Hello I’m wondering if I can get a gamer tag called Skxullz my gamer tag rn is savxgeyt#9994 it seems the account hasn’t been active in a while it has no friends or followers. It has 0 game score...
  8. Paid for gamertag change, transaction shows complete and money has been taken but no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change, transaction shows complete and money has been taken but no...: Question pretty much sums it up. It's been over 24 hours since the transaction but my gamertag is the same as it was before. Tried logging out across all devices and no luck. Transaction is marked...
  9. not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken.

in XBoX Accessibility
    not allowing me to change gamertag to specific username despite it not being taken.: So recently me and some of my friends decided to all begin our gamertags with BoLT as we thought it was reminiscent of when people used to start clans on call of duty. i chose the name "BoLT " i...
  10. Wanted gamertag taken by inactive account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wanted gamertag taken by inactive account: I am wanting to change my Gamertag, but the name "" which I wish to change it to is taken. The account currently named "" has been inactive for 9 years (since 2013) Is there any way I might have...