I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be...

Discus and support I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Received a gift code for CoD MW2 and I tried redeeming through Microsoft store but received a error stating "This product cannot be installed on this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cesar Varela1, Nov 5, 2022.

1. I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be...

Received a gift code for CoD MW2 and I tried redeeming through Microsoft store but received a error stating "This product cannot be installed on this PC". It showed up on my Library but still would not download. Freed up some space and rebooted my pc but now the app does not show up in my Microsoft library, tried redeeming it again but code was already used up. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

:)

Cesar Varela1, Nov 5, 2022
  2. Cesar Varela1 Win User

I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be installed on this PC." help?

Well the instructions on the redeem email says you can install on a PC through Microsoft Store or Xbox app. It's not the first game I've gotten this way so I dont know why it doesn't install or even see it in the library
    [​IMG]
  3. ngocphi Win User

I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be installed on this PC." help?

You need to address it with the seller

As mentioned it can't be done it iz only sold on Activision Blizzards store front on steam or battlenet

As kindgryphon mentioned you can enter the code on PC BUT YOU can't install a xbox console game on a pc

And the cross gen bundles is the console version and this is why you should always be wary of third party sellers

I already linked you the offical distribution methods of cod listed on mw II website which stated steam and battlenet are the only two methods for pc and xbox one and series consoles for xbox only
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Well the instructions on the redeem email says you can install on a PC through Microsoft Store or Xbox app. It's not the first game I've gotten this way so I dont know why it doesn't install or even see it in the library
    [​IMG]
    The instructions may be wrong about that then because the cross gen bundles only include the previous gen and current gen console versions of the game but dont include the PC version.

According to

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-ii-cross-gen-bundle/9NCL5M3V0RSH

Includes: - Cross Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II -- Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game

It says nothing about the PC version being included.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Well. No because you can't install an xbox game on a pc

Blizzard does not distribute on the Xbox store the pc version

You must buy via steam or blizzards own marketplace battlenet

Whoever gifted you the code would've gifted you the console version

You would've been gifted via battlenet or steam if they gifted you on those platforms

If you used a third party service you must address it with them

Otherwise unfortunately you can't refund it since you consumed the one time use code

https://www.callofduty.com/ca/en/modernwarfare2/buy

Those are the supported platforms

My guess it's because blizzard wants to avoid the 30% fee on pc vs consoles they are currated stores
  6. GrandpaFeeny Win User

Gears of War Code Fails to Initiate Download

received xbox one GOW bundle (500GB system) as a gift..redeemed code but it did not download. When I attempt to redeem again receive message that already has been redeemed. Do not see in my games or QUE awaiting download. When to store on system and it wants
    me to buy for 39.99. Any ideas?
Thema:

I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be...

1. I tried redeeming a gift code on MS store but received a message "This product cannot be... - Similar Threads - tried redeeming gift

2. Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...: Trying to redeem points for $25 dollar xbox gift card. Click on redeem and just keep getting try again over and over. f404b7a3-dcc5-44af-874a-ad1fe6b3b5fe
  3. Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t the money from the gift card that says I’ve redeemed show up when I try to buy...: I need help with my gift card that says I have redeemed wont let me use the money or show up on my Xbox except for the Microsoft account credit saying it was redeemed...
  4. I tried redeeming my Xbox reward points but I never received the reward

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried redeeming my Xbox reward points but I never received the reward: I got a code to verify it was me redeeming it and even then when I entered the code and it said it was successful I didn’t recover anything I’m not sure if it’s just delayed or what...
  5. When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will South Africa be able to redeem rewards on Microsoft rewards on Xbox I’ve tried...: Hi hope you are well when will South Africa be able to redeem Microsoft rewards on Xbox because it says I cannot log in and I’ve checked on internet and YouTube nothing works...
  6. Trying to redeem code and it won't let me proceed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to redeem code and it won't let me proceed: [img] Hello! I am trying to redeem a code for game pass subscription, it's not letting me past the 'turn on reoccurring billing' If I click continue it freezes and won't let me toggle it off to...
  7. bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought 2 xbox gift cards and tryed redeeming them and said codes are already taken.but not...: bought 2 xbox gift cards and when we tryed redeeming them said codes was alredy taken 5af93eac-8875-4a3e-8bca-430fc10efa62
  8. I redeemed a 5 dollar gift card with my points and I am trying to buy dragon ball the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a 5 dollar gift card with my points and I am trying to buy dragon ball the...: I redeemed a 5 dollar gift card with my points and I am trying to buy dragon ball the breakers sence it's on sell for 5$ it's not letting buy it with my points 2d8db16b-1ab1-4fd8-a017-7ea66b29be45
  9. when redeeming gift card the message shown is "This code wasn't found–try re-entering it....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when redeeming gift card the message shown is "This code wasn't found–try re-entering it....: 32$ gift card from Target and because its a Fortnite gift card it had a 16 letter and number code when redeemed in the epic games store it sent me a code to use for Xbox and when used it gave the...
  10. I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...: I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY REDEEMED. WHICH I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT FOR PURCHASES AND IT HAS...