I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can...

Discus and support I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can anyone in the forum? d604ef9a-5fdc-4786-80d4-e82e7ff5d7a4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robbie Robinson1, Jan 12, 2023.

1. I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can...

I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can anyone in the forum?

:)

Robbie Robinson1, Jan 12, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Double Nat with only a gateway

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community,

I can see that you are getting double NAT your series X. Since your network setup is ONT gateway, you need to contact your ISP for more help.

See: Double NAT detected in your network settings | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

"Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Hello Gray

As for the double Nat you are using a Gateway and router? If so what is happening the Xbox console is trying to connect to both. What you can try is turning off the router and connect directly to the gateway with router off and see if able to connect. If
    you are you can view
    double nat detected
    in the area with using a gateway and router talks about bridging the gateway.

Hope this helps let us know!!

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Fiz upgrade de internet porém a taxa de download no xbox é muito baixa - NAT Duplo detectado

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an issue with Double NAT type. The cause for this is the Xbox is detecting two devices it can connect to, which then gives you that error. Here is a

guide for Double NAT
    . You may want to call your ISP(internet service provider) for assistance as you need to log into the modem/router.

Thanks,

brad
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Can't fix NAT problems on xbox one. PLS HELP!!

Hi timtima1

If you're using both a router and a gateway, you'll need to remove one of them from the network. First, try putting your gateway into bridge mode. Each manufacturer handles bridge mode differently; so you'll need to check with your manufacturer or service provider to find out how to do this.

If you can't put your gateway into bridge mode, try changing your router to function only as an access point. This will remove it as a NAT on your network.

Once you've changed either your gateway or your router settings, restart your Xbox and your network devices, and then check your network settings again to make sure that the double NAT message is gone.

For more help troubleshooting double NAT errors, see Double NAT detected in your network settings.

Learn more
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Why am I having connection issues?

When you changed ISP did you get a new Router Gateway or Modem?

If your using a older model and/or your network setup, I suspect that's where your issue lies.
Thema:

I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can...

1. I use a gateway and am getting double NAT detected error. ISP said they can’t help. Can... - Similar Threads - gateway getting double

2. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  3. Double Nat with only a gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat with only a gateway: Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my...
  4. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Windows
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  5. New gateway getting slow / inconsistent speeds only with Xbox consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New gateway getting slow / inconsistent speeds only with Xbox consoles.: I just picked up a new Netgear AX6000 CAX80, this is the first time for me personally to use my own modem with an ISP (Spectrum) in probably 10+ years. However, after getting everything online...
  6. My gateway won’t run age of mythology

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gateway won’t run age of mythology: My brand new gateway laptop from Walmart won’t run age of mythology sometimes I receive the error log in as administrator sometimes it says does not support graphics card....
  7. Trying to get NAT type "open" for two Xboxes hardlined to ATT BGW320-505 Gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to get NAT type "open" for two Xboxes hardlined to ATT BGW320-505 Gateway: By default if you connect an Xbox One to ATT Gateway (BGW320-505) it will have NAT type "strict" (which is not great -...
  8. XBOX 360 WONT CONNECT TO WIFI GATEWAY

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 WONT CONNECT TO WIFI GATEWAY: I started using my xbox360 to get hulu on a TV. I had an issue initially connecting it, which turned out to be fixed by deleting and re-downloading my profile. It worked for a week or two now I...
  9. Xbox 360s ip address, subnet mask, gateway, all zeros.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360s ip address, subnet mask, gateway, all zeros.: I have an xbox 360s that will not connect to my wireless mobile hotspot from my US Cellualr samsung galaxy s9 cell phone. This has been my main way of using the internet on my xbox 360 for several...
  10. : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode?: : How do I put my gateway modem into Bridge Mode? Hello alantaber, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how to turn bridge mode on for your...