I use xbox one S, mic not working in 360 game chat and parties

Discus and support I use xbox one S, mic not working in 360 game chat and parties in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use xbox one S, but pretty much only play xbox 360 games, and for over 6 months have had the issue of my headphones not working in 360 game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eat Euphoria, May 1, 2023.

1. eat Euphoria
    eat Euphoria Guest

Hello,

I use xbox one S, but pretty much only play xbox 360 games, and for over 6 months have had the issue of my headphones not working in 360 game chat and parties. I can hear the game fine, join 360 parties and hear participants fine but it doesnt even register a mic being in.

Likewise, when I used to go on the game my mic would show up in lobbies even if its muted, now it doesn't register or work even if unmuted. It just randomly stopped one day (again headphones are unnaffected: this is just the mic). My headphone mic still works on pc and with my phone, this is simply in game chat on 360 games. I have Razer Kraken headphones and theyre only about a yr and a half old.

I've discussed with gamer friends and none of them have experienced this issue. My mic works fine with everything on xbox one including xbox one games.

---

I have tried:

-jiggling mic, making aure unmuted ofc

- hard resetting my xbox plenty

- adjusting settings such as allowing all in 'communication and multiplayer' and allocating xbox controller to profile, making sure headset mic is turned on in xbox one and 360 settings, updating controller

- deleting and reuploading my 360 profiles

- I've brought 2 brand new controllers (didn't help)

- I've also followed a reddit suggestion I saw about removing mic, hard resetting and only put it back in once the 360 emulator was running, still nothing.

---

I'm at a loss, it's such a bizzare issue that appeared out of nowhere and it's really dampening my experience in game now, especially communication heavy modes like zombies. Any suggestions are welcome as I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks in advance

:)

eat Euphoria, May 1, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi eat Euphoria,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I need to gather more information about the issue,

What type of headset are you using?

Please see: Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

If you can’t hear someone when using in-game chat or private chat on your Xbox 360 console, try the following solutions.

Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Live chat on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

If everything has been done and still having issues. Please reach out to Razer support to see if they can provide additional troubleshooting steps that may fix this issue.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  5. US Revenge Win User

My Precious?

even when 360 didn't have party chat it felt like 60% of matches didn't have mics, i remember the original xbox 9/10 people had a mic and it was awesome 360 it was like 6/10 and after party chat it was like 1/10 people were in game chats.
  6. DE Aquatic Win User

Mic Issue

3 years later still a problem. I am having the same problem. I got my Xbox One S a couple days ago and the mic doesn't work. I can hear everything, but no one can hear me. Everyone in game chat can see my mic symbol. I have tried using apple headphones for
    a mic doesn't work. Bought adapter for my Xbox 360 turtle beaches doesn't work. I have tired a a lot of things but nothing works...
Thema:

1. I use xbox one S, mic not working in 360 game chat and parties - Similar Threads - mic working 360

2. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  3. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  4. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  7. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298
  8. Will an Xbox 360 mic work with an Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an Xbox 360 mic work with an Xbox One console?: Um, hi. I have a question. I got an Xbox One S console this weekend. Since we've just moved into a new house, I accidentally munted the chat chord to the mic it came with. I still have my mic from...
  9. Turtle Beach Earforce kilo Black ops II (360) The mic doesn't work w/ adapter for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Earforce kilo Black ops II (360) The mic doesn't work w/ adapter for Xbox One: I purchased these a couple weeks ago along with the adapter and proper cables. I updated my controller so the sound works great but, not mic. I can hear myself through the mic but in a party. I...
  10. Xbox 360 Kinect Mic wont Work for Chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Kinect Mic wont Work for Chat.: Hello, I have been using my Xbox 360 Kinect Microphone to Chat for Years now since my Original Mic died, (Don`t know how,) And today when I went to start up my Console and Join a Friends Party, I...