I tried to change my classic gamertag and it went through and took 9.99 out of my account...

Discus and support I tried to change my classic gamertag and it went through and took 9.99 out of my account... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I wanted to change my classic gamertag and it said successful purchase and took 9.99 out of my account but when I pressed B to go back it took me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Phantomz, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Phantomz
    Phantomz Guest

I tried to change my classic gamertag and it went through and took 9.99 out of my account...

I wanted to change my classic gamertag and it said successful purchase and took 9.99 out of my account but when I pressed B to go back it took me to the screen where you change it and said error or try again or something. Never changed my classic gamertag and stole $10 from me. Smh

:)

Phantomz, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I tried to change my classic gamertag and it went through and took 9.99 out of my account but never changed it and sent me back to the screen saying there was an error. What do I do?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to validate first if the transaction is completed and successful. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and from there check if you can see the Gamertag change transaction, kindly try changing your Gamertag again, but this time you shouldn’t be charged again.
  3. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  4. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
  5. Qursing Win User

charged for gt change, never changed

first time i purchased the gt change it didnt go through and took out 9.99, gt changed once i had to go through the process again. wondering if i could possibly have a refund for the 9.99 i lost?
    Thanks to all of you for the replies, I contacted support about the issue. Waiting to see if I get a refund
  6. dup024305e0-e109-4c3 Win User

A question about changing my gamertag

The other week, I paid to change my gamertag to Spread and Moan; however, that was labeled as inappropriate and it was automatically changed to TenderPup195268. Today, when I went to change my gamertag, I expected to a free change since my gamertag was automatically
    changed to a randomly generated one. This was not the case. I was going to be charged the traditional $9.99 to change it. I spoke to a support employee, who requested that I get a free gamertag change. The reference number they gave me was [Mod Removed].
Thema:

1. I tried to change my classic gamertag and it went through and took 9.99 out of my account... - Similar Threads - tried change classic

2. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  3. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  4. Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?: Hey I got suspended from trying to change my profile pic. I was doing it on Xbox app and it kept freezing so I kept trying. Then when it said that it has been sent to y’all. A few minutes later I...
  5. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....
  6. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  7. My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to.: My profile picture doesnt change on the xbox app when i try to. It says it will be uploaded but then it never happens. Its been like this for days. ad016d9e-d042-4ee7-92d6-aa583ff3bd84
  8. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  9. Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...: Hi, everytime I try to go to the settings to change my accent color it would just load for ages and and eventually show up an error that says "We can't show color options right now" what can I do...
  10. How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...: I need help fixing this because i've been trying to find a way to change my skins and i did all sort of things like uploading the skins on the minecraft website and trying to change it in the app...