I think my account got hacked and is being used somewhere else. How do I put a stop to this?

Discus and support I think my account got hacked and is being used somewhere else. How do I put a stop to this? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I posted earlier about issues with my account. I decided to just create a new account but ended up not being able to play my digitally purchased games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Soleepik, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Soleepik
    Soleepik Guest

I think my account got hacked and is being used somewhere else. How do I put a stop to this?

I posted earlier about issues with my account. I decided to just create a new account but ended up not being able to play my digitally purchased games on the system which is the home system for both accounts. The purchasing account needed to log in but I was unable to log in due to an unfamiliar email attached attached to my original account. About a half hour ago a buddy screenshots my profile I am unable to log in to playing online a game I never play and it shows my gamertag playing on the new Xbox. I currently only have the Xbox 1. How do I shut this down?

:)

Soleepik, Jan 18, 2023
  2. dmaul111478 Win User

Hacked Accounts. Something Needs to Be Done.

Agreed. I wish they'd acknowledge a problem here. I'm very careful online, don't sign up for random things or click links in e-mails (especially the junk e-mail accounts I use for things like Live) etc. so I definitely was not phished. My info was compromised
    somewhere be it MS, EA or somewhere else linked to the account (can't think of anything else that would be linked up unless my hotmail just got hacked--but Live is the only place I've had any fraud issues).
  3. nickpeck36 Win User

My credit card info was stolen from Xbox Live.

^ Exactly. The ONLY reason you got "hacked" is because you use the same user/pass with other sites as you do for your XBL sign in. Someone managed to get ahold of your info elsewhere and guessed at it on probably 100 other sites until they get into one.
    Someone playing a game against your can't hack your account info while you are playing lol, that's complete bs to the goof balls saying it / agreeing with it.

To put it simply, you got "hacked" because you screwed up somewhere, period. Change user names and passwords every few months or so and for your sake, NEVER use the same user/pass as you do for online banking or low level sites that probably get hacked
    / messed with a lot. I have been with XBL since beta and have always had a CC on file and have never once had an issue.

You are the reason you got hacked, be more careful and stop putting blame where it shouldn't be. 45 huh? Then you should know allllll about the "it's NEVER my fault" game lol, it always someone else or something elses fault :|
  4. Galactic Geek Win User

This year Christmas Noobs..

I had a match today with a Christmas NOOB who kept whining about his explosives getting hacked.

-

*Noob dies*

Noob: "OMG! I got killed with my own explosive!"

Me: "Yeah, that happens."

*Noob dies."

Noob: "OMG! It happened again!"

Me: "So stop using your bouncing betties."

Noob: "Why should I?"

Me: "Because the enemy's hacking them."

Noob: "They can do that!?"

Me: "Yes, they can."

Noob: " How?"

Me: "With a PDA."

Noob: "What's a PDA?"

Me: "A device that's used to take hack enemy explosives."

Noob: "How do I get 1?"

Me: "By leveling up & unlocking it with an unlock token."

*Noob dies*

Noob: "OMG! Stop hacking my explosives!"

Me: "Stop using your explosives & they won't have anything to hack."

Noob: "But I wanna use my betties!"

Me: "I don't think that's a good idea..."

*Noob dies*

Noob: "OMFG!"

*Noob dashboards*

*Game ends (Noob was host)*

Everybody else: "OMGWTF!"
  5. SimoniacRapier2 Win User

my accoun is being hacked

Quick question, did it say you were signed in somewhere else? That is a sign of a hack. When I was hacked, I also got disconnected often, so do not take this lightly. While it MAY be what ngocphi says, it could also be a hack.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Account banned

Still theft from xbox stopping ppl from accessing there digital purchased games and dlc it's disgusting how they steal your games like this
    Well, your account was hacked...so they likely put a ban on it to stop the other person from using the account (much like a bank would put a stop on a stolen credit card)..you would then contact them (appeal in this case) to get them to re-open the account if you have full control of it again. At least, to me, it seems that would be the most sensible thing for them to do upon being informed an account had been hacked
Thema:

1. I think my account got hacked and is being used somewhere else. How do I put a stop to this? - Similar Threads - account got hacked

2. Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...: It happened last year in November and i dont got access to the gamertag or current email/password 85649070-37f5-4ceb-a3f7-6b50351ed3d6
  3. My fortnite account got hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    My fortnite account got hacked: Hey my name is William and I just got My fortnite account hacked like I can't get into it or anything anymore they completely kicked me out of my account but what I did manage to get was the...
  4. My account got hack and i want it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hack and i want it back: hi Microsoft is not very helpful with my case.. my account got hack and the gmail has been change but i have my transaction on Minecraft. all i want is my minecart, i want it back.. so please help...
  5. Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault: My account got hacked and it was not my fault and it says I'm suspended for a year and I can't play online 59529aed-7b95-4366-b3ac-b4909cb8922c
  6. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  7. Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.: My Xbox account suddenly got permanently banned. And there was no telling the reason and no reason why the ban was banned. Most of the information I looked at would inform the user why they were...
  8. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  9. My Minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got hacked.: The hacker has changed the account email and password as well as turned on two step verification. I contacted support multiple times and only got it suspended. Is there anything else i can do ??...
  10. Account got hacked and stolen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hacked and stolen.: Hi! My Ubisoft Account got hacked and stolen, I created a new one but I can't connect the new one to my Xbox Game Pass and ubisoft did not want to give a ... about it, I wrote them that it got...